Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:48 am

Programs: SEN
Originally Posted by Football Fan
If money doesn't matter too much, I would book the premium package at the Grand Hyatt Erawan and be out there again in 2 hours and move to the Rama Suite.

Yes, the premium package rate is higher than the package at the SGS. But for a Mercedes S class transfer followed by a 2hr nap at the hotel compared to a Camry (?) and potentially spending the entire day in the room it sounds like money well spent! Thank you!

I will ask my +1 but I'm almost certain which option she prefers ;-)
Football Fan and Kacee like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Are you enjoying your Executive breakfast at Rossini?
I wish .. there is no exec breakfast right now. I'm enjoying the breakfast at Orchid Cafe.

-David
Kalboz likes this.

Last edited by LIH Prem; Dec 6, 2021 at 4:02 am
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Wow. Just saw Kalboz's post. It truly is the end of an era. I only met Richard a couple of times, but he set the absolute standard for what a GM should exemplify. Truly a world class professional. Really wish him the best in a very well deserved retirement.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by superpointsLXflyer
Yes, the premium package rate is higher than the package at the SGS. But for a Mercedes S class transfer followed by a 2hr nap at the hotel compared to a Camry (?) and potentially spending the entire day in the room it sounds like money well spent! Thank you!

I will ask my +1 but I'm almost certain which option she prefers ;-)
Plus, you earn points at two chains in one night ;-).
Old Dec 6, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I noticed a few things during my recent stay, but the major change is not seeing Mr. Chapman do his rounds after all these years. Life goes on but frequent guests and the staff will miss him. I wish him a great retirement. Something is telling me that he will keep being busy.

No more daily fruit refurbishment in suites (the rooms might have had those as well).

No more large scrappy soap or sewing kit in bathroom.

Orchid Cafe: a very different experience than at Rossini’s, with staff too frequently cutting off guests.

Rossini: open for breakfast only on Friday and Saturday, but it is no longer an executive breakfast with a menu. The buffet offering is now pretty much the same as at the Orchid Café, but the service remains the same.

Sala: no more weekend breakfast.

No change at the Living Room for the Happy Hour; it was closed on Mondays & Tuesdays and available at the Orchid Café on those 2 days, but they switched back to everyday. Happy Hour at the Orchid Café must have been a little strange.

The 3 rings maximum policy to pick up the phone at the hotel call desk is no longer respected, far from it, probably due to a staff shortage.

Rates are very low, some floors are still closed and are slowly re-opening, so the hotel had to make some adjustments and …. some savings.

Concierge: as I went to their desk for an unrelated question, I was asked at what time I would leaving. This question was intended to offer me a car transfer to the airport (not the one offered by the hotel). It seemed that the Concierge had a personal interest (kickback?) in the airport car transfer that he was offering.

The hotel standard remains high in most fields and the Hotel Manager, Robert Wittebrood, is now doing the rounds.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UASPG
Concierge: as I went to their desk for an unrelated question, I was asked at what time I would leaving. This question was intended to offer me a car transfer to the airport (not the one offered by the hotel). It seemed that the Concierge had a personal interest (kickback?) in the airport car transfer that he was offering.
When we were there in May, there were no house cars, all transport was being outsourced. Suspect that's still the case, as I seriously doubt any concierge staff here would direct a guest away from the house service if it was on offer.

The service in Orchid Cafe was perfunctory and generally just not good during our visit; it didn't help that staff were mostly new and didn't recognize me.
forumpersona999 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Kacee
When we were there in May, there were no house cars, all transport was being outsourced. Suspect that's still the case, as I seriously doubt any concierge staff here would direct a guest away from the house service if it was on offer.
I did not ask for a transportation to the airport, when this Concierge offered it, but I can confirm that the hotel is still outsourcing car services.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:58 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
The service in Orchid Cafe was perfunctory and generally just not good during our visit; it didn't help that staff were mostly new and didn't recognize me.
- for mostly new staff (means the old ones were ?out of a job)
Old Dec 7, 2021, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by UASPG
No more daily fruit refurbishment in suites (the rooms might have had those as well).
Robert told me there's supposed to be a card letting you know it's by request, but they put in a daily request for fruit for our room.

