Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 3:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
My favorite room is the Rama Suite.
Finishing a stay in Rama Suite right now and it is my new favorite as well. The outdoor patio is unique and wonderful. Not just the hot tub (which is great) but the canopy of trees over the lounging area, which provides shade most of the day. This is a perfect place to sit and read while enjoying the warm tropical air. Simply amazing to have this private green space smack in the middle of Bangkok, mere hundreds of feet from Sukhumvit.

I just wish there was a way to turn on the bathroom lights without lighting up the bedroom

Originally Posted by washeelers747
I am thinking about burning my 7 night cat 5 certificate at this property but don't intend to stay whole 7 nights. Maybe 4-5 nights, it will be not an issue for management even final 1-3 night will be "throwaway nights"?
This is one of the most accommodating properties on the planet, so I really doubt it. As noted in a different thread, you won't get nights credit for the nights post check-out.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Good to see SGS has managed to salvage the data on previous stays and now provide the 'This is your XX stay' slip of paper along with the room keycard at check in.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by newshound
Good to see SGS has managed to salvage the data on previous stays and now provide the 'This is your XX stay' slip of paper along with the room keycard at check in.
I understand they recreated it manually.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by Kacee

This is one of the most accommodating properties on the planet, so I really doubt it. As noted in a different thread, you won't get nights credit for the nights post check-out.
Yeah, I rather make something out of my expiring 7 night certificate and why not enjoying my final year as Marriott Titanium by staying at SGS. I did look at StR and JW Marriott BKK but i know SGS well and like location anyways. Nice "jungle" pool, Titanium benefits such as generous happy hours, etc matter to me even some rooms show their ages.

I understand they recreated it manually.
Should I proactively email SGS my old SPG # for them to look up past stays before my arrival? I don't see titanium benefits list here so should I email them for Titanium members benefits at SGS?
Old May 27, 2019, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Should I proactively email SGS my old SPG # for them to look up past stays before my arrival? I don't see titanium benefits list here so should I email them for Titanium members benefits at SGS?
The past number of stays you have at SGS won't affect your service or benefits unless you have loads of them, in which case management and staff already know you, so emailing the hotel in advance still won't matter. No need to email for TIT bennies. If you're TIT, that will be reflected in your rezzie, and you'll get the bennies automatically.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; May 28, 2019 at 7:59 am
Old May 27, 2019, 7:15 pm

I think the interesting question here is whether you should email them in advance to advise you'll be staying less than seven nights. That could theoretically improve your odds of an upgrade.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Yeah, I rather make something out of my expiring 7 night certificate and why not enjoying my final year as Marriott Titanium by staying at SGS. I did look at StR and JW Marriott BKK but i know SGS well and like location anyways. Nice "jungle" pool, Titanium benefits such as generous happy hours, etc matter to me even some rooms show their ages.

Don't need to email them. They will give you the full benefits. I'm Titanium and currently here on a 7 nights certificate. Checking out in a couple of days time. Great stay so far. Used the SNA and upgraded to the Luxury Suite. I chose SGS over St Regis.

Happy
Old May 28, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: free agent
I think the interesting question here is whether you should email them in advance to advise you'll be staying less than seven nights. That could theoretically improve your odds of an upgrade.
Yeah that's what I am thinking about. So far, room availability look good on my desired dates.

Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
Don't need to email them. They will give you the full benefits. I'm Titanium and currently here on a 7 nights certificate. Checking out in a couple of days time. Great stay so far. Used the SNA and upgraded to the Luxury Suite. I chose SGS over St Regis.

Happy
Would love to have SNAs but I took Marriott Platinum Challenge and never did stay enough to get SNAs this year. They did email me with list of Titanium benefits, and I am quite curious about trying out breakfast at Rossini's on couple of days (I really am ok with their breakfast at regular restaurant few years ago). I enjoyed Platinum benefit at BarSu as well. I enjoy drinking during my vacation and don't really care too much about no lounge at this property. If i really need something, i'll waltz to nearby 7-11 or T21 mall.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:45 pm

I''m pretty sure you can attach the 7-night cert to a reservation of < 7 nights.

-David
washeelers747 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:32 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Or perhaps not tell them you are staying less than 7 nights and collect the extra nights towards status requalification. Just don’t go to the front desk to check out when you leave.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Or perhaps not tell them you are staying less than 7 nights and collect the extra nights towards status requalification. Just don’t go to the front desk to check out when you leave.
If for more than one night, won't housekeeping notice that no one's been in the room and report it?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by newshound
I still didn't get this on my last stay. I'm hoping they do keep track still, because I have another round number stay coming up soon.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I asked for it when I checked in last time and they were happy to provide it for me.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Have just checked out.Did not get the number of stays on arrival.
And I guess it had to happen but first service snafu after 25+ stays.Early to Rossinis for breakfast.Only 3 others there at 0640.gave our order fairly soon after our arrival.Couple at next table delivered their cooked items then cook walks out.At 0710 still no cooked breakfast so we left.The cook had just returned.
Now they really tried to recover.back in our room and a room service breakfast arrived.But we had just rung the concierge to have our bags collected.Then whilst checking out the server appeared by my side with a boxed breakfast.Sorry but the thought of eating in the car just didn't appeal to us-I hope it wasn't our cooked items.

Was going to stay again in September but no senior rate available.The stay 4 pay for 3 rate is now dearer than the Members flexible rate.Combined with the Aussie dollar dropping like a stone the ROS with a seniors rate is less than half the SGS rate.So we will miss the Living Room staff and the piano player in the evenings but we will be going back to the river.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drron
Was going to stay again in September but no senior rate available.The stay 4 pay for 3 rate is now dearer than the Members flexible rate. Combined with the Aussie dollar dropping like a stone the ROS with a seniors rate is less than half the SGS rate.
Hey, DrRon, long time. Well, I can't help you with the AUD, of course....

I checked on the Pay 3 Stay 4 rate at SGS earlier today, as it happens. I checked for a four night stay in mid-July. I was quoted 5,600 per night. So 5,600 per night × 3 paid nights ÷ 4 night stay = 4,200 per night over the four night stay. The best rate I was able to get online was 4,760. So, at least for my dates, this rate is still better than BAR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.