Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Dusseldorf (Sept. 30, 2019, No Longer Marriott hotel) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Dusseldorf (Sept. 30, 2019, No Longer Marriott hotel) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:31 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Photos

As promised earlier, here are some photos I took (apologies for the quality - took with my phone). I lost some of it (the bar and dining area) - not sure what happened.

Lobby area:

Area around each room level:

Bedroom (I was upgraded for the 1st time to the Renaissance Suite - not the full Mojo since the other half the suite (via a door) was used as storage for the renovation stuff)

Sitting area:

Workdesk

TV:

Bathroom including PowderRoom (Photos taken before leaving):

As you can see, there are some improvements, but the main furnitures are still the original ones. In general for me as long as the sleep is comfortable and the staff are friendly with good Elite benefits, I am happy with it.

Cheers!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the pics. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Stayed there a couple of months ago. Elite treatment still good, 50% off dinner still a very good deal. My preferred hotel in Dusseldorf despite cheapish renovations.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Stayed there last weekend - here are some changes:

No more 50% off dinner - now it's only 20% but it's valid for your stay (both for the restaurant and the bar).

Breakfast is restricted to 2 per room (used to be everyone in the room).

Free internet is only extended to 3 devices only.

The renovation seems to be a really soft one - in the suite (wrote to ask for one and got it - great when you are going with 3 kids) we stayed at the bathroom is partly renovated - they put in a glass instead of the shower curtain. That design was absolutely stupid because you need to be around 6 feet in order to turn off the tap when there is water in. I didn't realise - and I started water for a bath, then I went in to stop the water, oh no, I had to get into the water to turn off the tap (fortunately the water wasn't too hot).
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
WiFi speed

Old May 1, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nacho
No more 50% off dinner - now it's only 20% but it's valid for your stay (both for the restaurant and the bar).
Slight correction from what I have been told: The 20% off in the bar is only good for drinks, not for food consumed there. No idea what the rational behind this is, but I was told explicitly that bar-food would not be applicable for the discount during check-in.

Greetings - Dirk
Old May 1, 2015, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by djohannw
Slight correction from what I have been told: The 20% off in the bar is only good for drinks, not for food consumed there. No idea what the rational behind this is, but I was told explicitly that bar-food would not be applicable for the discount during check-in.

Greetings - Dirk
LOL - a contrast to the US where 20% often will be for food only & not booze. I'll update the exec lounge sticky though. But ? - is the 20% discount in the restaurant for both food & booze or booze only?

Cheers.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
LOL - a contrast to the US where 20% often will be for food only & not booze. I'll update the exec lounge sticky though. But ? - is the 20% discount in the restaurant for both food & booze or booze only?

Cheers.
Restaurant is good for both...again, I have been told so without asking for the information, but have no actual experience with the handling of the discount.

Greetings - Dirk
Old May 4, 2015, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by djohannw
Restaurant is good for both...again, I have been told so without asking for the information, but have no actual experience with the handling of the discount.

Greetings - Dirk
They said that it will automatically deduct the discount when you bill it to your room.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:06 am

I was there April 28th and 29th and was told 20% off restaurant. I am PP and LTP but the person at the front desk kept referring to me as a Gold member. I did not care because benefits essentially the same. Breakfast was free for two and in room mini bar was free. This was a nice since I was jet lagged and needed water after midnight.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott:P, Le Club:P, HHornors: G, Carlson: G, SPG:G, IHG:PA
Just stayed at DUS Renaissance on Jan 1st and was told the free minibar for elite will be moved away from Jan 2nd in 2016...the only freebie you can get is bottle of drink from the shop in reception now onwards...so bad!
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:17 am

Renaissance Dusseldorf

Just checked out Sunday, Jan 24th. The mini bar in the room is completely empty. I am PP but hotel only recognizes everyone as Gold, at least they referred to me and a colleague as Gold; I don't care but it is odd. I have stayed here at least 7 times in 10 months and it is always the same. "Since you are Gold, you get....." For each day of your stay, your are allowed to select one drink and one snack. You receive a discount of 15% off of food and 20% off of the bar tab. Breakfast for plat member and guest is free. However, my Gold colleagues only received breakfast for the member. This is strange because the FD refers to everyone as Gold?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by noRenew
Just checked out Sunday, Jan 24th. The mini bar in the room is completely empty. I am PP but hotel only recognizes everyone as Gold, at least they referred to me and a colleague as Gold; I don't care but it is odd. I have stayed here at least 7 times in 10 months and it is always the same. "Since you are Gold, you get....." For each day of your stay, your are allowed to select one drink and one snack. You receive a discount of 15% off of food and 20% off of the bar tab. Breakfast for plat member and guest is free. However, my Gold colleagues only received breakfast for the member. This is strange because the FD refers to everyone as Gold?

Thank you for your post. If they removed the stocked food/drink from the minibar, do they have a store where people can buy a soda or bottle of water?

Last edited by jeanie; Feb 1, 2016 at 5:35 pm
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jeanie
Thank you for your post. If they removed the stocked food/drink from the minibar, do they have a store where people can buy a soda or bottle of water?
There's always the Shell petrol station.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanie

There's always the Shell petrol station.
They have a small market store with drinks, snacks and toiletries. It is similar ton the Courtyard market store but on a slightly smaller scale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.