Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok
Dear newshound,

First of all, thank you very much for your loyalty and continuous support for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit over the years. However, I have noted your comment about the check-in experience and understand that you were disappointed with the service provided by our Guest Service Agents who failed to recognize you as a returning and loyal patron of the hotel upon your arrival. In December we underwent a system change, as a result we lost some guest data, including details of our repeat guests. As a result we have to manually look up every guest to check for previous visits. Unfortunately, our agent failed to carry out this extra task and hence the failure to recognize you as returning guest. My sincere apologies. I am truly sorry for the feeling created which is way below our normal standard practised at the hotel reception. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our Front Office Manager to retrain all the Guest Service Agents to always deliver personalized service to our guest with a more attentive and caring manner. I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and very much look forward to welcome you back again soon.

With kind regards,
Richard Chapman
This is what frustrates me about Marriott's archaic IT systems... It seems many of my preferences and loyalty have disappeared in new system across the board.

Before with Starwood each property seemed to customize the experience more and remember specifics. I feel like I am one of a millions plats now, where previous loyalty and high spend just doesn't matter and where I am starting from scratch in "proving" loyalty.

I had literally just a handful of stays with Marriott pre-merger so I feel as if none of my Starwood preferences populate the new system. Only where I know GM or staff do my preferences seem to get recognized.

Last edited by yosithezet; Feb 28, 2019 at 10:02 pm Reason: markup
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Dear Kacee,

Please be advised that basil is now only open for dinner daily from 18.00 - 22.30 hrs and for Sunday Jazzy Brunch from 12.00 - 15.00 hrs. basil no longer open for lunch. We hope to welcome you back to basil soon.

With kind regards,
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
Does this mean there is no longer an Executive Breakfast option?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:19 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by sabdhabi
I don't think that Basil ever did an Executive Breakfast? It's at Rossini's.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Yep, correct. My memory must be going!!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by sscywong
Specifically I asked, among others, these two questions in the email sent to that email address that I'd really want to know before making the non-refundable purchase....
Oh, come on, now.

How should I make a reservation after I purchase a voucher in your online store?
From the hotel's response to you, above:
Should you ... like to make a reservation, please call +662 649 8366 ....
Same thing appears on the online store page for the cooking class:
For further information or reservations, please call 02 649 8366....

Are we expected to complete the entire cooking and eating the food we cooked during the 3 hour class time?
Have you ever seen a cooking class similar to this where the students didn't eat the food afterwards? But if you still weren't sure,
Should you require more information ... please call +662 649 8366 ....
Yes, they should have responded in a timely manner to your email; and the hotel apologized to you for that oversight. Mistakes happen. If I got no response to the email, I would have called.
GalaxyChris and Kacee like this.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Feb 4, 2019 at 7:33 am
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
​​​​​Basil has been offered as a breakfast option from time to time with, naturally enough, an emphasis on Thai food. Perhaps it depends on occupancy.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:07 pm
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Thanks for getting back, even though it's just another canned reply... The info you posted is exactly the same as what is listed in your online store....

Specifically I asked, among others, these two questions in the email sent to that email address that I'd really want to know before making the non-refundable purchase:
  1. How should I make a reservation after I purchase a voucher in your online store?
  2. Are we expected to complete the entire cooking and eating the food we cooked during the 3 hour class time?
Thanks
Dear sscywong,

We highly recommend you to make a reservation for your cooking class prior to purchasing your online voucher. Please kindly contact basil via email at either [email protected] or [email protected] or contact us via phone at +6626498366.

The cooked food can either be consumed during the 3 hour cooking class or can be consumed later should you wish to stay for dinner at basil after your cooking class.

With kind regards,
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:13 pm

Dear sabdhabi,

The executive breakfast is served at Rossini's. Available daily from 6.30 - 10.30 hours (Sunday - Friday) and 6.30 - 11.00 hours (Saturday).

With kind regards,
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:17 pm

Dear Reviewers,

Thank you for your continuing support to the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

I am concerned to learn that you were disappointed that our Guest Service Agents failed to recognize you as our returning guests. Allow me to explain that in December we underwent a reservation system change, whereby we lost some guest data, including details of our repeat guests. As a result we have to manually look up every guest to check for previous visits. Unfortunately, our agents failed to carry out this extra task for you and hence the failure to recognize you as returning guest. My sincere apologies. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our Front Office Manager and Reservation Manager to retrain all the Guest Service Agents and Reservation Agents to more carefully check our guest profile and stay history to avoid such incident and to provide a more personalized service. I apologize for your disappointment.

