Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by jaejaez
Any experiences with the Test & Go package yet?
TIA!
Pardon me for quoting my own post... but am quite keen to see if anyone's got any experience with the test & go package at the SGS so far?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by jaejaez
Pardon me for quoting my own post... but am quite keen to see if anyone's got any experience with the test & go package at the SGS so far?
This should take you to chocobear's post about it in the November reopening thread in the Thailand forum ...

Thailand opening up in November [merged thread]

-David
jaejaez likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:19 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Mr. Watson no longer at this property!

Dear All,

Thank you for contacting me via email. After 21 great years with the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, I have retired and happy to inform you that Robert Wittebrood, our Hotel Manager has been appointed as the acting General Manager and can be reached at [email protected]

For reservations, please contact [email protected] or Tel.: +66 2 6498888.

For further inquiries or assistance, please contact [email protected] or Tel.: +66 2 6498888.

With kind regards,

Richard

RICHARD CHAPMAN
GENERAL MANAGER
T 662 649 8100 — F 662 649 8000
THELUXURYCOLLECTION.COM/BANGKOK
SHERATONGRANDESUKHUMVIT.COM
estnet likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Sad to see Mr. Chapman retire, I admired the way he ran the hotel. But Mr. Wittebrood has been there for a long time and I'm sure he will continue to run the hotel very well.
estnet, dgreen12, X-ON and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Starwood, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hilton Honors, AAdvantage
Nice review of an outstanding GM who has now said "when" if you haven't seen it...
https://www.thebigchilli.com/feature...ng-when3165693
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
A nice, well written article. Something hard to find nowadays. If you missed staying at this hotel while Mr. Chapman was GM, it is comparable to having missed flying on Concorde while it was available.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
I recently got luxury suite xx12 in the middle of the building. (there is a clear sign beside the door said it was luxury suite.)

it's like 2 standard rooms put together and nothing special, just more space and another extra full bathroom.

I strongly recommend anyone to request other layout of luxury suite.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Dec 1, 2021 at 11:51 am
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:50 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Just checked out of a 6 night stay. The hotel feels like it is getting back on its legs again but still a way to go. It was great to see many of the long term staff still present and as a frequent guest they still remembered my name and seemed genuinely happy to see regulars coming back again.

For breakfast they are using the regular restaurant on lobby floor + Rossini although Rossini is using the regular buffet menu and is not being used as a separate dining experience as before Covid. The restaurants were swamped at breakfast time which is a good sign that occupancy is up.

Apparently the hotel is still not fully opened with entire floors still closed. I could hear some building works going on so I assume they are taking the opportunity to do some renovations. This was just a one off and certainly wasn't an intrusive noise.

When I checked in I was told the hotel was sold out and no suites available and I was assigned a high floor on the street facing side of the building. This was as I expected when I checked availability before my stay and I actually enjoy the street view so this lack of upgrade really wasn't an issue.

I was told that the hotel wouldn't be offering test and go. I guess if they are at relatively high occupancy already they don't need the added complication of providing this service. I actually did my one night quarantine at the hotel above Terminal 21 which was quite underwhelming for the price although impressively efficient in the testing process.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:55 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Truly the end of an era. Richard ran an amazingly tight ship and it's a shame that the last couple of years were so challenging. I love my time at the SGS and really hope that the next GM is able to maintain at least some of the excellent customer service ethos.
Football Fan, drron and UA-NYC like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 7:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Truly the end of an era. Richard ran an amazingly tight ship and it's a shame that the last couple of years were so challenging. I love my time at the SGS and really hope that the next GM is able to maintain at least some of the excellent customer service ethos.
100%. He's received a lot of love on FT for a long time for good reason. The only GM I knew of by name long before I ever stayed at a hotel. Only stayed there 3 or so times, but was amazed that he was everywhere all day and night. Clearing tables at breakfast at Rossini's, making the rounds at cocktail hour, etc. Had the pleasure of chatting with him one evening and told him what a legend he was. Was really hoping to make a return trip before he retired, but alas... COVID-19 messed things up. Hope they maintain their high standards and really want to get back sooner than later.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by newshound
I was told that the hotel wouldn't be offering test and go.
When did you check with them?

I checked in last night on test and go stay. tested around 12:45AM at SamitiveJ Hospital drive through testing near Thong Lor. Concierge (Veera) called me with the negative test results at 9AM. Plenty of time to cancel the room service breakfast we ordered when we checked in last night and enjoy the breakfast at Orchid Cafe.

-David
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: SEN
I managed to book a Rama suite under the „Sweeten your stay“ rate for a few nights in January. From what I read here it will not be possible to spend the „quarantine“ in a Thai specialty suite. Oouch.

Our flight from Europe is scheduled to land around 6am. Unless there is a major delay we should arrive at the hotel hours before check-in time.

Now I'm not sure how to play this. One option would be to book the "Test & Go“ package for the previous night and hope for a quick processing of our test results?

Happy for any suggestions.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:57 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
When did you check with them?

I checked in last night on test and go stay. tested around 12:45AM at SamitiveJ Hospital drive through testing near Thong Lor. Concierge (Veera) called me with the negative test results at 9AM. Plenty of time to cancel the room service breakfast we ordered when we checked in last night and enjoy the breakfast at Orchid Cafe.

-David
Are you enjoying your Executive breakfast at Rossini?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by superpointsLXflyer
I managed to book a Rama suite under the „Sweeten your stay“ rate for a few nights in January. From what I read here it will not be possible to spend the „quarantine“ in a Thai specialty suite. Oouch.

Our flight from Europe is scheduled to land around 6am. Unless there is a major delay we should arrive at the hotel hours before check-in time.

Now I'm not sure how to play this. One option would be to book the "Test & Go“ package for the previous night and hope for a quick processing of our test results?

Happy for any suggestions.
If money doesn't matter too much, I would book the premium package at the Grand Hyatt Erawan and be out there again in 2 hours and move to the Rama Suite.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by superpointsLXflyer
I would book flexibly, because who knows what the rules will be in February. Booking a base room separately for the night before your 6 am arrival is not a bad option.
Originally Posted by Football Fan
If money doesn't matter too much, I would book the premium package at the Grand Hyatt Erawan and be out there again in 2 hours and move to the Rama Suite.
Or this.
superpointsLXflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.