Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Lobster
The xx12 suites are still in the upgrade pool.

You probably used to get them most of the time as most customers much preferred the xx02 suites (you are the first person I've heard prefer the xx12 suites). The main problem with them before was that they were very obviously just two connecting rooms with one room turned into a rather poorly laid out living area. Since the refurbishment they feel much more like a suite and the living area is much better laid out.
I much prefer having a seperate bathroom to the wife, so the arrangement works perfectly for me. The bedroom area is a bit smaller but the living room is a bit bigger if I recall correctly. If travelling alone I see the advantage of the xx02. If only the regular rooms had the same size bedroom as that in the xx02 suites they would be much nicer I think.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
SPG50

Does anyone know what is the current SPG50 rate for the SGS?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Does anyone know what is the current SPG50 rate for the SGS?
Found the answer.... http://www.awardpad.com/rate-lookup?...ate=2015-09-29
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Wow. That implies a rack rate of 11,000. Up 1,000 from the last time I looked.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:22 am
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Originally Posted by zzap
So far not so good at this property. Sent an email off at 10 a.m. yesterday to the concierge to request a booking at the Museum or Counterfeit Goods for tomorrow. No response. Sent another email at midday today to confirm whether the booking had been made. No response.

Arrive at the hotel and request to speak to the concierge contact who originally emailed me, they said that they tried to make the booking but were unable to because a booking requires 24-hours notice. Note that I emailed them YESTERDAY for a booking for TOMORROW - more than 48 hours in advance. Next available showing is on Monday -- which is after I leave town. The concierge totally blew it with their inability to respond to guests in a timely fashion, even after attempting to contact them twice. Really poor conduct.

In addition, no suite upgrade. Got a standard room but a nice view (3106). No instant awards redemption chart on arrival either, even though the welcome letter notes that I can use points for "just about any hotel service".

Complimentary laundry/pressing is in after 10 a.m. back by 6 pm. the following day - not good if you're on a one night stay.

What's with all the FlyerTalk praise for this property? So far it's just been constant disappointments for me. The St Regis last night was miles above & beyond this. Time to go down for Plat drinks - perhaps that'll relax me!
Dear zzap,

I apologize for the delayed response to your comment. I am concerned to learn that our concierge failed to answer to your email on September 1 requiring to visit the Museum of Counterfeit Goods on September 3 at 10.00 am. I do apologize for the oversight of our concierge team and I have instructed our Front Office Manager to emphasize to all members of the concierge team to pay more attention to details and do our best to respond to the guests’ requests on a timely basis. Once this failure was brought to the attention of management, arrangements were made with the museum for you to visit on your requested date and time and as an expression of apology provided you with a complimentary limousine to the museum. So I do hope that you enjoyed your visit.

With regard to the suite upgrade, my sincere apologies that we were unable to upgrade you to a suite during your recent visit. I empathize with you that as a valued SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) Platinum member, that you have been unable to secure an upgrade to a suite. But as you know an upgrade is subject to availability and during your stay 30% of suite inventory was closed off for maintenance and renovation work. Consequently, with limited number of suites, we first had to ensure that our guests paying a suite rate or applying their Suite Night Award certificates were prioritized. I am sure you understand the situation.

However, all the work will be completed very soon, the opportunity for an upgrade will be significantly improved. Moreover, you can always request the SPG Contact Center to use your Suite Night Awards, which guarantees you a suite.

For the SPG instant award redemption list, please feel free to contact our Front Desk for the redemption form.

Regarding the regular laundry / pressing services entitled for SPG Platinum guests, any clothes sent before 10.00 hrs. will be returned by 18.00 hrs. same day. Should the clothes be sent later than 10.00 hrs., they will be returned by 18.00 hrs. the following day. Of course should a guest require these to be returned early, we will always be flexible and do our best to accommodate the guest’s wishes.

We do hope that in spite of the incident, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future so that we are able to remedy the poor impression created on this occasion and we will certainly prioritize you for a suite as a token of our concern for your recent disappointment.

Sincerely yours,

Richard Chapman
General Manager
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:38 pm

Thanks for your response, Richard. Really means a lot! I might have to give SGS another shot next time I'm in town.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Thanks for your response, Richard. Really means a lot! I might have to give SGS another shot next time I'm in town.
Do give it another try for the following reasons :

1) I have always found the consierge team falls over themselves to help ! Especially Villa, but of course anyone can make a mistake, however look at the service recovery !! Oustanding
2) how many other Hotel GM's would take the time to post such a deatailed reply to a flyertalk post ? This just shows the dedication to their clients
3) No suit upgrade at check in can NEVER be a complaint unless they had many free and refused to upgrade you, its always based on avaialbility and better sometimes they do maintenance than sell rooms they should not !
4) SGS is simply the best all round BKK hotel,
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:47 am
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Dear zzap,

May I thank you for your kind understanding. I am delighted to learn that you will give us another shot. Please let me know when that will be and I look forward to meeting you personally.

With kind regards,

Richard Chapman
General Manager
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: free agent
My mate and I stayed at this property recently. My mate isn't a SPG elite, but immediately recognize that this property really stood out in BKK. This property delivered like usual, and can see myself staying at this property many times in future.

Stayed at xx12 suite, and it's my first suite stay at this property. I was very impressed and like room alot, but be fair, I'm a Platinum newbie and doesn't even have SNAs yet (earned my Plat via stay last year, a newbie mistake). I am more than eager to come back in future and enjoy great hospitality and all-around service at this property.

I am not sure about you guys, but i really like Plat happy hour since my friend and I'm in our late 20s, so it's perfect for us to get some drinks before going out.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Doe anyone know what time the breakfast (Orchid Cafe?) opens on weekdays? I'm wanting to time our tour start to ensure that we're able to eat before we head out for the day. Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by wizzy
Doe anyone know what time the breakfast (Orchid Cafe?) opens on weekdays? I'm wanting to time our tour start to ensure that we're able to eat before we head out for the day. Thanks!
Website states 5:30 for A la carte. No mention for the buffet though

http://www.orchidcafebangkok.com/en/breakfast
Old Sep 22, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai

I'm fairly certain the buffet is the same times
Old Sep 22, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I've had (buffet) breakfast at Orchid Café at 5:30am.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
confirm 5:30 AM ( and everything is available at that time)
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:58 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai

Originally Posted by Lobster
I'm fairly certain the buffet is the same times
Originally Posted by remymartin
I've had (buffet) breakfast at Orchid Café at 5:30am.
Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.