Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there a room category that acts as a club level here? Do Premier and Luxury rooms get free drinks in the lobby? what about Plats?
grande deluxe rooms.

Ps. Here now if anyone else is around
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there a room category that acts as a club level here? Do Premier and Luxury rooms get free drinks in the lobby? what about Plats?
Premier rooms include butler service and breakfast.

Luxury rooms includes Premier room benefits plus the cocktail hour.

If you're platinum, those benefits are already included for you in any room you book, so just book a Grande room.

You are correct in that they are all the same rooms and those categories just add benefits.

-David
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by schoflyer
Clothes are "tagged" in some fashion. Like an small iron on label, or a label looped through a button hole, or a piece of thread. It's gotta be a non-exclusive wash and and dry.

Same with the sheets and towels

That being said, I think it is all done in house so if there was another sweaty shirt in your load, it's likely a Platinum's sweaty shirt.
Just saw this, so I'll add...

When I was in college, I was a solo lifeguard at a hotel near the US Capital. I actually reported to the head of laundry when arriving/departing. Granted this was back in the mid-eighties, but they would put guest laundry in a white mesh bag and throw the bag into a general load. Each guest load had it's own white bag. Because we were the closest hotel to the Capital, many guests stayed for four nights and went home for three, so they did a lot of guest laundry. I worked weekends, which is when the laundry was done, so I saw a lot of this. Who knows if they still do it that way, or if other hotels do it that way, but that's what they did.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Central90210
Not sure when they implemented the change, but you're now only limited to one breakfast food item off the menu at Rossini's, meaning that you can't order a grilled salmon with an eggs dish and finish off with a waffle.

I'll take this as a subtle nudge for us not to overeat in the morning
If you're feeling super hungry, I can confirm that it is 300 Baht ++ for each additional hot main dish. You can finish off with a waffle at no extra charge.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:32 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by sabdhabi
If you're feeling super hungry, I can confirm that it is 300 Baht ++ for each additional hot main dish. You can finish off with a waffle at no extra charge.
You have GOT to be joking!

Last edited by yosithezet; Jun 6, 2017 at 6:21 pm Reason: Edited for compliance with FT Rules
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
You have GOT to be joking!
Not really. I mean, I dont know many hotels that give you a menu option for your breakfast that is included as a part of rate or elite benefits much less letting you pick several main dishes as a part of an offering. The buffet option is available also...right?

Last edited by yosithezet; Jun 6, 2017 at 6:21 pm Reason: Edited for compliance with FT Rules
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:33 am

The SGS "rightly" overcharges based on the comparative advantage they have (soft product). The charge is thousands of THB per night. And, they are correct to do so. This hotel charges more because of promises, and delivery of, better service. They're good at it.

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Not really. I mean, I dont know many hotels that give you a menu option for your breakfast that is included as a part of rate or elite benefits much less letting you pick several main dishes as a part of an offering. The buffet option is available also...right?
Have you been to the (Siam) Kempinski? EVERY CUSTOMER at breakfast can order any number of items off of the menu. How about the Sofitel. I've stayed there and ordered eggs benedict, 3 times. It was that good.

I find it laughable!

And a little bit insulting.

And, if my company was putting up staff at those room prices, and wanted to then nickel and dime the employee...

Last edited by yosithezet; Jun 6, 2017 at 6:22 pm Reason: Edited for compliance with FT Rules
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:36 am

On second thought, the SGS is so good, I propose...

A new RESORT FEE, like the hotels in Hawaii all do.

Heck, platinums can afford it!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:04 pm

I was told MaRiot inspectors were recently over at SGS making life difficult for key personnel, telling them all the things they do wrong. It's beginning..
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by remymartin
I was told MaRiot inspectors were recently over at SGS making life difficult for key personnel, telling them all the things they do wrong. It's beginning..
I just wondering about this as recently as yesterday.

Prior to Marriott's takeover, most Starwood hotels, at least in Thailand, somehow had prior warnings of the Starwood inspectors surprise visits (depending on the type, some were officially announced, but some are supposed to be secret). Now, with Marriott inspectors, the "warning system" must be obsolete.

If the SGS had issues, it is definitely not the only one.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by UASPG

Prior to Marriott's takeover, most Starwood hotels, at least in Thailand, somehow had prior warnings of the Starwood inspectors surprise visits (depending on the type, some were officially announced, but some are supposed to be secret). Now, with Marriott inspectors, the "warning system" must be obsolete.

If the SGS had issues, I certainly didn't run into any (last weekend). The way I understood it, was they were strongarming management on how not to run things. To quote my source "MaRiot should write a book on how to kill a business". I guess what we've grown so attached at the SGS is a big no no by MaRiot.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
If the SGS had issues, I certainly didn't run into any (last weekend). The way I understood it, was they were strongarming management on how not to run things. To quote my source "MaRiot should write a book on how to kill a business". I guess what we've grown so attached at the SGS is a big no no by MaRiot.
I thought that you were talking about Standard inspectors.

The PA seems to also have those types of "discussion" with the Marriott management.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:23 pm

A tad more specificity would be much appreciated here.. Anyway, IIRC, Mr Chapman mentioned here a while back that the hotel's contract with Starwood ends on Dec 31, 2017, I wonder if the possibility of a re-branding has ever been brought up during their discussion with Marriott top management. I hope not.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
My initial thought was that "things they do wrong" must mean treat elites too well. Marriott should send their inspectors to SGS to take notes on how it's done.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UASPG

I've observed Marriott inspectors visit hotels in the USA. It's a big joke in that they know in advance. If you ever see a GM touching up the cleaning near elevators, paint touch ups in the hallways, steam cleaning of carpets, and front desk staff suddenly dressed up, you'll know it's inspection time. I even watched the same hotel, two years in a row at the same time of year, upgrade their breakfast buffet and bring out the real coffee cups (versus paper/styrofoam) only until the inspectors left the building, then remove the real coffee mugs before breakfast even ended that morning. The hypocracy was almost amusing, but it was mostly sad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.