Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
to confirm the buy 3 get 4 rate is not loaded properly on Marriott web site.
but on emailing the hotel it was corrected to 4200++ per night for 4 nights.

staying here currently and rate already adjusted
drron likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
stanontour that was my problem.Online the stay 4 pay 3 was quoted at 6000+++ average per night and clicking on 4 nights it was 24000+++.Prepaid ~ 4870 and flexible ~ 5740.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
To the Journey Thailand - Richard Chapman, General Manager at the SGS

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1979699118915918
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This link is not working for me.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MikeFly
Works fine here.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by MikeFly
Try to Google: Marriott Jobs and Careers To the Journey Thailand - Richard Chapman, General Manager at ...

อย่าพลาดกับการบอกเล่าการเดินทางและประสบการณ์ที่โชก โชนในหลากหลายตำแหน่งและประเทศของคุณ ริชาร์ท แชพแมน ผู้จัดการทั่วไปของโรงแรม Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok และเหตุผลที่ทำให้เขารู้สึกตื่นเต้นกับการเดินทางไปก ับแมริออท บอกได้ว่าฟังแล้วน่าทึ่งมากๆครับ

Do not miss to listen to the exceptional journey and experiences by Richard Chapman, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok! Also, get to know his reasons to feel excited for making the journey at Marriott. This is really amazing. Check this out!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:01 pm

Works for me as well.And he certainly spoke the truth.The staff at the SGS are great and the number one reason why we have stayed there so often.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by drron
Works for me as well.And he certainly spoke the truth.The staff at the SGS are great and the number one reason why we have stayed there so often.
Indeed, what he says, anyone can say and many do, the difference is that he walks the walk. SGS is well known as the premier hotel training school in Thailand, You see Richard leading from the from and by example, how many GM's
do you see clearing tables at breakfast when its busy.

He is the reason its such a great place to stay, it all flows down hill.

We are just scared that one day he will retire, then where do we stay in BKK !!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Have just checked out.Did not get the number of stays on arrival.
And I guess it had to happen but first service snafu after 25+ stays.Early to Rossinis for breakfast.Only 3 others there at 0640.gave our order fairly soon after our arrival.Couple at next table delivered their cooked items then cook walks out.At 0710 still no cooked breakfast so we left.The cook had just returned.
Now they really tried to recover.back in our room and a room service breakfast arrived.But we had just rung the concierge to have our bags collected.Then whilst checking out the server appeared by my side with a boxed breakfast.Sorry but the thought of eating in the car just didn't appeal to us-I hope it wasn't our cooked items.

Was going to stay again in September but no senior rate available.The stay 4 pay for 3 rate is now dearer than the Members flexible rate.Combined with the Aussie dollar dropping like a stone the ROS with a seniors rate is less than half the SGS rate.So we will miss the Living Room staff and the piano player in the evenings but we will be going back to the river.
Sorry to hear about the SNAFU, should not happen but seems as usual they went out of their way to try to make a recovery !

I would gladly pay at least double for SGS over ROS any day ! ROS is "tolerable" for a night or two to enjoy that part of town but its time the old girl was pulled down, re built and that should start with the staff !
estnet and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:29 pm

So in September when the rate for ROS is slightly less than 40% of the SGS rate would you be tempted?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
So in September when the rate for ROS is slightly less than 40% of the SGS rate would you be tempted?
For me, at least, the calculus is a little more complicated. If SGS is 5,000 and ROS is 2,000, I'd opt for Aloft at 2,500-2,800 over ROS without question.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
stanontour that was my problem.Online the stay 4 pay 3 was quoted at 6000+++ average per night and clicking on 4 nights it was 24000+++.Prepaid ~ 4870 and flexible ~ 5740.
Wasn't there also a pay 4 stay 6 or am I incorrect on this?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:56 pm

Only looked at 3 or 4 night stays so that rate didn't show.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by IrishStephen
Wasn't there also a pay 4 stay 6 or am I incorrect on this?
Yes, under the old Starwood system; but it doesn't exist in Marriott. IIRC the rate code for what you describe was Z6R.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Yes, under the old Starwood system; but it doesn't exist in Marriott. IIRC the rate code for what you describe was Z6R.
Ah thanks. I think there is a new rate via the https://www.traveloffers.me/en/marriott/mastercard which is called strangely or uses a rate called (BOG) - seriously ! Its buy 4 get 6 with Mastercard.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.