Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Lobster
I am here now and not even with SNAs could I get a Platinum upgrade to a suite, it really is becoming very difficult to get an upgrade here now.
Same here. And I saved all my remaining SNAs for that SGS stay (can't even remember the last time I did NOT have a suite here, while I always used SNAs since they began their renovation work).

Was told at check-in that they are indeed operating at high occupancy. Service is flawless though, as always. Couldn't be happier with the high level they're keeping over the years.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:54 am

Rossini's breakfast

Just a few observations re Rossini's Executive Breakfast. For me the biggest advantage is the nicer / calmer setting plus obviously the great cooked-to-order items from the menu (the steak being my favorite, precisely prepared medium-rare as requested). The free glass of Prosecco is a nice touch, too.

I can imagine the real benefit materializes when crowds are flocking to and lines are forming at Orchid Café. Since I usually appear very early at Orchid though, I never had a problem with crowds or inattentive waiters (on the contrary, I find the waiters at Orchid always excellent, cleaning the tables fast and bringing additional juice/coffee).

As for Rossini's, I didn't have the impression that e.g. the bread items (including banana bread, not sure if they keep changing the selection) or the coffee are of a different quality compared to Orchid Café. They do have a nice and a bit more varied cheese selection, plus freshly cut serrano ham. I's happy to find they also offer a dim sum selection similar to Orchid.

Rossini's staff is exceptionally friendly and caring.

Speaking of coffee, I found the espresso served during the day at the Library/The Living Room very good and of superior quality compared to the breakfast venues.

Overall another fantastic stay, even if "only" in the Premium room. All staff consistently performs on the highest level. Looking forward to be back soon.
Sembach likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:24 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Is Rossini an automatic breakfast option offered for Plats, or is it only the Orchid / Sala? Thanks.

Last edited by AJLondon; Nov 21, 2017 at 2:40 am
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Is Rossini an automatic breakfast option offered for Plats, or is it only the Orchid / Sala? Thanks.
Rossini's executive breakfast is offered to all Plats (but they can still choose to have breakfast at Orchid Cafe or La Sala if they wish)
AJLondon likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Originally Posted by Lobster
Rossini's executive breakfast is offered to all Plats (but they can still choose to have breakfast at Orchid Cafe or La Sala if they wish)
Rossini Executive Breakfast is available to everyone (even non-hotel guests); but PLT hotel guests can choose it as their PLT breakfast benefit. IIRC the price for non-PLT hotel guests and non-guests is 980++; but I'm not completely certain of this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I think the answer is "yes" to my question, but just wish to clarify. As a Plat (which as of now I am not), does one get the breakfast choices as previously mentioned above, cocktail hour, two pieces of laundry per day, butler service, tea / coffee / soft drinks throughout the day in the library and Living Room etc etc EVEN IF one were to book the Grande Room which is basically a room only rate?

Last edited by sabdhabi; Nov 24, 2017 at 3:59 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Platinum benefits are independent of room type - e.g. if you pay more to book a room with breakfast you are paying for something you would get (without fee) as a Platinum - that's why a lot of us work hard to get the status

Originally Posted by sabdhabi
I think the answer is "yes" to my question, but just wish to clarify. As a Plat (which as of now I am not), does one get the breakfast choices as previously mentioned above, cocktail hour, two pieces of laundry per stay, butler service, tea / coffee / soft drinks throughout the day in the library and Living Room etc etc EVEN IF one were to book the Grande Room which is basically a room only rate?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Does the two-pieces of laundry per-day mean two-pieces per room or two-pieces per-day for each person registered in the room?

I tried to search for the answer, but this thread is now rather lengthy and I couldn't readily locate the answer. Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Does the two-pieces of laundry per-day mean two-pieces per room or two-pieces per-day for each person registered in the room?
It always used to be for each person registered in the room (however, my most recent stay was without +1, so cannot give 100% confirmation if that's still the case).
By the way, the free items are only for "laundry" or "pressing", not for "dry cleaning" (I made that 'mistake' during my last stay).
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
The reason I ask is that last time I was there, the generic Platinum benefits card simply said two pieces of laundry. It did not say 2-pieces per-person, although my recollection is that it at least used to be 2-pieces per person. Really trying to find out if that has changed.

As you stated, did not include dry cleaning.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:27 pm

Correct, the benefits card just says "2 pieces per day", not mentioning per room or per person.
Only thing I remember is that at least in 2014 (my last +1 stay) we had 2 pieces per person.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
It was still 2 pieces per person in July this year.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I'm here now, on a two week Christmas/New Year's stay. A few things of note:

1. All of the locks on the rooms have been replaced. They still take key cards, but now use a proximity/RFID system instead of inserting the card into a slot in the lock. I understand that this is the first step towards limiting elevator access to guest floors.

2. The mattresses have been replaced with new. I don't know anything about the brand(s) involved, but the new beds actually do feel a bit as though you're sleeping on a cloud. I love them!

3. Well deserved kudos and my sincere gratitude to the Concierge team. They were able to secure a dinner reservation for my party of six at Gaggan with less than two weeks' notice. Paraphrasing a well-known saying generally ascribed to Charles Alexandre de Calonne (Controller General of Finances for King Louis XVI of France until his dismissal and exile in 1787), “The difficult they do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Jan 2, 2018 at 9:06 pm Reason: Correct embarrassing grammatical error.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Wow I tried to get a reservation at Gaggan (for 1) by their own system on a date that they said was available - it took them a week to reply that it wasn't available. Please post what you think of the meal
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Presently staying at the Athenee, I was working on a Feb. booking and The Athenee rate was higher than the SGS. A no brainer, I booked the 3 nights at the SGS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.