Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:36 am
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
This offer is basically fake. The 'Limited Time Offer' rate under the ADP code comes up with rates that are even slightly more expensive than the best pre-paid rate. What's the point in claiming it's up to 35% off when it's actually more expensive (at least 225 baht when it's at its cheapest rate) than the other rates with the same non-refundable booking conditions!
Dear yorkboy24,

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. However, after reviewing the room rates, we have not found that the Limited Time Offer rates are higher than the best pre-paid rates. It would much appreciate if you could share with us your period of stay that you are searching for so that we can further investigate.

With kind regards,
Richard Chapman
General Manager
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok
Dear yorkboy24,

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. However, after reviewing the room rates, we have not found that the Limited Time Offer rates are higher than the best pre-paid rates. It would much appreciate if you could share with us your period of stay that you are searching for so that we can further investigate.

With kind regards,
Richard Chapman
General Manager
I suppose it all depends on what rate the discount is applicable to but for me there has been no change in the prices. Last week I priced a stay between 3rd and 9th August. It came back with a best rate for a member fully paid in advance of B5,694 per night. When I do exactly the same search today I get exactly the same same rate quoted. I also looked at Le Meridien and on the same rate it has gone down
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Lobster
I suppose it all depends on what rate the discount is applicable to but for me there has been no change in the prices. Last week I priced a stay between 3rd and 9th August. It came back with a best rate for a member fully paid in advance of B5,694 per night. When I do exactly the same search today I get exactly the same same rate quoted. I also looked at Le Meridien and on the same rate it has gone down
Maybe because the sale ends for stays until July 31?

"Save up to 35% at participating Marriott International Hotels and Resorts in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. Book now and enjoy your next getaway!
To make you booking visit: https://bit.ly/2Um0IbT
Valid for bookings made: 18 - 24 March, 2019
Valid for stays from: 19 March - 31 July, 2019"

HOWEVER - Just for fun I checked one night May 31-June 1 - the "special" rate was 4500 and the member prepaid was 4275!!!! So i guess the sale isn't a sale????
Kalboz likes this.

Last edited by estnet; Mar 19, 2019 at 8:37 am
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:25 pm

I wonder if the sale had the effect of lowering the member prepaid rate? .. what were the rates before the sale kicked in?

4500 and 4275 are good rates these days for the SGS.

-David
drron and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
4500 and 4275 are good rates these days for the SGS.
Particularly 4,275. Excellent, IMO.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by estnet

"Save up to 35% at participating Marriott International Hotels and Resorts in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. Book now and enjoy your next getaway!
To make you booking visit: https://bit.ly/2Um0IbT
Valid for stays from: 19 March - 31 July, 2019"

HOWEVER - Just for fun I checked one night May 31-June 1 - the "special" rate was 4500 and the member prepaid was 4275!!!! So i guess the sale isn't a sale????
Thanks missed the end date
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by estnet

To make you booking visit:
https://bit.ly/2Um0IbT
Valid for stays from: 19 March - 31 July, 2019
"

How was this promotion notified? I did not get any such message either by e-mail or in my Marriott account and would never have been able to take advantage of it had I not accidentally seen it in this thread. How do I prevent missing such deals in future?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IMO the rates are good. Here's a chart I just got of the available rates for April. These are much less than the average rates normally available, maybe in the 15-25% range. In fact, I just made a rezzie using these rates.

EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Mar 19, 2019 at 11:06 pm
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
This offer is basically fake. The 'Limited Time Offer' rate under the ADP code comes up with rates that are even slightly more expensive than the best pre-paid rate. What's the point in claiming it's up to 35% off when it's actually more expensive (at least 225 baht when it's at its cheapest rate) than the other rates with the same non-refundable booking conditions!
Exact same experience last night booking my next stay at Le Meridien in Bangkok. The ADP pre-paid rate was 3750Baht average per night. Right next to it was the cheapest regular pre-paid rate at 3560Baht.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:39 am
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Dear Reviewer,

Allow me to explain that the Limited Time Offer promotion is valid for bookings made during March 18-24, 2019 and valid for stays from March 19-July 31, 2019. As a result, the promotion will not be applied to the stay in August.

For the stay on May 31 for one night, the Limited Time Offer rate which includes 25% discount from our regular rate (flexible rate) of THB 6,000++ is at THB 4,500++. In addition, the Marriott members enjoy additional up to 5% discount on weekends and up to 2% discount on weekdays, hence the Limited Time Offer rate for Marriott members is at THB 4,275++. On the other hand, the Marriott member advanced purchase rate for the night of May 31 including 15% discount is at THB 4,845++.

I hope that this explanation covers your enquiry. I will be more than pleased to personally handle your reservations, so please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

With kind regards,
Richard Chapman
General Manager
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:50 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
There are 20+ good hotels in BKK so that means each one only gets 5% of my business on average. If SGS had rates below 4.5k THB on a consistent basis they would get 20% of my business rather than only 5%. It's a great hotel but it's a competitive market...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'll note that the issues referenced with the Limited Time Offer rates are not exclusive to SGS. I was comparing prices at Vana Belle, and the prepaid member rate is considerably cheaper than the Limited Time Offer rate (at least for the dates I'm interested in).

This is not uncommon with promotional rates. Same with airfare, where the announced "sales" are rarely much of a deal at all.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4
There are 20+ good hotels in BKK so that means each one only gets 5% of my business on average. If SGS had rates below 4.5k THB on a consistent basis they would get 20% of my business rather than only 5%. It's a great hotel but it's a competitive market...
That, of course, is why you stay there only 5% of the time. The hotel is consistently over 90% occupied at the current rates, and I expect that management and the owners see no reason to lower them. Remember, rates are driven more by what the market will bear than by any type of subjective perceived inherent value. That's certainly how I set the rates in my business.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escape4
For me, the biggest draw of SGS is the staff who remember me and treat me like returning family. You'll miss out on that as an occasional guest. It's why I'll stay at SGS even though I think SR and Athenee have better pools, for example.
drron likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
... even though I think SR and Athenee have better pools, for example.
I like the vegetation and the feeling that you're not right in the center of the city (which you are, of course). But no problem, we can agree to disagree on the pool.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.