Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Anaheim vs Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Anaheim vs Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
The Sheraton Park is a nice property in a great location. The Sheraton Anaheim is your basic dump near the freeway. That's the main difference between the two properties IMHO.

-David
After my stay last weekend I'd have to second this. While the staff were beyond excellent, the Sheraton Anaheim itself is a horrible choice until it undergoes an extensive remodel.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
I recently completed another fine stay at the Park Anaheim. The club lounge breakfast is still cold continental but provided plenty of protein options along with premium breads and juices. Great staff there and never left unsatisfied.

There is currently heavy construction going on north of the property, so if you want to sleep in you may have to forgo the Disneyland view.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sigma1104
There is currently heavy construction going on north of the property [Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort], so if you want to sleep in you may have to forgo the Disneyland view.
Concur. Just checked out yesterday. Construction noise started at 8am. Constant beeping from equipment "reverse" alarms. They were putting up pile drivers and I imagine once those get to pounding it'll be really loud.

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the Sheraton Park does not participate in Green Choice.

Also starting yesterday, they moved to the Club Lounge breakfast downstairs to the Tiffany Terrace opposite the pool. Staff said it was because the Club Lounge was starting a refurbishment.

But otherwise, a good Starwood option and good Platinum recognition and staff.

Regarding the Sheraton Anaheim that's behind Disneyland on Ball Road: Used to be one of my favorites, but my last stay was awful. Room was dilapidated and disgusting. Worst Starwood room I've ever been assigned. Staff was also sort of surly. Seemed put out by my request for a new room. No apology. Don't know what's going on there, but quickly checked out and have moved my business to the Sheraton Park and Sheraton Garden Grove. Too bad. I really liked it in the past.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:36 pm

Sheraton Anaheim - Leaving Starwood on May 22, 2015

Source:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...language=en_US
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by James Luckard

Source:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...language=en_US
Whoa! We stay there frequently. My wife and girls are Disney fanatics. We were there last weekend and they will be there again this weekend and have a couple more weekend stays planned/booked.

I really don't want to break this news to her.

She really likes the hotel. And, I must say, we get treated very well. Several of the staff know us by name and they always go out of their way for us.

The place is a bit dated...but it is well-kept, the rooms are large, the staff is friendly and it's an easy walk to the Parks or Downtown Disney if you don't take the free shuttle.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Well crap. We have several stays planned there this year, including some next fall. This was the hotel that got me started on SPG many moons ago so I'm kind of a sucker for it. The Sheraton Park is a nicer facility, but I prefer the walk from this Sheraton (and the prices too).
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:51 pm

So...this may all be moot if the Sheraton's planned departure from Starwood moves forward, but I'll report on my weekend there anyway. We stayed in what the front desk agent referred to as a "castle" room. It was on the ground floor just down the hall from the front desk. This room was completely renovated and a million times nicer than any other room I've seen at this property. It felt very Le Meridien in design to me...Gray and purple tones, whimsical gray forest wallpaper on one wall, rich velvety curtains above the beds, dark and modern carpet. Surprisingly nice! The only remnants of the old room were the single paned windows, brown toned Sheraton granite counter in the bathroom and an odd, lid-less toilet seat that looked straight out of an airport bathroom.

The lobby has a relatively fresh feel to it, but the halls and other public spaces (and exterior) could use some love.

I did ask about them leaving Starwood and the FD agent I spoke with was vague on details, saying it was hard with three Sheratons in one city, he didn't know what they would become, and then he ended by saying, "who knows, maybe we'll stay a Sheraton." I have no idea if he knew something or was just blabbering, but I'm hopeful they stick around, especially if the renovated room is a sign of things to come... I consider the renovated room much nicer than the Sheraton Park.

And no, I didn't take any pics of the room. Sorry.

Last edited by Sam P. Goodman; Feb 11, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:57 am

Looks like the Sheraton Anaheim is moving forward with its planned departure from Starwood on May 22. Just received an e-mail from SPG regarding a future reservation...

As a valued Starwood Preferred Guest member, we are writing to inform you of a change in the status of Sheraton Anaheim Hotel. As of May 22, 2015, the property will no longer be part of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide or the Sheraton brand and will no longer participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program. The new name of the hotel will be The Majestic Garden Hotel.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The new name of the hotel will be The Majestic Garden Hotel.
Yep.

www.majesticgardenhotel.com

"A Tsubaki Collection Hotel"...whoever they are. They've still got a bit of work to do on their website regarding making future reservations. Currently a sort of "email us, and we'll get back to you regarding availability, price, etc" kinda thing.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:41 pm

Got an email from the hotel last week saying they will be the Anaheim Castle Hotel so it seems they're having a bit of an identity crisis...

I have one more stay later this month and then it's Sheraton Park for us.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:05 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
We will be there next week and like to hear about some recent experiences with the Sheraton at the Park.. Any upgrades for Platinums to suites, etc?

TIA
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vg247
We will be there next week and like to hear about some recent experiences with the Sheraton at the Park.. Any upgrades for Platinums to suites, etc?

TIA
I'm not sure they even have any suites at the Sheraton Park at the Anaheim Resort. In fact, one time when I inquired the agent replied "We don't have any suites at this property." They might have some sort of specialty Hospitality suite somewhere, but I've never seen or heard of one.

Platinum recognition is pretty good though, often getting a Club Level Park View room upgrade several days in advance of arrival.

Pretty much the same at the Sheraton Anaheim/Garden Grove. No suites. Just Club Level/Lounge access at best.

With the old Sheraton Anaheim departing Starwood...suites are pretty much no longer a possibility at SPG properties in Anaheim.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by PremEx
I'm not sure they even have any suites at the Sheraton Park at the Anaheim Resort. In fact, one time when I inquired the agent replied "We don't have any suites at this property." They might have some sort of specialty Hospitality suite somewhere, but I've never seen or heard of one.

Platinum recognition is pretty good though, often getting a Club Level Park View room upgrade several days in advance of arrival.

Pretty much the same at the Sheraton Anaheim/Garden Grove. No suites. Just Club Level/Lounge access at best.

With the old Sheraton Anaheim departing Starwood...suites are pretty much no longer a possibility at SPG properties in Anaheim.
Thanks so much- we just decided to stay at the Sheraton Anaheim-Garden Grove as it's a newer property ..and since neither offer suites, we decided that was best for our visit.

Happy Holidays and stay safe everyone..
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Jet Blue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Executive Elite

TIA
They do have suites but they are rare and I've only been awarded them during short term stays. Even when the hotel has low occupancy. Not sure why.

The lounge has gone down hill on the breakfast side. No more individual juices/milk cartons/ etc. It honestly feels like a freebie breakfast at a FI or SH .

The night time is much better but it gets packed quickly and because it's close to disneyland you get a lot of people that "bring in people". They could benefit from enforcing who uses the lounge but I'm not holding my breath.

Also the A/C in the summer is not the greatest. I personally think it needs to be upgraded. Also, check if their are any conventions and shoot for a room on the ends of the hallway as they can get loud and rowdy at night.

-A
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
we just decided to stay at the Sheraton Anaheim-Garden Grove
Quite possibly the worst property in the Starwood portfolio.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.