Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Sheraton Burlington, Vermont [Master Thread] now Doubletree

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[GONE] Sheraton Burlington, Vermont [Master Thread] now Doubletree

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by travellingcari
Interesting. When I was there a few years ago there was another Doubletree right there. Has that one reflagged?
Nope, I just googled and the other DoubleTree in town is still there. But I called the Sheraton and confirmed that's the new name on 12/1. I suppose they'll give it a more specific name, to tell them apart.

It's a shame to see it go, just from a historical perspective, as it's one of the longest-running Sheratons - it's been in the chain since 1966 (before that it was the Cupola Motel). The only hotels that have been with Sheraton longer are the Sheraton Boston (1965), Sheraton Commander Cambridge (1963), Sheraton Maui (1963), Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon (1962) and Sheraton Princess Kaiulani (1959).

Last edited by James Luckard; Oct 24, 2017 at 10:49 pm
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Stayed here twice in early October. Some guests were annoyed by the reno but I was treated well by all the staff I encountered and the construction wasn't at all a distraction for me. Rates were over $400 for the Columbus Day weekend! That was a little eye raising but I know it's leaf peeping season and I think a big family weekend at the UofV. We were particularly thankful that they let my family check in before 10:00am after all of the EWR United flight were cancelled for the day.

I think this leaves the Equinox as the only remaining SW in Vermont.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by travellingcari
Interesting. When I was there a few years ago there was another Doubletree right there. Has that one reflagged?
The Doubletree will become a Marriott (not sure of which brand):

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...es/1006042001/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.