Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, Hawaii post renovation 2009 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Reservations email address: [email protected]

Hotel's own website: https://www.royal-hawaiian.com/
Print Wikipost

Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, Hawaii post renovation 2009 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Heading here next week, got an email from the hotel over the weekend that the pool is going to be closed for "emergency repairs"

Assuming the Sheraton's pool will be even more of a zoo because of that.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
Heading here next week, got an email from the hotel over the weekend that the pool is going to be closed for "emergency repairs"

What days is the pool closed? We’re there May 4-7.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Guys the pool at the RH is the size of one of those tacky above-ground pools people have in their back yards. Seriously. You'll be using the Sheraton anyway -- that's why it's always crowded.
gudugan likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Guys the pool at the RH is the size of one of those tacky above-ground pools people have in their back yards. Seriously. You'll be using the Sheraton anyway -- that's why it's always crowded.
I'll probably use the beach more, the Sheraton pool isn't appealing to me since its the "family" pool. Would have liked the RH one just to sit around and have a few cocktails- not sure if I can get those on the beach.

Now if they let me in on the Infinity pool, different story.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Sheraton Infinity pool has a separate wristband so it's a no-go.
Sheraton pool is honestly better to sit around with drinks. RH pool is not even worth visiting.

You can get drinks on the beach but need to rent their beachfront chairs. Or you can sit at the RH bar or just order at the bar and then bring them to the beach.
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by gudugan
Sheraton Infinity pool has a separate wristband so it's a no-go.
Sheraton pool is honestly better to sit around with drinks. RH pool is not even worth visiting.

You can get drinks on the beach but need to rent their beachfront chairs. Or you can sit at the RH bar or just order at the bar and then bring them to the beach.
Thanks. I've got the chairs rented a couple days.
gudugan likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 7:29 am

Confirmed SNA upgrade to a Historic Garden Suite. Glad that went through I didnt want to be in the no-view room.
gudugan likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:49 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Confirmed SNA upgrade to a Historic Garden Suite. Glad that went through I didnt want to be in the no-view room.
You enticed me to circle back to a three-night February reservation on points, but I still got the dreaded “Sorry, SNAs can’t be used towards this reservation”. I’ll give it another few months, but I’ve had little success in SNAs opening up last minute.
Old May 6, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jailer
You enticed me to circle back to a three-night February reservation on points, but I still got the dreaded “Sorry, SNAs can’t be used towards this reservation”. I’ll give it another few months, but I’ve had little success in SNAs opening up last minute.
February next year?
Old May 6, 2022, 2:03 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
February next year?
Yep, I manically made reservations before Bonvoy’s new dynamic award platform made things more convenient and flexible for me…to the tune of a million points.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Jailer
Are you sure your SNAs aren't expired by that time? If you qualified for Plat+ in 2021 your SNAs expire Dec 2022.
If you requalified for Plat+ in 2022 *and* selected SNA as your benefit they expire in Dec 2023.

I made a dummy cash reservation Feb 10-12 2023 (Friday-Sunday) and can apply SNA, but I also requalified for Plat in 2022 and selected SNA already.
Old May 6, 2022, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by gudugan
Are you sure your SNAs aren't expired by that time? If you qualified for Plat+ in 2021 your SNAs expire Dec 2022.
If you requalified for Plat+ in 2022 *and* selected SNA as your benefit they expire in Dec 2023.

I made a dummy cash reservation Feb 10-12 2023 (Friday-Sunday) and can apply SNA, but I also requalified for Plat in 2022 and selected SNA already.
Good point, thanks, I’ll circle back when I’m reloaded.
Old May 11, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold

Just walked by, and the pool is still closed. There were workers actively working on it - drained and walled-off, though.

Wonder what the issue was - not that the pool was very nice to begin with.
Old May 11, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Just walked by, and the pool is still closed. There were workers actively working on it - drained and walled-off, though.

Wonder what the issue was - not that the pool was very nice to begin with.
I was there last week and the hotel itself was pretty quiet. The Sheraton pool also wasn’t super busy.
Old May 11, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by mciampa
I was there last week and the hotel itself was pretty quiet. The Sheraton pool also wasn’t super busy.
Well, last night, they had a fireworks show you could hear all across Waikiki! Not very quiet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.