Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Newport, R.I. Marriott [Master Thread]

Newport, R.I. Marriott [Master Thread]

Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat, etc.
Great Location

The Newport Marriott has always been my preferred choice while staying in downtown Newport (great location, nice staff, great parking not many other great hotel options in town). The rooms are basic Marriott rooms. The lounge there is very modest. The greatest feature is the location... you can walk to anywhere.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:21 pm

Summers in Newport are great......check out the Brick Alley Pub a 5 minute walk away. If you like fried sea food Flo's Clam Shack is the place but you have to drive 10 minutes over by the end/start of the cliffwalk
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Just completed a weekend stay at the Newport RI Marriott. Concierge lounge is closed on weekends, and breakfast coupons were provided (although the front desk stated that Platinums may only have 'cold' items at the breakfast buffet. Hot items are reserved for paying buffet guests) 8-O.

The location is great, but I woke up both mornings with significant back pain. That happens maybe once every five years when I am in a hotel with cheap, soft and/ or old mattresses. I was surprised -- last time this happened was in a dive somewhere out west. It wasn't just my room either, as a friend on a different floor had the same painful morning reaction.

Marriott needs to enforce minimum mattress standards at this property.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Just completed a weekend stay at the Newport RI Marriott. Concierge lounge is closed on weekends, and breakfast coupons were provided (although the front desk stated that Platinums may only have 'cold' items at the breakfast buffet. Hot items are reserved for paying buffet guests) 8-O.
Gold/Plats get cont'l brekkie. There is a $5 upcharge to full breakfast.

Cheers.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:01 am
Suspended

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/hote...enovation.html
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Wow - thanks for the link! Looks nice. I stayed there many years ago. Love the location.

Cheers.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Great stuff here.

This property has never been on my radar--until I saw these posts.

Awesome location. And the renovation looks spectacular--NOT your father's Marriott.

Just booked five nights around next Labor Day using MR points.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:55 am

Stay, Eat and Be Merry

Come visit and celebrate the season with the unique programs featured during 45th Annual Christmas in Newport, and enjoy a stay at Newport Marriott:

The “Stay, Eat, and Be Merry” package starting from $164/night for includes:

Stay for two in a Deluxe King room
$20 dining credit to enjoy a warming cocktail or mocktail at Skiff Bar
Breakfast buffet for 2 in MainSail restaurant

Promo Code ZJL to book at www.newportmarriott.com
Terms & Conditions: Rates are per room per night. Not available on waterview rooms. Valid: Dec 1, 2015 to Dec 31, 2015, some blackout dates apply. F&B credit cannot be redeemed for cash.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:55 am

Stay, Eat and Be Merry

Come visit and celebrate the season with the unique programs featured during 45th Annual Christmas in Newport, and enjoy a stay at Newport Marriott:

The “Stay, Eat, and Be Merry” package starting from $164/night for includes:

Stay for two in a Deluxe King room
$20 dining credit to enjoy a warming cocktail or mocktail at Skiff Bar
Breakfast buffet for 2 in MainSail restaurant

Promo Code ZJL to book at www.newportmarriott.com
Terms & Conditions: Rates are per room per night. Not available on waterview rooms. Valid: Dec 1, 2015 to Dec 31, 2015, some blackout dates apply. F&B credit cannot be redeemed for cash.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I spent 1 night at the property and thought it was fantastic. It is recently renovated and the new rooms look great and modern. The whole hotel has a nautical resort theme, as you might expect from this area. It's in a great location and within an easy walk to most Newport attractions. I recommend the Red Parrot for dinner. As a Plat I was "upgraded" to a high floor room with a water view (really nice view of Newport and the harbor). I also received my $10 f&b credit, plus my rate included a $15 f&b credit, so I used it at the hotel bar one night for apps and drinks. Very good quality food and drinks at very reasonable prices. I took the free breakfast as the M Lounge was closed for the season (it's on the ground floor and right next to the breakfast buffet area). As far as I can tell the breakfast would have been exactly the same and was excellent - made to order omelettes and waffles and the regular spread. It was my first time in Newport and I loved it, and this property is a great option. My only criticism is that there aren't that many power outlets in the room.

