Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Fort Lauderdale [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
I will be here until Monday morning (4am checkout YUCK) so i will report back if the sound is an issue.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Over the weekend, while the pool party is taking place, it's annoying! Borderline maddening.
Getting a suite at a location practically created for partying??? Sounds like self inflicted pain to me.

I think you might be better off at the 4 Points Miami Beach...much quieter there!!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 8:47 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
Question for those who know the area.

I don't have a car while I am here. Where can i grab some cheap eats (lunch) within walking distance.
It's far walking to a place to eat but Primanti Bros always had a line waiting at the restaurant.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by ldsant
It's far walking to a place to eat but Primanti Bros always had a line waiting at the restaurant.
HAHA I have been traveling to Pittsburgh for work for the past 4 months (will will continue doing so hopefully for another year), the home of Primanti.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Getting a suite at a location practically created for partying??? Sounds like self inflicted pain to me.

I think you might be better off at the 4 Points Miami Beach...much quieter there!!
No..No Mr. Smartypants! I know you're kidding but you're missing my point. The location of that particular suites (front balcony) is directly above the pool. You can hear here everything and I found it a bit overwhelming. I was trying to get ready and had my own music on and it was drowned out by the pool party.

My suite, on a higher floor, that wasn't an issue.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:15 am

My suite is about 5 floors up from the pool and sound has not been an issue at all. YMMV
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
I have to say, the "Flat"s are amazing. It had a kitchen, multiple doors to the balcony and 2 bathrooms, plus a dining room. . . likely a Residence that didn't sell.

the pool was a zoo, but in a fun way, though I couldn't imagine taking kids there.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 7:31 pm

I agree the pool deck is very loud, but I can't hear it from my room so I have no problem. The hotel might move you if you ask.

I'm currently staying at this hotel and while it has nice design, the following things have been annoyances:
-Couldn't find the on-beach towel-giver anywhere at around 3:30 pm, so had to walk all the way back to the pool deck to get a towel.
-On check-in: Crumbs all over my carpet. Half-used shampoo bottles in bathroom. Large stain on bathrobe. Clearly not enough attention given to room-cleaning.
-And a pet-peeve of mine, the door does not latch unless slammed. Does not latch when closed by its gentle-closing device.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 8:06 pm

I had the same problem with the bath robe. Mine had what looked like a cigarette burn in the pocket
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Fantastic Suite

Last edited by jrzyshawn; Sep 20, 2010 at 1:22 am
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Fabulous Flat

Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Smile

staying here at christmas-can anyone suggest some restaurants (not too expensive) for meals-and most importantly for christmas dinner/lunch???

family of 5 with 3 small kids

cheers
Old Oct 24, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
W hotel - traveling with wife and friend?

My wife and I are planning a trip with a good friend we have traveled with in the past. The hotel looks nice, but the website photos appear to have a non-private bathroom setup, something I have found fairly common with W hotels. As a plat, we may get upgraded to a bigger room, but don't want to chance an overly uncomfortable situation. Obviously separate rooms would be best, but if we're constrained to one ... for those who have stayed here, would this hotel be more uncomfortable than others to share a room?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Exclamation

Originally Posted by traveling_consultant
My wife and I are planning a trip with a good friend we have traveled with in the past. The hotel looks nice, but the website photos appear to have a non-private bathroom setup, something I have found fairly common with W hotels. As a plat, we may get upgraded to a bigger room, but don't want to chance an overly uncomfortable situation. Obviously separate rooms would be best, but if we're constrained to one ... for those who have stayed here, would this hotel be more uncomfortable than others to share a room?

In my experience most of the bathrooms in the hotel building are like/similar to this

The condo bathrooms are pretty standard. However, being upgraded to one of those is above a select standard upgrade.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, PC Plat, Delta PM
W Ft Lauderdale Question

I'm a new plat for SPG and have an upcoming reservation for the W Ft. Lauderdale for a spectacular room. According to their website there is availability for all types of suites (including regular ones), corner rooms, and fabulous rooms and the date is coming up soon. If a regular suite is available according to the spg.com website on the day of my check-in, should I expect to get it upon check in? If they don't give it to me is it something I can bring up to the GM or call the SPG concierge? I've checked the message thread and it sounds like this location is not very favorable to plats in general.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.