Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by drron
A great night in the Living room last night with the New Orleans Jazz All Stars playing.
Hey is that Dr. HFH playing base guitar in the second photo?
forumpersona999 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by schoflyer
Shhhh!! That would require a work permit!!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by schoflyer
HA! You're not the only one who wondered.

(excepting it's not a base [sic])
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:29 pm

How much is the breakfast buffet? ^
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:42 pm

there's base prices on this page, but keep in mind that it's ++ 7.7% VAT and 10% service charge and even basic SPG members get a discount. I think the basic discount is 20% for food?

http://www.orchidcafebangkok.com/en/operationhour

For the lunch and dinner buffets, there's usually some sort of special offer on their web site as well, including prepay options that include discounts.

-David
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
there's base prices on this page, but keep in mind that it's ++ 7.7% VAT and 10% service charge and even basic SPG members get a discount. I think the basic discount is 20% for food?

http://www.orchidcafebangkok.com/en/operationhour

For the lunch and dinner buffets, there's usually some sort of special offer on their web site as well, including prepay options that include discounts.

-David
Thank you for the information! Yes if i remember correctly the discount for SPG members is 20%.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
..keep in mind that it's ++ 7.7% VAT and 10% service charge....
Not wanting to be toooooo pedantic, but it's actually 7% and 10% where the second is put on top of the first resulting in a 17.7% addition to the stated price.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Hi all,
My first stay at this hotel is coming up this week (arrival Sunday for almost the whole week).

I'm SPG Plat and wondering if they actually upgrade Plats to suites or just to a different level of service in the same room? I'm booked in the lowest category but I read a couple of pages back that grande, deluxe and luxury rooms are actually all the same room, just with different perks.

Based on the wiki it sounds like Plats will get the highest level perks of the luxury room even if I'm still assigned to a grande room. But do I have a shot at a suite? If so, do these upgrades normally come before/during check-in or should I ask? I know it doesn't hurt to ask but I'm wondering whether to expect one in advance or not is all.

Since I'm staying for 5 or 6 nights I'd appreciate the upgrade if they give it to me. I'll be working nearby and then spending the evenings in the hotel doing some more work or gym/pool as well. I've been to BKK many times but never for business so I've just stayed with friends in the past.

Thanks for your help.

-RM
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
If they have a suite open I am sure a Plat will get it, but at high availability there might be a lot of Plats around. I think I'm something like 2 for 5.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Lots of Plats seem to stay here regularly. I would expect the hotel to give priority to repeat customers at the property. It's also generally much easier to get suite upgrades on shorter stays. So please set your expectations accordingly and you might be pleasantly surprised.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:35 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
They typically will also try to move you if a suite opens up.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
I had a great stay at the SGS recently, definitely my favorite SPG property in Bangkok, and one of the best properties for Platinum guests that I've stayed at. The GM is quite a nice guy as well! ^

Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
They typically will also try to move you if a suite opens up.
No upgrade for me at check-in. I arrived at the hotel around 7pm and from that morning when the website showed all suite types available for booking for the entire length of my stay until I checked in they all disappeared. The check-in agent said they would check again on Monday (today) for me.

Now the website as of lunch time still shows all suite types available for booking for the rest of my stay this week. I wonder if they will proactively move me or not and how they would notify me.

Oh, and I didn't get a "grand deluxe room" on 30-33 either per the wiki. I'm in the mid-20s. I'm sure the rooms are the same but I prefer higher up to stay away from any road noise. Luckily the windows are thick so I don't hear the noise at night.

Thanks,
RM
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I wonder if they will proactively move me or not and how they would notify me.
They'll call your room and leave a message if you're not there.

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Oh, and I didn't get a "grand deluxe room" on 30-33 either per the wiki. I'm in the mid-20s. I'm sure the rooms are the same but I prefer higher up to stay away from any road noise. Luckily the windows are thick so I don't hear the noise at night.
Did you request a room on a high floor? In any case, as you said, it appears that it is not a problem for you. With very few exceptions, the rooms are basically all the same size. The different room titles/descriptions/designations usually refer to the benefits level, i.e., butler service, breakfast, happy hour cocktails, etc., and whether they're included in your room/rate.

Too bad we can't meet up. I'm here now, but leaving in around 45 minutes.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
They'll call your room and leave a message if you're not there.

Did you request a room on a high floor? In any case, as you said, it appears that it is not a problem for you. With very few exceptions, the rooms are basically all the same size. The different room titles/descriptions/designations usually refer to the benefits level, i.e., butler service, breakfast, happy hour cocktails, etc., and whether they're included in your room/rate.

Too bad we can't meet up. I'm here now, but leaving in around 45 minutes.
Yes, my profile always lists high floor. And since I had no clue how many floors the hotel had (I didn't read the wiki closely enough I guess before I traveled here), when she told me I was in the mid-20s I thought that was good enough. Agree that all the rooms are the same except benefit level. The room I have is good enough. Just nice to get a sweet suite upgrade

Sure, it would have been great to meet. I'm at my office though which is one stop away from Asok. I won't be back until later this evening. Safe travels.

PS - checking now (almost 4pm BKK time) all suites except the Luxury Suites are booked. Grande, Presidential, etc. all showing booked now. So lots of upgrades still happening it seems. No idea if I'm one of the lucky ones

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.