Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Moving on from bathrooms . . .

While I can confirm the Iberico is gone from Rossini's, it has been replaced by . . . prosciutto di Parma.

On the other hand, the buffet in Rossini's has been cut down - no Thai food, for example. This may be an occupancy issue, as the property does not seem very full.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
Moving on from bathrooms . . .

While I can confirm the Iberico is gone from Rossini's, it has been replaced by . . . prosciutto di Parma.

On the other hand, the buffet in Rossini's has been cut down - no Thai food, for example. This may be an occupancy issue, as the property does not seem very full.
Unbreathable air??, bonvoy??? leading to lower bookings? Just my speculation. Shame about no Thai food.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by estnet
Unbreathable air??, bonvoy??? leading to lower bookings? Just my speculation. Shame about no Thai food.
I think a lot of people will have decided to avoid the Thai general elections with all of the uncertainty associated with it
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think this may just be an in between time for BKK tourism.

Plus number of Chinese visitors appears down. Same thing happened with the Russians when their economy tanked.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Kacee
The Iberico ham is definitely gone and has been for a while.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:47 pm
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Dear Reviewers,
I have taken note of your comment about the bathroom where you felt the design was outdated. I understand your preference for a more modern style. Allow me to comment about the bathroom design, during the renovation we did replace the shower fittings, installed a hose spray, improved the lighting and changed the color scheme of the timber finish: However one main item which remained unchanged were the tiles. We decided not to replace these handmade tiles from Chiang Mai with the ubiquitous marble, found in so many hotels, in order to reflect the indigenous Thai feeling. I do understand that some people prefer a more contemporary feel.
With kind regards,
Richard Chapman
General Manager
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Dear Reviewers,
Regarding the Executive Breakfast in Rossinis, we do rotate our cooked dishes. So kindly request to our Rossinis service attendant if your preferred dish is not available on the menu on that day.
With regard to the Thai food items, we do have dishes on the a la carte items, the fluffy Thai omelet and the Thai fried rice.
With kind regards,
Richard Chapman
General Manager
dgreen12 and margarita girl like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:31 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Italian jazz masters at the Sheraton

Italian jazz masters at the Sheraton

The Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit has a treat for jazz fans with the Petrella & Mirra Duo from Italy performing in the Living Room on March 7 at 8 and 9pm.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:51 pm

�� Seven Days of Super Savings ��

Looking for a great deal on your upcoming visit to Bangkok?

Look no further, starting Monday, March 18 you can save up to 35% at participating Marriott International Hotels and Resorts in Thailand.

☑️Check back Monday to book these incredible savings!
dgreen12, Kalboz and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Ill bet Mr Chapman misses Starwood too.
It's been two years since my one and only stay at this hotel. Yet, I often think of Mr. Chapman. Probably my most memorable one week hotel stay of all time. One of a kind hotel manager and a true pleasure to watch him at work.
MikeFly, LIH Prem, drron and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
How do they treat Titanium's here regarding upgrades? Has anyone had a recent stay? If I choose to use my SNA's, there's a choice between the Grande or Luxury Suite. Any thoughts between the two?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by honghong322
How do they treat Titanium's here regarding upgrades?
If there's a Grand or Luxury Suite available they will give it to you. There's quite a bit of demand for paid suites here these days though so the upgrade is far from guaranteed.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok
�� Seven Days of Super Savings ��

Looking for a great deal on your upcoming visit to Bangkok?

Look no further, starting Monday, March 18 you can save up to 35% at participating Marriott International Hotels and Resorts in Thailand.

☑️Check back Monday to book these incredible savings!
This offer is basically fake. The 'Limited Time Offer' rate under the ADP code comes up with rates that are even slightly more expensive than the best pre-paid rate. What's the point in claiming it's up to 35% off when it's actually more expensive (at least 225 baht when it's at its cheapest rate) than the other rates with the same non-refundable booking conditions!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
This offer is basically fake. The 'Limited Time Offer' rate under the ADP code comes up with rates that are even slightly more expensive than the best pre-paid rate. What's the point in claiming it's up to 35% off when it's actually more expensive (at least 225 baht when it's at its cheapest rate) than the other rates with the same non-refundable booking conditions!
Jupp! Compared to yesterdays rates most Hotels in Bangkok are more expensive today!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
Jupp! Compared to yesterdays rates most Hotels in Bangkok are more expensive today!
Which has nothing to do with a fake "sale"- if the sale is announced one would think the price is BETTER than what is currently offered - apparently not so in this case

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.