Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by PSPandBA
Here for my third stay. No upgrades due to Chinese New Year crowds. Nice room on 31st floor with great view. This was the first time we tried Rossini’s for breakfast. Even though the main restaurant was busy, the selection was so good that we didn’t try Rossini’s until this stay. What a wonderful find. It’s like the SGS Pool, an island of tranquility in the middle of Bangkok. Service outstanding, especially each night in The Library. This hotel doesn’t need a lounge. Happy Hour drinks in multiple venues and select hors d’ œuvres. What more do you need? Richard Chapman is continually around and making sure everyone is happy. This is the reason people return again and again.
Spot on. I checked in St. Regis today from two-night SGS stay where I got luxury suit upgrade. I just cancelled four-night two stays from tomorrow at two other Bonvoy hotels and rebooked SGS instead. BTW you can always order the Thai crab omelet regardless of Rossini’s breakfast menu, the loyalty manager told me so during my stay last month. Better yet I just found out yesterday morning at Rossini you can also order the crab fried rice which is not on any breakfast menu, I did order today and it’s delicious. You can see they are really willing to go the extra mile to win elite loyalty!
LIH Prem and Kacee like this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:38 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I’ll be at the SGS the next three nights after a gap of 7-8 years. Likely early at happy hour If anyone is around.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I’ll be at the SGS the next three nights after a gap of 7-8 years. Likely early at happy hour If anyone is around.
I'm here now. PM me when you get in. And Rxgeek is in town as well - maybe we can have a replay of last year's post-DO dinner.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:12 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I'm here now. PM me when you get in. And Rxgeek is in town as well - maybe we can have a replay of last year's post-DO dinner.
Sadly that place is closed
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC - 75K Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy - Titanium Elite
Just wondering when the CNY crowds thin out. I’ll be in SGS early next week. Might try to use my SNA.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Does the SGS still offer its own list of instant rewards / instant redemption of points?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Does the SGS still offer its own list of instant rewards / instant redemption of points?
No sure. It wasn’t offered to me.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:05 am
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Dear LoungeLizzard,

I understand that during the transfer from SPG to BonVoy, this was temporarily discontinued. However, at SGS we will be re-introducing very soon.

With kind regards,
Richard Chapman
General Manager
cur, Fizzer, EuropeanPete and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:46 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
That's going to be hard to resist:

Cheese Trio

Every night at The Living Room, you can enjoy world class live jazz, fine wines and our new cheese platters from Les Frères Marchand.
  • The Nancy: THB 680++
  • Duke of Lorraine: THB 720++
  • The Grande Plate: THB 850++
I think that this vendor (Les Frères Marchand) is the same that supplies The Athenee for their Sunday brunch and the lounge at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit. Those cheeses are the real thing.

LIH Prem, drron, Pitero and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Is anyone staying here currently or has stayed recently and can give an update on what measures the hotel is taking to guard against the coronavirus? I’m trying to decide if I should cancel a trip planned in two weeks in Bangkok staying at the hotel.

Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by Melodsal
Is anyone staying here currently or has stayed recently and can give an update on what measures the hotel is taking to guard against the coronavirus? I’m trying to decide if I should cancel a trip planned in two weeks in Bangkok staying at the hotel.

Thanks!
Not sure what you're expecting them to do, but you might reach out to the hotel directly so you can decide if what they're doing is satisfactory to you.
estnet and mcgahat like this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:10 am

It looks like Marriott Bonvoy Plats and above have three choices of venues for happy hour at this property: BarSu, Sala, and the Living Room.
If one's staying here just for one night, is it possible to sample the happy hour offerings at multiple venues, or do you only get to choose one of them?
Also, which of the three would you recommend for a first timer at the SGS?
Thanks-!
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by Melodsal

Thanks!
i just sneezed while in the lobby. Hope you will survive.
forumpersona999 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by agjil
It looks like Marriott Bonvoy Plats and above have three choices of venues for happy hour at this property: BarSu, Sala, and the Living Room.
If one's staying here just for one night, is it possible to sample the happy hour offerings at multiple venues, or do you only get to choose one of them?
Thanks-!
yes you can visit all three - just take a look at each and decide which (or all) suit your taste. Snacks (popcorn + at bar su, very small apps at others) but the drink choices are mostly the same at all three. Enjoy!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 4:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by agjil
Thanks-!
They’re all great, but I’d always start for one at Sala because it’s quite unusual for a city bar. Afterwards it depends if you want more quality or fun...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.