Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Rossini's will reopen May 15th. Meanwhile, the hotel is offering a 30% discount off food at Orchid Cafe, Basil, Rossini's, Sunday Brunch, the Living Room, and all spa treatments. Plus BarSu offers a "buy one get one" offer on Latin cocktails and house pourings.
Old May 15, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Condition One
Rossini's will reopen May 15th. Meanwhile, the hotel is offering a 30% discount off food at Orchid Cafe, Basil, Rossini's, Sunday Brunch, the Living Room, and all spa treatments. Plus BarSu offers a "buy one get one" offer on Latin cocktails and house pourings.
Maybe I shouldn't post in this thread, but Plaza Athenee is also offering
30% off restaurant offerings - a girl came around at breakfast time
offering the 30% off coupons.
Old May 21, 2014, 12:38 am
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Bangkok. Limited Time Offer. Book by May 24, 2014. Escape until July 2, 2014.

• 30% savings off your rate
• SPG members save an additional 5% and earn Starpoints®.
• Rates from Baht 4,480 ++

Valid for stays from May 21 until July 2, 2014. Hurry up, this deal won't last!
Reserve online now

Last edited by Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok; May 21, 2014 at 8:07 pm
Old May 22, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...announced.html

Looks quite bad. Anyone staying here now?
I hope the situation is resolved soon. In the meantime, it is going to be mighty boring if everything is closed in BKK from 10pm.

I assume no cable tv is available in hotels.
Old May 22, 2014, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ws8n
Looks quite bad. Anyone staying here now?
I'll be at SGS for a few nights starting tonight (Friday). Happy to update here if anyone's interested.
Old May 22, 2014, 11:09 pm

We left the sgs on Tuesday and stayed in chiang mai through Thursday. Currently at the vana belle in samui. We haven't felt anything but safe on the entire trip. We haven't seen any of the affects of the coup aside from no thai tv channels. The only channel that isn't airing the government details is a satellite channel from Australia.

We didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in bangkok or chiang mai, but I would hazard a guess that bangkok is a little different now as compared to Tuesday.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I can't comment about the SGS specifically but I am a resident in the same general area.

Right now things are safe and during the day time you wouldn't really know much was going on as a tourist.

The most significant impact of the coup to holiday makers will be the curfew which means you can't go out at night but also that public transport is running at capacity during peak times as workers rush to get home. Last night was very uncomfortable.

Other than that you will be lacking in choice of TV stations as everything has been switched to a public service feed although we're hoping that will be resumed quickly. If you're looking to watch sporting events during the day time you will need to seek a bar that takes its feed from Malaysia or elsewhere.

Other than that it is pretty much business as usual... for now.
Old May 24, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
I was initially planning on spending a few days in BKK before heading to SIN, but I may just transit in BKK. I just hope the situation won't escalate to something like the BKK airport closure a few years back.

I guess all the TV chanels are blocked?
What about internet and facebook?
Are new chanels online blocked?
Old May 24, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Wrong thread. I would suggest you read up on www.bangkokpost.com or http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/
Old May 24, 2014, 3:54 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I was initially planning on spending a few days in BKK before heading to SIN, but I may just transit in BKK. I just hope the situation won't escalate to something like the BKK airport closure a few years back.

Great questions best discussed in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...l#post22918070
Old May 24, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH

To keep your question relevant to this thread. I'm in the SGS at the moment and all TV stations except for a couple of news channels (BBC World and Bloomberg)are working normally.

Generally the hotel seems to be operating as normal except that Bar Su is closed again.
Old May 24, 2014, 8:16 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok
Hurry up, this deal won't last!
At this rate, it might be extended!
Originally Posted by Lobster
I'm in the SGS at the moment and all TV stations except for a couple of news channels (BBC World and Bloomberg)are working normally.
With so many people in town, we could organize an FT Coup DO
Old May 24, 2014, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here at SGS now. TV seems back to normal. Interestingly, last night I had access to certain stations (e.g., CNN) which my friend who's staying across the street at WGS told me (by text msg) were still blocked at that precise time.

Rossini is open; two friends and I had food from Rossini delivered and served to us in The Living Room. I thought that both the food and the service were excellent. BarSu is closed again due to the coup. The BarSu staff is working in The Living Room, although not all of them every night. The Living Room has maintained its IME excellent service standards, which are enhanced by the very experienced BarSu staff. My only complaint is that Randy Cannon is back on the 9:00 show; and I'm rarely there that late. I admit that it's probably good to move them around, though. I don't think that the guy playing the early show is as good as Randy.

Judging from The Orchid Café at breakfast, the hotel looks to be around half full or maybe slightly less. Actually, that's better than I thought that it would be. Apart from the floors which are closed for renovations, I don't know if they've closed any additional guest room floors. I did not receive a PLT suite upgrade, but I only decided to come and reserved the room a few hours before my arrival. Service levels and staff attitude have not declined at all; though I expect that the staff incomes from the 10% service charge fund have.

The pool area and Sala have been relatively empty this weekend, and you generally have your pick of lounges. The Sala's kitchen is open but doesn't seem to be running at full bore. I haven't noticed the large salad and sides buffet at the front of the kitchen for dinner; OTOH I didn't look all that carefully. I think that it's only open on the weekends.

Lobby seems to be fully staffed; no one is waiting for help with bags and no one is opening the door for themselves, all as usual here.
Old May 26, 2014, 1:52 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Wonder if this is due to the operator they contract with?
Old May 26, 2014, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estnet
Wonder if this is due to the operator they contract with?
Huh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.