Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Santa Ynez Valley Marriott, Buellton, California [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Ask for a room not facing the freeway to avoid freeway noise.
Print Wikipost

Santa Ynez Valley Marriott, Buellton, California [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Now participating in the Ambassador Program?

It was like someone from SPG was working at the property this weekend: received an upgrade to a suite, note from the front desk + amenity of a bottle of wine and some nuts/candy. They also took a look at my profile and placed a few extra toiletries items in the bathroom AND even removed 'religious literature' as requested in my Ambassador profile.

Kudos to this property!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
What was the breakfast situation? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
What was the breakfast situation? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.
There's no reason to believe it's changed from what's previously been reported (as recently as last October), since the rules have stayed the same for Marriott branded properties and this property has no lounge.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
There's no reason to believe it's changed from what's previously been reported (as recently as last October), since the rules have stayed the same for Marriott branded properties and this property has no lounge.
In maintaining the exec lounge sticky I've discovered things can change. So it doesn't hurt to ask. Also I'm not sure that 'what you get at a HIE + omelette" means it's cont'l w/ omelette station or full but lousy w/ an omelette station So any update/clarification is appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
In maintaining the exec lounge sticky I've discovered things can change. So it doesn't hurt to ask. Also I'm not sure that 'what you get at a HIE + omelette" means it's cont'l w/ omelette station or full but lousy w/ an omelette station So any update/clarification is appreciated.

Cheers.
Process change since October: basically you still get a full type breakfast with the certificate that the front desk gives elites, however you no longer go to an omelette bar - the servers give you a paper slip to select your egg type or check-off omelette ingredients. They take the slip and deliver the egg dish to your table. Meanwhile, there is still a buffet that has cut fresh fruit, pastries/breads, bacon & sausage, breakfast potatoes, and a self-serve waffle maker. Overall, I think this is an improvement.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Process change since October: basically you still get a full type breakfast with the certificate that the front desk gives elites, however you no longer go to an omelette bar - the servers give you a paper slip to select your egg type or check-off omelette ingredients. They take the slip and deliver the egg dish to your table. Meanwhile, there is still a buffet that has cut fresh fruit, pastries/breads, bacon & sausage, breakfast potatoes, and a self-serve waffle maker. Overall, I think this is an improvement.
Thanks. I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
It was like someone from SPG was working at the property this weekend
Why, were there a series of unfulfilled promises and an excess of unjustified pretentiousness?

Because all the good things you listed about the customer service at this property are just the kind of treatment most of us came to expect from Marriott over the years. This property in particular was always good about suite upgrades, too.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any Covid-19 era stays that people can comment on cleanliness standards and food offerings?
Old Sep 29, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
Any Covid-19 era stays that people can comment on cleanliness standards and food offerings?
I haven't done a stay here yet but have one booked for early '21. But your comment makes me nervous: has this hotel had cleanliness issues in the past?

From reading this thread, I'm not expecting a truly amazing stay. We have expiring free night certs and will be in this area, so I figure this place is "good enough" as long as they do the basic stuff right.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 1:38 pm
Community Director Emerita

We own an essential business and my husband has been in and out of the Santa Barbara area the past few months. He has tried a number of hotels. He's not at all picky, especially on his own. He wants clean, easy parking, and ideally breakfast. He has tried three of the Marriott family and has settled on this property. He feels they offer more in the time of Covid.

