FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/932589-sheraton-grande-sukhumvit-bangkok-thailand-master-thread.html)

broadwayboy Sep 6, 2009 10:44 pm

What is their policy on a PLT member booking 2 rooms? Will they extend PLT benefits (breakfast, internet, lounge, pressing) to the 2nd room occupied by non PLT member?

In general, how do Bangkok Starwood hotels handle this?

(edited to add that Le Meridien Front Desk just confirmed that only ONE room will get the PLT benefits)

mcgahat Sep 6, 2009 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy (Post 12341195)
What is their policy on a PLT member booking 2 rooms? Will they extend PLT benefits (breakfast, internet, lounge, pressing) to the 2nd room occupied by non PLT member?

In general, how do Bangkok Starwood hotels handle this?

(edited to add that Le Meridien Front Desk just confirmed that only ONE room will get the PLT benefits)

I would think it is one room at each property. If it was me, I would count on one room getting plat benefits and use points to upgrade the other room to exec or in this case the grande deluxe level.

alanslegal Sep 6, 2009 11:44 pm

;)

Originally Posted by broadwayboy (Post 12341195)

PLT members may book as many rooms as they want/need ;) However the PLT benefits only apply to one room however YMMV.

In my last visit at the SGS I had reserved three rooms under my name. 48 hours prior to arrival all three standard rooms were upg to 1 x Grand Deluxe Suite & 2 x Grand Deluxe Room - of course I was literally jumping for joys because us six guys on vacation were going to go raid BarSu at 'happy hour' :D But at check-in, this was quickly altered and my room remained the Suite but the other 2 got reverted back to the original booking :(

Kalboz Sep 7, 2009 5:52 am

New Sales Manager

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Appoints New Sales Manager

http://www.thaipr.net/nc/readnews.as...29A4F0A2198633

jimmieg Sep 29, 2009 12:07 am

Great Sheraton Grande Stay

Actually two stays recently as I was in and out of BKK on business.

Thanks to board members for advice on booking my recent trip at the SGS- it was outstanding. Service! Service! Service! And not just efficient, but friendly. Best front desk anywhere! Every employee I encountered in a total of six nights from room attendant to GM to pool/spa/gym went out of their way to be friendly and engaging.

I had stayed here before, but also at the Westin Grande and JW Marriott- in the future there is no discussion. Easy Skytrain. And absolutely no problem with very early checkin (after nearly 18 hours in the air!) And I think FT board members will appreciate the fact that when I inquired about late check out as I had an evening flight home, it was absolutely no problem. In fact the desk suggested I was planning to head to the airport too early - why not stay a bit longer! How often do you hear that!

You won't go wrong here!

freofan Sep 30, 2009 5:05 am

Originally Posted by jimmieg (Post 12454068)
Actually two stays recently as I was in and out of BKK on business.

Thanks to board members for advice on booking my recent trip at the SGS- it was outstanding. Service! Service! Service! And not just efficient, but friendly. Best front desk anywhere! Every employee I encountered in a total of six nights from room attendant to GM to pool/spa/gym went out of their way to be friendly and engaging.

I had stayed here before, but also at the Westin Grande and JW Marriott- in the future there is no discussion. Easy Skytrain. And absolutely no problem with very early checkin (after nearly 18 hours in the air!) And I think FT board members will appreciate the fact that when I inquired about late check out as I had an evening flight home, it was absolutely no problem. In fact the desk suggested I was planning to head to the airport too early - why not stay a bit longer! How often do you hear that!

You won't go wrong here!

If you don't mind the silom/surawong area try the Le Meridien next time - I've stayed at both more than once and firmly prefer the Le Merdien (even though I agree SGS is excellent!).

drron Nov 16, 2009 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz (Post 11943108)
I agree with the above two. You get the 4000 rate with the Z6R promo which is the lowest I have ever seen for SGS. I don't know how you getting this rate with pay two stay three -- Z3R?

