Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2021, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
Which is exactly what I was saying.
Sorry, we must have missed that.

-David
Kacee likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Sorry, we must have missed that.
Apparently written in invisible ink
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:55 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
No invisible ink needed. Question was about what they offer now, not what they offered in the before times.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yosithezet
No invisible ink needed. Question was about what they offer now, not what they offered in the before times.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reports are the executive breakfast is currently offered in Orchid Cafe.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 12:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reports are the executive breakfast is currently offered in Orchid Cafe.
Yes, simply, they NOW offer a happy hour and they offer breakfast in the Orchid café, which answers the question with a clarification that the executive lounge is not closed since it does not and never has, exisited.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I generally ignore breakfast, but I am reasonably confident that I was told it's returned to Rossini's. It's vaguely possible I misheard though.
Kacee likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I generally ignore breakfast, but I am reasonably confident that I was told it's returned to Rossini's. It's vaguely possible I misheard though.
What a waste!
Old May 13, 2021, 10:47 am

Here now, and I could not be more impressed with how Mr. Chapman and his staff are handling the significant challenges presented by Bangkok's current virtual lockdown (which bans, among other things, all on premises dining).

Elite breakfast? You won't hear "sorry the restaurant is closed" or "here's your grab and go." Instead, they are offering a multiple course in-room dining option that will challenge the heartiest appetite. Here's the menu:

Our rate includes a 5000 THB per day property credit, so we've been eating all our meals through room service. While pared down, the menu is still commendably varied and the quality absolutely top notch. Moreover, it's all served on china with flatware and linen napkins. Definitely beats eating Grab take-out out of a soggy container with a plastic fork!

What's most impressive to me is how well the staff is adapting and their positive "can do" attitude. We're in a room that does not have separate living and sleeping rooms, which is a problem since I have work calls very late at night and early in the morning. Asked front desk if I could use a conference room for a 5:30 a.m. call, and they wound up offering me a separate guest room to use as an office for the length of stay and would not let me pay for it. Now granted, I'm a repeat guest with a history of good spend here, but it's service like this which builds absolute, devotional loyalty.

We'll be back in Bangkok after 10 days in Lanta, and will absolutely be back at SGS!
hedoman, LIH Prem, estnet and 17 others like this.
Old May 13, 2021, 8:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Here now, and I could not be more impressed with how Mr. Chapman and his staff are handling the significant challenges presented by Bangkok's current virtual lockdown (which bans, among other things, all on premises dining).
SNIP
Now granted, I'm a repeat guest with a history of good spend here, but it's service like this which builds absolute, devotional loyalty.
This is a critical point and one that is often missed by vanilla Platinums/Titaniums visiting a property for the first time with no repeat history or intention to return yet who expect an experience way beyond what Bonvoy offers in its T&Cs.

Off topic, but I could tell you of the great above-and-beyond experiences I've had with friends and my parents staying at the same time as me at Le Meridien Bangkok in pre-plague years but in fairness I'd have to calculate my total spend there over the last nine years to justify it which I absolutely don't want to do.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Yet another example of why this property scores so highly with so many. I've only been 3 or 4 times, mostly short stays, but felt as though I was their most important guest every time. Chapman is a gem and I was really hoping to get back there this year...we had plans for next month, but COVID has us doing something else. Hopefully soon...
estnet, Fims, EuropeanPete and 2 others like this.
Old May 14, 2021, 5:25 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
What's most impressive to me is how well the staff is adapting and their positive "can do" attitude. We're in a room that does not have separate living and sleeping rooms, which is a problem since I have work calls very late at night and early in the morning. Asked front desk if I could use a conference room for a 5:30 a.m. call, and they wound up offering me a separate guest room to use as an office for the length of stay and would not let me pay for it. Now granted, I'm a repeat guest with a history of good spend here, but it's service like this which builds absolute, devotional loyalty.
There are hotels who do things by the book, with a focus on rules, terms & conditions. And then there are hotels who focus instead of the customer - a guest has a problem? Then what are possible creative solutions to the problem which will make the customer happy at a modest cost to the hotel? Like providing a second room We had a very similar experience at Akyra Thonglor (SLH) where we had a 2-bdr suite to begin with, but the hotel provided the adjoining room next door for 9 nights out of our 13 night stay, no extra charge

It makes the rules-based hotels look stingy and inflexible to be honest, and others can shine. Especially in covid times when occupancy is low...
estnet, Fims, unclepants and 1 others like this.
Old May 14, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
There's a reason RC and the hotel have such a loyal following. I too, had reservations made for a few weeks from now that will have to be cancelled due to covid and how the country has chosen to deal with it - if I was in country - I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Football Fan and EuropeanPete like this.
Old May 31, 2021, 5:13 am

With indoor dining now open to 25% in Bangkok, Orchid Cafe has reopened for breakfast. It's a limited buffet set-up, options were pretty good, though obviously not nearly so extensive as pre-pandemic. No special section or menu for those who would otherwise be entitled to the Executive breakfast.

Business seems to be picking up, especially over weekends, and there's even some traffic on Sukhumvit now. As someone noted above, staffing is considerably reduced, some of the staff are new, and we did encounter a number of service lapses this last stay.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Loyalty Lobby has a video of the Rajah Suite here.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/08/07/...hotel-bangkok/
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:16 pm

Just learned that the SGS is a SHA certified hotel. With the quarantine requirement being lifted from Nov 1st, and with the SGS becoming a SHA hotel (for the 1st night before the PCR results are back), this makes it a lot easier for me to decide to travel to Bangkok again at the end of the year!

Last edited by jaejaez; Oct 30, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.