I spent the next night at the Providence Renaissance which doesn't seem to have a thread so I'll review here. It's in a fantastic old state building so each room is a bit different and it's directly across the street from the State House, making for some amazing views. Scoring my best upgrade ever, I was given the Vice Presidential Suite which was amazing. The hotel bar was nice and is well reviewed by locals. My only criticism here is that this property is a bit far from downtown - it's a 15 min walk to the main downtown area. Other than that, a great property all around. I think it was recently renovated also. Had to catch an early train so didn't try the breakfast.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
This thread is great info. I want a central location.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by jlb3
I spent 1 night at the property and thought it was fantastic. It is recently renovated and the new rooms look great and modern. The whole hotel has a nautical resort theme, as you might expect from this area. It's in a great location and within an easy walk to most Newport attractions. I recommend the Red Parrot for dinner. As a Plat I was "upgraded" to a high floor room with a water view (really nice view of Newport and the harbor). I also received my $10 f&b credit, plus my rate included a $15 f&b credit, so I used it at the hotel bar one night for apps and drinks. Very good quality food and drinks at very reasonable prices. I took the free breakfast as the M Lounge was closed for the season (it's on the ground floor and right next to the breakfast buffet area). As far as I can tell the breakfast would have been exactly the same and was excellent - made to order omelettes and waffles and the regular spread. It was my first time in Newport and I loved it, and this property is a great option. My only criticism is that there aren't that many power outlets in the room.

I spent the next night at the Providence Renaissance which doesn't seem to have a thread so I'll review here. It's in a fantastic old state building so each room is a bit different and it's directly across the street from the State House, making for some amazing views. Scoring my best upgrade ever, I was given the Vice Presidential Suite which was amazing. The hotel bar was nice and is well reviewed by locals. My only criticism here is that this property is a bit far from downtown - it's a 15 min walk to the main downtown area. Other than that, a great property all around. I think it was recently renovated also. Had to catch an early train so didn't try the breakfast.
Thanks for the detailed trip reports. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Love the remodel

Newport Marriott

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Newport Marriott

25 America's Cup Ave. Newport, RI US 02840

Love the remodel (0 Photo)

Newport Marriott

Check In

Check in was quick and efficient.  Only a 1 night stay so I did not fight for any of the suites.  

Currently still off season, so self parking was free and there was NOT a destination fee charged.

Room

Since the hotel was recently remodeled, carpets and wall coverings are BRIGHT.  All passageways well lit.  Waterview King on floor 6 toward the back.  View of the harbor which was quiet.  Sloped angle ceiling line was probably 20 feet high on this floor.  Natural light, could not get room cool, may still be in heat mode and I could get the window open 2-3".  Bed was comfortable, chair was spacious.  

Tons of light in the bathroom, spacious standup shower only.

Dining

Ate in the bar area, 2 separate bars/dining and a dining room.  Service was quick and efficient.  Oysters were presented well, a tad pricey but I wasnt in a holiday in express.  

M club lounge had good evening offerings, portions were small though.  Breakfast included omelettes, good selection but I am sure this is MOBBED in season.  Evening offerings were good, but in small servings.

Great location, convenient to downtown, harbor, shopping and baseball stadium

Love the remodel

Would you like to write a review on the Newport Marriott?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 9, 2020, 7:55 pm

Newport marriott

I tried to book the Newport RI marriott This morning like I do every year for next years newport folk festival, I checked right at midnight and when the 50 week window opened. It showed as sold out for points and cash. It was like a concert all of the rooms were gone In a mintue. I called today and they confirmed it’s 100% sold out. This never happened before.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 5:12 am

I've booked an Aug weekend stay on points.
Any recent stay as PLT/TIT elite?
What offered for BK? (we are 2 adults + 2 children in a room)
What about resort fees, any other experience?
THX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.