No more large scrappy soap or sewing kit in bathroom.
Yanisa likes the loofa, so I asked one of the regular housekeepers doing turn down service for one and got it, I'm sure you can ask for the other items as well.

Concierge: as I went to their desk for an unrelated question, I was asked at what time I would leaving. This question was intended to offer me a car transfer to the airport (not the one offered by the hotel). It seemed that the Concierge had a personal interest (kickback?) in the airport car transfer that he was offering.he other
The captive car service bought all new cars at the beginning of the pandemic and then went bankrupt, They are sharing the car service with the Westin for now.

-David
UASPG and Kacee like this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 4:27 am

Old Dec 7, 2021, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Robert told me there's supposed to be a card letting you know it's by request, but they put in a daily request for fruit for our room.
No fruits (besides the ones on the first day) / No card.

At the present rates, I don't want to be too demanding. Just expect that all the usual amenities will not be there until they start making money again, but there is no guarantee of them coming back afterwards.

Let's not forget that AOT is still in business for the airport transfers.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:38 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I wish .. there is no exec breakfast right now. I'm enjoying the breakfast at Orchid Cafe.

-David

How is the upgrade? Butler service? Happy hour benefits? Venues … BarSue, etc.?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:32 am

Hours of Operations

In Room Dining

06:30 - 22:00hrs

(Last order at 21:30hrs)

The Orchid Café

All Day Menu 11:00 - 21:00hrs

(Last order at 20:00hrs)

Breakfast Buffet (Monday-Saturday) 06:30 – 11:00hrs
(Sunday) 06:30 – 10:30hrs

Lunch Buffet (Saturday–Sunday) 12:00 – 14:30hrs

Dinner Buffet (Friday – Saturday) 17:30 – 20:30hrs

Chef’s Table Dinner (Sunday – Thursday) 12:00 - 20:00hrs

Afternoon Tea 14:00 - 17:00hrs

Epicuren Moment 14:00 - 15:00hrs

The Sala

Open Daily 10:00 – 18:00hrs

(Last order at 17:00hrs)

Swimming Pool

Open Daily 08:00 – 18:00 hrs.

Rossini’s

Sunday Buffet breakfast 07:00 – 11:00hrs

Dinner Friday - Saturday 17:30 – 22:00hrs

The Living Room

Open Monday - Tuesday 11:00 – 17:00hrs.

Open Wednesday - Sunday 11:00 – 21:00hrs

Le Petit Chef

Lunch (Saturday – Sunday) 12:00 – 14.00hrs

Dinner (Friday – Saturday) 19:00 – 21:00hrs

Digital Delicious

Temporarily closed until further notice

BarSu

Temporarily closed until further notice

The Grande Spa and Fitness Club

Fitness open 06:00 – 21:00hrs
(Include stream room, sauna, and Jacuzzi available for 1 person in a time and for 30 mins.)

Spa open 11:00 – 21:00hrs

(Last order at 19:30hrs)

(Required to be fully vaccinated or ATK test result not older than 72hrs)
LIH Prem and Pitero like this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:19 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist

How is the upgrade? Butler service? Happy hour benefits? Venues … BarSue, etc.?
Let me answer my own question!

Upgrade: Depending on availability and length of stay - charm has nothing to do with it! Booked two rooms for 4 nights using seven (7) category-5 certs and cash rate of THB 2,600++ for one night which include a 600 baht credit. Got a XX01 and XX02 rooms which were enclosed by a privacy double door at the end of the floor to form a huge apartment.

Butler Service: still available

Breakfast at Orchid Café

Happy hour at the Living Room

As mentioned above, BarSu is closed!
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:52 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Let me answer my own question!

Breakfast As mentioned above, BarSu is closed!
Thanks for the update. Do you by chance happen to know the name of your room/suite? Family, luxury or grand. Thanks in advance eh.
Kalboz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.