Regarding our room categories, yes, Grande room, Premier room and Luxury room have the same size, design and facilities. The differences are their benefits; Grande room is generally based on room only, Premier room comes with breakfast, Internet and butler service on high floor, Luxury room comes with more benefits as follows.

• Room rate includes buffet breakfast at Orchid Café, Executive breakfast at Rossini’s or The Sala.
• Complimentary High Speed Internet Access and wireless In-room / Public Areas (Bandwidth up to 60 Mbps).
• Complimentary standard drinks at Barsu from 04:00-08:00 PM daily, The Living Room and The Sala from 06:00-08:00 PM daily.
• Complimentary soft drinks, coffee, tea (non-alcoholic beverage) at the Library / Living Room.
• 2 pieces regular washing/pressing service per day.
• 24-hour butler service.
• Free local calls

With regards to our guestroom renovation, we have completed an extensive renovation of our guestrooms, where we have installed new TV’s, LED lighting, media hubs with Bluetooth connectivity as well as upgraded guest room internet, which meet the expectation of today’s travelers. Regarding the bathroom, during the renovation we did replace the shower fittings, installed a hose spray, improved the lighting and changed the color scheme of the timber finish: However one main item which remained unchanged were the tiles. We decided not to replace these handmade tiles from Chiang Mai with the ubiquitous marble, found in so many hotels, in order to reflect the indigenous Thai feeling. I do understand that some people prefer a more contemporary feel.

Breaking news:- by the end of March, we will have completed the installation of “Smart” TV’s in all rooms, including a state-of-the-art Guestroom Entertainment System, which will allow Netflix account holders to enjoy their favorite programs … the first in Bangkok.

I do hope that the above clarifies your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you to the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

With kind regards,
Richard Chapman
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I’ll bet Mr Chapman misses Starwood too.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I’ll bet Mr Chapman misses Starwood too.
Of course, we all do, but he is far too professional to say so !
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Kacee

The furnishings are definitely a bit outdated but still fine. The bathrooms in particular could use an updating. Note that several of the speciality suites have been completely renovated.
Above sorry this is a well discussed issue. The bathrooms are either loved or hated but they are in no need of updating, they have all been refreshed recently and I don't hear any complaints about
functionality, just some hate the "green". Personally I love that fact its a constant reminder that I am in my BKK home
LIH Prem, drron and EuropeanPete like this.

Last edited by yosithezet; Feb 28, 2019 at 10:04 pm Reason: Markup
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
The bathrooms are either loved or hated but they are in no need of updating, they have all been refreshed recently and I don't hear any complaints about
functionality, just some hate the "green". Personally I love that fact its a constant reminder that I am in my BKK home
Respect your opinion, but mine differs. The fixtures are old. The bathtub is a particularly weak feature compared to the properties with modernized bathrooms. The shower controls are also a bit problematic. (And no, I do not like the tiles, so that likely "colors" my overall opinion.)

They have updated the bathrooms in several of the specialty suites, and those are quite nice.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:20 pm

Respect your opinion, but mine differs. The fixtures are old. The bathtub is a particularly weak feature compared to the properties with modernized bathrooms. The shower controls are also a bit problematic. (And no, I do not like the tiles, so that likely "colors" my overall opinion.)

They have updated the bathrooms in several of the specialty suites, and those are quite nice.
I am pretty confident that ALL bathrooms were refreshed I the recent extensive renovation and ALL fittings renewed, certainly the shower controls that I agree did not used to be great, but now are fine. Not sure what is weak about the bath, my wife is Japanese and if there was a bath problem we would not have stayed here more than once, let alone 50-60 times ! Of course many things are simply a matter of opinion
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:36 pm

The all-new bathrooms at the specialty suites are definitely nicer and more modern, but they don’t have as much character as the standard room/ suite bathrooms with the iconic green tiles that are distinctly SGS. The bathrooms in the specialty suites can be anywhere. Just my two cents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.