Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Tunis Hotel & Towers, Tunisia [Master Thread]

Sheraton Tunis Hotel & Towers, Tunisia [Master Thread]

Old May 2, 09, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bon Titanium, Accor Platinum (former IHG Plat Ambass - quit after 13 years)
Question Sheraton Tunis Hotel & Towers, Tunisia [Master Thread]

I've used the search function and can't find ANYTHING on this property - no master thread, or even ANY comments at all....

Has anyone been to this property in Tunisia in the last 12 months and can comment on the quality of the rooms, swimming pool and service standards ?

Also, I would like to know how easy or difficult it is to get to the major tourist sites of Tunis from this hotel. Is is central, or if not, is it at least near any public transport ?

Last edited by est-gratuite; May 2, 09 at 8:13 am
Old May 2, 09, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
I stayed there last year.

Overall: nice hotel. Rooms are not "brand new" but typical of a Sheraton. Revamped lobby with the internet kiosks (although these were working intermittently).

You are across the street from a military installation and about a 10 minute ride from the Old Town--cabs are not expensive. Unsure about buses.

Avis rental car on-site for very reasonable rates assuming you can drive stick.

Good value for a point redemption.
Old May 2, 09, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA
Stayed there a few years ago. Nothing special about the rooms that I can recall. They had a decent pool and great views over the city since it is built on a hilltop. Not within walking distance of anything, but cabs were reasonable.
If in Tunis though, DON'T MISS THE BARDO MUSEUM. Incredible!!!
Old May 3, 09, 12:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum/Hyatt Diamond
This is a nice hotel.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. We stayed there three years ago.

Yes, the Bardo is one of the top museums in the world for mosaic art - simply fantastic (but located in a very ordinary neighborhood.)

You do need cabs but BEWARE ... make sure your taxi has a METER. If not, be prepared to fight with the driver - we got really sick of that game.
Old May 3, 09, 6:40 am

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
Staying here in a few weeks on a cruise stop.

Are there any major (or minor) sites you would recommend for a short, one day visit?

Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 11, 7:59 pm

Programs: BA (Silver), Westjet (Gold), Fairmont (Platinum), Marriott (Gold), Aeroplan
I'll be in Tunis for a couple of days in May and am considering booking a couple nights at the Sheraton Tunis with points.

Has anyone stayed here recently?

How was your stay?

Thanks,
MARS1982
Old Jan 15, 11, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA (Silver), Westjet (Gold), Fairmont (Platinum), Marriott (Gold), Aeroplan
Guess not too many people on these forums in Tunisia recently?

The way things have erupted in the last few days I don't know if that trip in May will be happening after all.
Old Jan 15, 11, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by mars1982 View Post
Guess not too many people on these forums in Tunisia recently?

The way things have erupted in the last few days I don't know if that trip in May will be happening after all.

must be BOMBastic over there
Old Jan 31, 13, 5:14 am

Sheraton Tunis

Taxi fare from airport is 6TDN, taxi will try to charge you 20TDN, make sure your taxi has a functioning meter.

Hotel was very nice, Club lounge on the 5th floor offers a decent breakfast and drinks selection. Harry's Pub off of the main foyer is good and features the local 'Celtia' brand beer on tap.

I liked the fitness centre, quite possibly the best hotel gym I've seen, almost 'gym' quality with amount of machines and weights available. Pool is decent and there is a nice spa with massage.

Did not use the restaurants.

My room overlooked the expansive hotel grounds and the Iranian Embassy.

Overall rating of the property was favourable, I will stay there again.^
Old Oct 2, 16, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Any recent experience with this property?
Old Jan 19, 18, 8:08 am
Suspended
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jakpot View Post
Taxi fare from airport is 6TDN, taxi will try to charge you 20TDN, make sure your taxi has a functioning meter.
Like BKK and many other airports, you just walk up to where the taxis drop off and then you will easily find a guy who is willing to go meter. It was only 4 dinars for me recently, at night without traffic. Roughly the same for the return. The Sheraton shuttle wanted something like 30 bucks! Definitely take a taxi.

The hotel is still in decent condition and the club is still relatively good. Tunisia makes some pretty good wines and they are free pour in the club, although the staff would prefer to serve it for you. Good happy hour food. I didn't get any platinum upgrade other than club though.
Old Nov 3, 18, 10:38 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Gold/Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond, SQ, EK
Any recent stays here? Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 18, 6:41 am

Stayed there last month. As others have noted, it's an older hotel (formerly a Hilton built in the 1970s), but still in pretty good shape. Nothing within walking distance, so you'll need a taxi or car to get around to other areas of the city or locale. Good security. Transportation on hotel shuttle to and from airport costs approximately $13 or $14 USD - email hotel to arrange. Nice club and friendly staff. If you have club access, you'll eat breakfast there. Two restaurants in hotel were open, pretty good food.
Old Nov 6, 18, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Is Tunisia worth going as a tourist?
Old Nov 6, 18, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
Is Tunisia worth going as a tourist?

yes

Search this Thread
Search Engine: