Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

ITC Maratha, Mumbai, India [Master Thread]

ITC Maratha, Mumbai, India [Master Thread]

Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:23 pm
Used to be highman123

Stayed there for 13 hours this week. The hotel is just opposite the Hyatt Regency and Hilton.

I used teh airport pickup service which worked perfectly and costs INR 750 ai.

Pro:

- very close to the airport
- friendly, efficient check in there must have been a dozen front-desk agents and given the time around midnight when I checked in they really need them all
- booked Executive Club room (there is no lounge here though) with breakfast and got no upgrade (SPG Gold)
- very nice spacious room, felt like a suite
- internet amenity was 1.5 Mbit - but was fast enough
- breakfast was excellent, superb selection and delicious dosas
- the Peshawari restaurant scores as one of the best in the city, though I had no chance of trying it

Con:

- hallways (carpets) look really old and tired
- this is India but maybe they can fight some of the bad smells that linger in some parts of the hotel
- no views (well it's just across from a busy road that is about to be upgraded to a freeway as it looks)

Given the price probably one of the best airport hotel stays I ever had.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
I am very impressed with the platinum recognition at the ITC Maratha.
As soon as I stepped out of the car a lady came up to me as asked if I was Mendy and told me to follow her. She took me straight to my room which was pre upgraded to a suite on the club floor. Once in my room, she asked for my credit card and passport and went back down to take care of check in formalities and then returned 5 minutes later with my receipt.
She even refused the 150 rps tip I offered.
Great service all around ^
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Stayed here twice in December. Probably the nicest airport hotel I have every stayed at. Upgraded both stays, once to a suite. Dinner at Peshawari was excellent but expensive (about $30 USD for an entre). Airport transfer was easily arranged at check in and cost about $9 USD.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Gorgeous hotel but very week on Plat recognition. I used SNA to upgrade to a Jr Suite (550 sq ft). At check-in, FD agent was adamant that we weren't in a suite and I now know why. She kept saying it was a renovated room. When I produced my SNA confirmation, she said it was her mistake and it was a suite. Nonsense.

I've never been in such a tiny suite in my life. DO NOT use SNA at this hotel. Most of the square footage is unusable in the foyer and closet area. The room was barely wide enough for a king and had a love seat and a desk. Worst. Upgrade. Ever!

Lounge was nice and didn't have to ask for it like at ITC Grand Central.

If I need to overnight at BOM, I would probably return here (hotel felt very new and very clean), but will not waste SNA. There was also a stench of garbage outside the front of the hotel.

Last edited by margarita girl; Dec 12, 2016 at 4:07 am
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
I'll be staying here for an evening coming up in May. From Google maps it appears to be directly across the street from the International Terminal. Is it walkable from the terminal with a small bag?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
I'll be staying here for an evening coming up in May. From Google maps it appears to be directly across the street from the International Terminal. Is it walkable from the terminal with a small bag?
In theory yes - in practice I would avoid at all costs unless you are from India or feel extremely at home in India. There is basically a slum outside the gates of the hotel and the few U$ you would save would not make up for the stress of doing this walk at night (not that it would be any better in the heat of the day).
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Gorgeous hotel but very week on Plat recognition.
I agree with your point that they have some junior suites that are small in size, but not about plat recognition based on my experience. I have stayed here at least 30 nights last year with around 10-12 stays and barring the first two stays each time they have upgraded me to a suite. Sometimes it's junior suite, but sometimes proper "ITC One" suites as well. YMMV.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Originally Posted by RafKa
In theory yes - in practice I would avoid at all costs unless you are from India or feel extremely at home in India. There is basically a slum outside the gates of the hotel and the few U$ you would save would not make up for the stress of doing this walk at night (not that it would be any better in the heat of the day).
Thank you for the reply! Just emailed my SPG ambassador to see about arranging a ride through the hotel. It's my first trip to India and while I usually am comfortable walking around new places I imagine I'll be a little tired after the ~23hrs of travel so will make this as easy as possible
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Thank you for the reply! Just emailed my SPG ambassador to see about arranging a ride through the hotel. It's my first trip to India and while I usually am comfortable walking around new places I imagine I'll be a little tired after the ~23hrs of travel so will make this as easy as possible
No need to get the hotel involved: you can just get a prepaid "cool cab" from the main arrivals hall. I can't remember if they take cards, if not there are ATMs inside the terminal...

Walking around in India is a whole new level. And I say that coming from a developing country!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Try a different hotel if you can

If at all possible, try a different hotel. I have stayed at this property about five times - thrice in the last six months. Elite recognition is poor, I was recognized and upgraded just once. Room sizes seems to have become progressively smaller with each visit, and the stay last week took the cake - tiny room, shower and flush not working properly and mosquitoes in the room! I guess they knew it was a problem since there were three mosquito lamps in the room. Moldy/stinky chair at breakfast and pool not working. Lots of employees walking around, not sure what exactly they are doing other than talking to each other.

Of all the hotels close to the airport, this one has the best selection of restaurants. But for the amount of money I am paying ($300 per night), I am going to try the JW Marriott close by - seems like a newer and much better option. Wont get the stay credit, but SPG and Marriott statuses will match and I can move the Marriott points earned from stays to SPG. The ITC Maratha is unfortunately a overstaffed, uncared for, tired 3 star hotel with very loose affiliation to Starwood.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Wow.... no where to stay in Mumbai thread? Going to start one.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by schley
Wow.... no where to stay in Mumbai thread? Going to start one.
Mumbai - Which Starwood Hotel?

Last edited by RafKa; Apr 29, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Old May 4, 2022, 2:43 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Has anyone stayed here recently? What's the elite recognition like for Platinum guests? Is a club upgrade a standard offering at ITC Maratha?
Old May 4, 2022, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by aviationp
Has anyone stayed here recently? What's the elite recognition like for Platinum guests? Is a club upgrade a standard offering at ITC Maratha?
This property has always been very stingy with upgrades. As an Ambassador I have often had to ask for elite benefits like club access & enhanced internet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.