Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Palm Springs, CA

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Palm Springs, CA

Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:52 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Paseo yet??
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:22 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...desert-ca.html
bearsdidit likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:16 pm

Which hotel in Palm Springs area?

looking to head to Palm Springs for a weekend in May, and not sure which Marriott-family hotel would be best. Would love any advice.

Some background would prefer a hotel close to other things to do, like mid century-modern and funky (but nice) hotels (eg gramercy park hotel). Mid 30s, would prefer something not too-sceney but rather quiet and relaxing.

Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:51 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
You have described the Triada, although it's a bit quirky and my last two stays didn't automatically post. Do a search to see if it's your taste.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Breakfast Offerings and Upgrades for Titanium Members Palm Springs Area

I am planning my first trip to the Palm Springs area since Marriott instituted their new breakfast offerings. I was wondering if anyone has recently stayed at the JW Desert Springs Resort and Spa in Palm Desert, Renaissance Indian Wells Resort and Spa, Westin Mission Hills, or Hotel Paseo and was wondering what breakfast options you were offered or room upgrades.
Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:29 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Good question. We're looking at the JW for a November stay (early in Thanksgiving week but out by Tuesday), and the pricing looks good.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by holocker
I am planning my first trip to the Palm Springs area since Marriott instituted their new breakfast offerings. I was wondering if anyone has recently stayed at the JW Desert Springs Resort and Spa in Palm Desert, Renaissance Indian Wells Resort and Spa, Westin Mission Hills, or Hotel Paseo and was wondering what breakfast options you were offered or room upgrades.
Thanks
Any update on what "Titanium" gets for breakfast at Renaissance Palm Springs?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If someone does have breakfast experience w/ the PS properties post 8/18/18, I'd appreciate an update here or in the exec lounge sticky so I can update the sticky. Thx!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...worldwide.html

Cheers.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If someone does have breakfast experience w/ the PS properties post 8/18/18, I'd appreciate an update here or in the exec lounge sticky so I can update the sticky. Thx!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...worldwide.html

Cheers.
Fiberwalker posted some info from his recent stay at the JW Desert Springs.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30984307-post85.html
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Any update on what "Titanium" gets for breakfast at Renaissance Palm Springs?
I'll report back from my stay next week as a Platinum. If I'm not mistaken, Platinum Elite and above get the same breakfast, right?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hindolio
Fiberwalker posted some info from his recent stay at the JW Desert Springs.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30984307-post85.html

I'll report back from my stay next week as a Platinum. If I'm not mistaken, Platinum Elite and above get the same breakfast, right?
Thanks - and yes. Look forward to your report from the Ren.

Cheers.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:21 am

Reporting back from 2 weekday nights at the Renaissance Palm Springs. Platinum Elite requested an upgrade via the Bonvoy app and pleasantly surprised to receive a Junior Suite at check-in. It is very spacious with a separate living area and bedroom, although there is no door (rather a large passageway). There is a large bar-like counter in the living area which was great, but it felt like it should have had a sink.

No lounge so received a full breakfast buffet (voucher at FD) at the one and only restaurant at the property (Date Restaurant). Imho it was a good breakfast - typical scrambled eggs (above average), thick bacon, edible sausage, a variety of fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and pastries. In addition, there is a very solid omelette bar made to order, decent beignets/donuts(?) and maple syrup-infused waffles (they were okay if a little too dry and crunchy).

Water (those smallish 10 oz bottles) was handed out liberally when asked by the Bonvoy app and at the front desk. I don't know if was based on Bonvoy status or if the front desk would hand them out to anyone who asked (it seems the latter).

The pools were a highlight for our stay. There is a very large pool with beach chairs surrounding all sides. There is also a large (about 20 ft sq?) 1-foot deep childrens pool with a sandbox area next to it. Plenty of people were accessing both, but neither felt crowded at all. Perhaps during the weekends, it gets crazy though.

Self-parking is discounted to $20 per night (from $30 according to the website).

Overall, very pleasant and solid leisure stay. The property is attached to the convention center, but it felt very casual and relaxed. I imagine this could change if there is a big event though.

Question for anyone in general who is familiar with Renaissance properties in (at least) Southern California. Will housekeeping not take a gratuity if you do not put it in that little provided envelope?
fotoflyer88 and markko like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
My comments echo the above - had a one night weekend stay during a busy event week - overall very nice staff. Got upgraded to Junior Suite also as "titanium" - parking reduced for elite to $20/night. (Though one could probably find street parking if need be). Nice and relaxing pool area with lots of seating. Breakfast was good and free, with omelette station. Could easily see myself coming back here for a weekend. Walkable into Downtown Palm Springs, etc.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AS MVPG100K, Marriott Ambassador, UA Silver
Palm Springs Area Hotel w/ Kitchen

In March I'm looking to do a family getaway to someplace in the Palm Springs area with my wife and almost 1 year old daughter for 9-10 days. This will be our first time to Palm Springs.

I wanted to take advantage of Marriott's double elite nights so I can retain my ambassador status for the year with business travel likely to be way down.

We're looking for something that has a kitchen and preferably two bedrooms for <$1k per night. Ideally we just want a place where we can enjoy some sun and disconnect a bit.

Does anyone have any experiences with Triada or Avalon casitas? Are the kitchens usable or should I be looking at the Marriott Villas or Westin?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 6, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Family and I stayed 3 nights at the Shadow Ridge II The Enclaves Marriott in 2019 and loved it. Two bedroom, two bath with a full kitchen and washer and dryer. Pool was great too with a pool bar. I don't remember the price point but it wasn't too bad if i recall. I would recommend it and stay there again.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
When I searched (for next week- since I'm planning on going), I got 9 results with kitchens within 12 miles of Palm Springs, but the only one with a kitchen in Palm Springs proper, is the Triada Autograph Collection. The rest are much further afield. The Triada is great, they have have some JR suite and 1 bedroom suite options, but I don't show anything with 2 bedrooms there (although there are options with 2 beds). If your daughter is only 1, maybe a 1-bedr suite would be good enough for your purposes though.

My go-to for PSP has always been the Renaissance on Tahquitz Canyon. I just called them and they confirmed that the ONLY restaurant thats open is the Patio Grille, and ONLY on the weekends. I asked about Titanium breakfast and was basically told "you get an extra 750 points for the inconvenience" because there is no breakfast. Pool is open, but hot tub is not. OK then! So I would advise to call around and make sure things that you value during your stay will be available. They are out of the regional "stay at home" order but still under code Purple, so no indoor dining yet.

Some of the vacation club properties a bit further out in Palm Desert may be better suited for a family, and would give you the added space you need, but I haven't stayed there. If you were going to rent a car anyways, this is probably the way I'd go. Normally I don't rent a car in PSP, the Renn and Courtyard have airport shuttles and everything downtown is walkable. Downtown Palm Springs is great, with ample free street parking on Indian Canyon and South Palm Canyon, so staying at the Villas and driving into town is totally doable.

Last edited by PurdueFlyer; Feb 6, 2021 at 4:51 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.