Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Hoboken [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:00 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SPG Plat
I'm trying to post a review since it's been a while since anyone did but it's not letting me upload photos using the "review" editor ("unable to write to path"). Anyone have clues as to why?

Originally Posted by zerbib
Any pictures of the next door construction building work( finished)? I'd be interested to know if it finally blocks some of the south facing views of downtown Manhattan?
I'd say x10 (fantastic suite), x12 and MAYBE x13 are ok. I'd say the ones that are more towards the "back" are completely blocked.

Here's a photo I took from the x10 balcony this weekend (not super helpful I know but thought I'd share anyway).

Attached Images  
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anybody know how accommodating this prop will be with a ~7am check in on a Sunday for just a normal Plat? TIA
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:04 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
So… just checked in to this hotel:

- Hard product is quite nice, and I immediately felt like it was the best W in the New York area in that regard. (I've stayed at all of them. They're mostly terrible.)

- But, I'm starting to realize the problem: the people here are the worst. I don't know if this is just NJ living up to its reputation — but people here are just the worst obnoxious .........s. There's a huge classiness difference between this property and those across the Hudson.

Anyone here feel this way too?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Been a full year since last post in this thread and I just had a 2 night stay this past weekend so I figured I'd add some thoughts.

We've stayed here a few times before and generally like it. We have a nephew at Stevens so the location can't be beat. Very close to the Hoboken station for PATH/NJ transit/Ferry. Very close to Washington street for tons of food and shopping options. Staff are always quite good when we are there. As a Plat, this was first time using SNA, which cleared about 5 days out into the top suite available for SNA, I believe (Fantastic suite with balcony, river and city view, 1.5 bath). The WOW suites appear to be exempt from SNA. I only selected the Fantastic suite or the Cool corner when applying SNA. Rates for the weekend got up to $400-ish the week or 2 before our stay. Hotel seemed plenty busy. The room was huge, balcony was nice but not terribly useful during December in Hoboken. No issue with late checkout (2pm, we didn't ask for later). The room we were in was starting to show it's age, but it was mostly little cosmetic things you had to look twice to notice. Welcome offer was breakfast or points. We had brunch plans both days so I didn't even think to ask what the breakfast option details were. They have a pretty awesome brunch at Halifax which is always booked out a couple weeks in advance (seems to be the most hip millenial bottomless brunch in town), so I'm not really sure how they would do breakfast for elites.

To add another data point, my brother in law was also there as a gold on a cheap government/military rate and got upgraded to a Spectacular room.

Side note... avoid SantaCon Hoboken weekend at all costs.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mpw81
Welcome offer was breakfast or points. We had brunch plans both days so I didn't even think to ask what the breakfast option details were. They have a pretty awesome brunch at Halifax which is always booked out a couple weeks in advance (seems to be the most hip millenial bottomless brunch in town), so I'm not really sure how they would do breakfast for elites.
I stayed here on July 4th (basically tacking on a night to a weekend trip to Manhattan) and took the breakfast, which I don't remember a whole lot about, but it was buffet-style and in Halifax. Halifax's web site says Brunch is Sat/Sun 11a-3p so maybe there's no conflict timing-wise?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Any recent stays here? Have an upcoming stay with 2 rooms, and SNAs cleared on both into a Fantastic Suite (which I assume will be on two different floors, or are x08 and x10 both Fantastic Suites on each floor?)
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Any recent stays here? Have an upcoming stay with 2 rooms, and SNAs cleared on both into a Fantastic Suite (which I assume will be on two different floors, or are x08 and x10 both Fantastic Suites on each floor?)
Stayed the first weekend in May. We had 6 adults (3 pairs). SNAs all cleared at 5 days out to Fantastic Suites. We were up higher in one suite but my in-laws were all on the same floor in x08 and x10. They angle in toward each other but no connecting door. The balconies are also divided by quite a bit since the bedrooms are the first door immediately inside the main door, run the length of the room and and have full width windows on the east facing wall of the building. Basically, cut the room in half from west to east and the inner area is the bedroom and the outer area is the living room.

x10 has great views of lower manhattan, x08 has great views of midtown north.

Our first night (a Friday) was a little rough. Some room near us had a bunch of people and was clearly a one-night party kind of room. Well that, or they got asked to leave after night one. Made the entire floor reek of pot. Our call to security around 1am was taken care of quickly. Subsequent nights were great. In-laws floor had a bachelorette party on night 2 but I don't think it was as bad as our first night.