Goleta Courtyard - didn't prefer
Goleta Residence Inn - acceptable
Santa Ynez Buellton Marriott - well content

His reasons are really the service they offer during Covid. The Courtyard and Residence Inn have a grab and go breakfast with food that is unappealing to him. The Marriott prepares a cooked breakfast and delivers it to the room. He said the employee is masked and the food is delivered in a bag. He got a tasty omelet this past week. A very big factor is that the Marriott has a restaurant and the other two do not. It's very convenient to come in from a day of hard work and be able to order food that will be brought to the room. He doesn't know the area and really doesn't have time to figure out where to get takeout. The hotel has also been gracious about upgrading to a suite. This was perfect for meeting with his partner. They ordered food that was delivered and they had space in which to meet and work. Also, he wrapped up work early this week and the hotel let him leave early with no charge, despite only letting them know on the morning. Prices are currently competitive or lower than the Courtyard and Residence Inn. He returns this coming week.
DELee, DJ_Iceman and jtp1947 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We own an essential business and my husband has been in and out of the Santa Barbara area the past few months. He has tried a number of hotels. He's not at all picky, especially on his own. He wants clean, easy parking, and ideally breakfast. He has tried three of the Marriott family and has settled on this property. He feels they offer more in the time of Covid.

Goleta Courtyard - didn't prefer
Goleta Residence Inn - acceptable
Santa Ynez Buellton Marriott - well content

His reasons are really the service they offer during Covid. The Courtyard and Residence Inn have a grab and go breakfast with food that is unappealing to him. The Marriott prepares a cooked breakfast and delivers it to the room. He said the employee is masked and the food is delivered in a bag. He got a tasty omelet this past week. A very big factor is that the Marriott has a restaurant and the other two do not. It's very convenient to come in from a day of hard work and be able to order food that will be brought to the room. He doesn't know the area and really doesn't have time to figure out where to get takeout. The hotel has also been gracious about upgrading to a suite. This was perfect for meeting with his partner. They ordered food that was delivered and they had space in which to meet and work. Also, he wrapped up work early this week and the hotel let him leave early with no charge, despite only letting them know on the morning. Prices are currently competitive or lower than the Courtyard and Residence Inn. He returns this coming week.
Agreed. Paid a few visits here in 2020 and while there are things that could be improved, this specific property is at least trying with F&B. Add in the easy & no-charge parking, recent renovations and of course the location, and you have a very decent hotel for wine country visits, business in the area, etc.
LAX-1K likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 6:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

We stayed here for 2 nights to visit some local wineries last month.
  • Paid rate was pretty good to book the base room ($120 during the 25% sales) over the weekend and used 2 SNA to further upgrade to a full suite.
  • We were offered a ground suite that faced the freeway. It's much smaller than the one we received later but it did have a very large patio. We declined due to the noise from the freeway.
  • The suite we received was the only one on the property that had a patio with a dining table. It's really a nice treat to eat breakfast sitting outside on our private patio and enjoyed a nice view of the mountain in the distance.
  • The breakfast was good with multiple choices of hot food. You can pick tea/coffee/juice.
  • The room has been updated with fairly new installed furniture. The pool was open and there was no signup sheet required. The pool was semi-heated and a decent size to do laps.

SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 6:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

My husband is here every two to three weeks as he has business in the area. They continue to treat him very well. The past two visits, the hotel has been completely sold out so no upgrade was possible. They are getting a lot of folks coming in for college visits. It's great to see recovery after a very difficult year.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by thebluejean
We stayed here for 2 nights to visit some local wineries last month.
  • Paid rate was pretty good to book the base room ($120 during the 25% sales) over the weekend and used 2 SNA to further upgrade to a full suite.
  • We were offered a ground suite that faced the freeway. It's much smaller than the one we received later but it did have a very large patio. We declined due to the noise from the freeway.
  • The suite we received was the only one on the property that had a patio with a dining table. It's really a nice treat to eat breakfast sitting outside on our private patio and enjoyed a nice view of the mountain in the distance.
  • The breakfast was good with multiple choices of hot food. You can pick tea/coffee/juice.
  • The room has been updated with fairly new installed furniture. The pool was open and there was no signup sheet required. The pool was semi-heated and a decent size to do laps.

So no table inside to do work on?

David
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DELee
So no table inside to do work on?

David
Yes, there is a working desk inside the bedroom. I believe it's the standard desk in every room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.