But if you are interested in receiving 30% discount on food only at the Orchid Cafe' lunch or dinner buffet, go here: http://upg.starwoodpromos.com/?u=T73S5FAF6D66Z4S

I am just finishing off 2 Z3R stays now at virtually that rate.Hotel really was jumping so no suite upgrade but a Grande deluxe room on 30th floor-good view to the Chao Praya.On the second night was offered a suite on 22 but we preferred the view on 30 and stayed put.
for our 4th to 6th nights they really begged us to change to a suite-as on 26 and virtually same view we accepted this time.
Again the service has been fantastic.We use the Living room for evening drinks as we enjoy the music.The staff and musicians now know us.Our preferred drinks are at our table within minutes,our requests for music have been repeated when we walk in.All in all just fantastic treatment.Booked for next year already.

drron Nov 17, 2009 1:50 am

A quick addition.The Finance Manager talked to us wanting input into room renovations scheduled for next year.
We were also approached by the woman in charge of staff training as we had been dobbed in by staff as being "nice"customers!It turned out she had advised on staff training at LM Angkor as well where we were also impressed with the staff.She didnt have her card but says everyone knows her as "A".Certainly an appropriate title.

olisch Nov 17, 2009 2:17 am

Originally Posted by drron (Post 12831975)
She didnt have her card but says everyone knows her as "A".Certainly an appropriate title.

Actually "Ae" is a common nickname for thai girls. The nickname is used instead of the origin first name

Kalboz Nov 17, 2009 2:51 am

Originally Posted by drron (Post 12825894)
... but a Grande deluxe room on 30th floor-good view to the Chao Praya. On the second night was offered a suite on 22 but we preferred the view on 30 and stayed put.

Oh WOW! :confused: You can actually see the river from Sukhumvit?

It sounds like you are having a great time ^

jkingsle Jan 3, 2010 8:32 pm

How are things at the SGS these days? I know that they were starting room renovations? Are they done? Are all of the floors open? Last time I was there they had a number of floors closed due to low occupancy, but now is high season, so I would suspect that things might have changed? Anything new at the hotel?
Thanks.

FatManInNYC Jan 3, 2010 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by jkingsle (Post 13105658)
How are things at the SGS these days? I know that they were starting room renovations? Are they done? Are all of the floors open? Last time I was there they had a number of floors closed due to low occupancy, but now is high season, so I would suspect that things might have changed? Anything new at the hotel?
Thanks.

I stayed two weeks over two stays in late Nov. and early Dec and did not notice any renovations, was given a grande suite (room ending in **02) each stay and generally had a great experience.

I've been meaning to type up a trip report as I had extended stays at three Starwood hotels during my month in BKK. Unless something has changed since Dec 15, you will likely have a great stay at any of the BKK properties, SGS included.

Safe travels!

drron Jan 4, 2010 3:41 am

Thanks.

See post 98 for my report re renovations-scheduled for later this year.

MAN Flyer Jan 4, 2010 3:43 am

Thanks.

All the floors are now open again. The occupancy levels were right up again towards the end of last year. When I was there a few weeks ago they were running over 90%.

The only new thing I noticed was the discount at Basil and Rossini's seems to have ended.

I Claudius Jan 4, 2010 3:55 am

Just back from a 5 night stay over the NY period. Got a regular room for the first night and then one of the suites (##12, not as good as ##02 but very handy all the same) for the next 4 nights. We were lucky as the hotel seemed very busy over the festive period. Queues for b'fast each day and I think the hotel was struggling a bit - possibly they'd cut too many staff? When I first enquired about the upgrade they mentioned that some levels were still closed off. Either way, it's the busiest I'd seen it in the past 10 stays.

Staff were very friendly and helpful as usual. Some confusion over which drinks you get free in the bar. The first night we ordered from the main menu (as I've normally done) and the next day the waitress said we had to use the smaller menu (with no prices - so I guess intended for guests on the 'deluxe' package). After querying this with her and she in turn asking a colleague, we got to order from the wider menu. I suspect in doing so I was getting better wine than I'd otherwise have had - no choice of wines listed on the freebie menu.

Tried the BBQ one night, which now seems to be a la carte rather than buffet. Presumably due to low visitor numbers? A la carte is a lot more expensive but nice all the same.

All in all another great stay.