Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:52 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Mine either.
Neither did mine,... I contacted the hotel twice to follow up but nothing happened. Stay is more than 3 weeks out now..
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:44 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Did you have any incidentals whose points did post?

Im aware of another SGS guest who had incidentals past but nothing else. This mirrors my experience at the WGS. Both stats were in late December.

i contacted my Ambassador and the points were posted in a few hours. My guess is this has to do with the cutover/integration to Marriott systems.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:07 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Mine was a paid stay with incidentals...
I contacted the hotel twice now and nothing is happening xD

Another missing stay at sheraton KL did post within 24 hours after I contacted their outstanding club manager Mr Raj.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I submitted the missing stay form on the Marriott website earlier today, and the points posted within a few hours. I must say I was not expecting such a quick turn.

It appears I was shorted on points, as always seems to be the case with this property.

Originally Posted by cln
Mine was a paid stay with incidentals...
Suggest submitting missing stay form through Marriott.

Good luck getting credit for incidentals at SGS.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Lobster
I noticed checking in this week that there was no print out of the number of stays on the slip if paper with your room number and check in check out dates. In fact the front desk agent did not seem to know I had stayed here before at all.

I hope this is just a temporary glitch and not gone forever due to the switch of computer systems. It is just a little thing but I liked seeing how many stays I had.
Indeed. I was even asked if it's my first time staying there!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by remymartin
Sounds like problems with implementation of the Marriott reservation system.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:53 am

I've had to submit every stay but 1 to the missing stay link on the website at check out date + 10 days.

As mentioned above, they take care of it quickly when you include a digital image of your bill with the request.

-David
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I've had to submit every stay but 1 to the missing stay link on the website at check out date + 10 days.

As mentioned above, they take care of it quickly when you include a digital image of your bill with the request.
Do you get credit for any of your restaurant spend? I accept they have the right to choose not to credit spa, but don't see any justification for not crediting spend at Sala or the Living Room. With the jazzy brunch or NYE dinner, it's not an inconsequential amount.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I now either get asked that or am given basic information like where the lounge is at hotels that I’ve been regularly staying at for the past 5-10 years. I hope that the new fancy Marriott cloud-based system hasn’t disabled all CRM at check-in going forward. Maybe they didn’t migrate any of the old stay data over.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Do you get credit for any of your restaurant spend? I accept they have the right to choose not to credit spa, but don't see any justification for not crediting spend at Sala or the Living Room. With the jazzy brunch or NYE dinner, it's not an inconsequential amount.
Everything appears to be eligible: laundry, room service, dining. Best I can tell anyway doing rough estimates.

BTW, I just checked back in, got the infamous room being discussed above .. no odor at all. And I'm very sensitive to odors and smoke .. if there were a hint of an odor, I'd smell it. And I'd have to move.

My friends that had the smoke odor problem were not in this room, they were in 2102. By now, I'm sure they've taken care of that one also.

-David
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jan 14, 2019 at 3:43 am
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I checked out Sunday, the points are already posted.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I checked out Sunday, the points are already posted.
Yes they may have no idea that I have stayed there before but at least my points did post quickly
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Yep no stay number for me either, and I also got 'introduced' to the property like it was my first stay...

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I'm told that after Jan 1, the first 2 hours, 4pm - 6pm will be in Bar Su.
I can confirm that this practice is now in place. 4-6pm BarSu only, 6-8pm all three outlets. It does seem to have given BarSu a little boost as it was quite busy when I was there around 5pm, including out on the terrace.

BarSu is also now opening at 11:30am each day and staying open straight through to the current midnight close. There is a new menu being introduced and the aim/hope is to catch some of the non-guest lunch time and afternoon crowd.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Yep no stay number for me either, and I also got 'introduced' to the property like it was my first stay...
You're just not there often enough! Easily remedied, my friend.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Lobster
I noticed checking in this week that there was no print out of the number of stays on the slip if paper with your room number and check in check out dates. In fact the front desk agent did not seem to know I had stayed here before at all.

I hope this is just a temporary glitch and not gone forever due to the switch of computer systems. It is just a little thing but I liked seeing how many stays I had.
I hope they didn’t lose the more important stay preferences, would be really bad CS if they had to rebuild their preference log from scratch again.

This means they (at least the Front Desk) don’t personally recognize most return guests and 100% rely on their CRM system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.