NJ restrictions are likely either gone or very different from our stay, but happy to answer any other questions. We've stayed here numerous times in the past 4 years.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by mpw81
Stayed the first weekend in May. We had 6 adults (3 pairs). SNAs all cleared at 5 days out to Fantastic Suites. We were up higher in one suite but my in-laws were all on the same floor in x08 and x10. They angle in toward each other but no connecting door. The balconies are also divided by quite a bit since the bedrooms are the first door immediately inside the main door, run the length of the room and and have full width windows on the east facing wall of the building. Basically, cut the room in half from west to east and the inner area is the bedroom and the outer area is the living room.

x10 has great views of lower manhattan, x08 has great views of midtown north.

Our first night (a Friday) was a little rough. Some room near us had a bunch of people and was clearly a one-night party kind of room. Well that, or they got asked to leave after night one. Made the entire floor reek of pot. Our call to security around 1am was taken care of quickly. Subsequent nights were great. In-laws floor had a bachelorette party on night 2 but I don't think it was as bad as our first night.

NJ restrictions are likely either gone or very different from our stay, but happy to answer any other questions. We've stayed here numerous times in the past 4 years.
Thanks so much for the quick response. We're staying Monday, so the party thing shouldn't be as likely to be an issue. I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask to be on the same floor in x08 and x10 (it will be convenient to be next door even if the rooms and balconies don't connect).

Website appears to indicate no breakfast available at all (for pay or otherwise) -- do you recall if this was the case when you stayed in May?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:38 am

No breakfast at all in May.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 10:43 am

Had a great 1-night stay here a couple weeks ago. We settled on the W Hoboken because we needed a place that would support:
-a cat
-a newborn
-a regular car
-a 26-foot U-Haul
-2 rooms of a decent size, roughly midway from DC to Maine

Booked 2 basic rooms at AAA rate ($219, I think), used SNAs for each, and both confirmed into Fantastic Suites. Paid $100 for the cat, $35 for parking the car in the garage across the street, and $48 to park the U-Haul at the PATH surface lot a few blocks away (thankfully this was way easier than anticipated).

We were assigned 608 & 610. Great rooms, plenty of space, an extra half-bath in each was appreciated, and the bedrooms are truly separate, so it's a proper suite. Excellent views from the balconies. No breakfast was available at all, but doordash brought us great bagel sandwiches quickly, and there were Nespresso machines in the room and unlimited water bottles available from the front desk. Everyone was (surprisingly?) friendly, and overall it reminded me a lot of the W in Washington DC. Lobby bar was closed, but Halifax was buzzing and I heard several folks talking about how the weekend bottomless brunch there is the best in town. For dinner I went over to Del Frisco's Grill around the corner.

Lots of nice parks/green space along the river, very walkable, highly recommend.

Cat in a box; WTC view

​​​​​​​

Cat enjoyed the texture of the couch

View from the balcony
Old Jul 10, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
Cute cats! And gorgeous views!
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Has anyone stayed here in the last couple of months? Has the hotel re-established breakfast as a welcome benefit? Any experience with compensation for no breakfast offered?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
Has anyone stayed here in the last couple of months? Has the hotel re-established breakfast as a welcome benefit? Any experience with compensation for no breakfast offered?
Breakfast offered in the restaurant from 7:45 to 9:45 as a welcome gift choice, but only the "Bonvoy Continental " at the top of the menu. You cannot use towards anything else. The check in desk agent claimed reservations were required, but in practice that was not being enforced.

So complying within the letter of the rules.

Last edited by PrancingPonyGoldMember; Jul 1, 2022 at 7:14 am
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by PrancingPonyGoldMember
Breakfast offered in the restaurant from 7:45 to 9:45 as a welcome gift choice, but only the "Bonvoy Continental " at the top of the menu. You cannot use towards anything else. The check in desk agent claimed reservations were required, but in practice that was not being enforced.

So complying within the letter of the rules.
Thanks, this is good development. I don't mind this sort of technical compliance -- that's a pretty solid-sounding breakfast, and if there are 2 of you, you could add a side of smoked salmon or breakfast meat, etc., to share for a nominal fee. Usually you can add a single egg as a side for something like $4-6 at this kind of place too. Having the fruit, yogurt, and berries along with the carbs -- and having both coffee and juice as opposed to just one as some properties try to do -- takes the "bonvoy" out of it IMO.
Old May 15, 2023, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Surprised not many posts here, I booked a last minute stay here for last night. Booked a Wonderful Partial River View and the room was shortly upgraded to a Cool Corner, River View. Although it sounds like a down-grade in category it is actually a really nice room upgrade except for being a lower floor. If your below 6 I'd really just take a room away from the River as people are hanging-out or playing music along it till 1AM and the balcony doors don't hold back the noise. Snack/Refrigerators are stocked and staff are great.

I wasn't offered points or breakfast ironically so can't comment on what was offered, hoping it defaults to points as I don't eat breakfast otherwise another email to the Ambassador Line.. (Not even going to bother to try and collect the $100)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.