Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Midtown, New York [Master Thread]

Four Points Midtown, New York [Master Thread]

Old May 24, 2014, 8:55 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by thaliajen
I'm going to NYC next month and am staying at Sheraton TS as usual, but I'm going to stay on points on the last night so I stay at this 4 Points, the Westin by Grand Central, or remain at the Sheraton. All are 12K points.

I've read horrific reviews of the Westin, which surprises me. This 4 Points hotel seems to be getting really nice reviews in comparison. Because I've been sent to Vegas so much in the last 2 years where we're contracted with M Life, I'm actually having to work for my Plat Status this year. Plus I'm SOOO close to Platinum Lifetime Status.

I'm paying for the 3 nights at Sheraton TS but need to use points for the 4th. Since I need another stay, I booked 4 Points. Now the Westin is offering same amount of points for a stay- rare for a NY Westin.

Does this 4 Points offer upgrades to Plats? It sure sounds nicer than the Westin. I don't understand why they only give 250 points as opposed to 500 points as a Plat Amenity, but the two 4 Points I've stayed at were both nice properties. This one has comparable rates with the Sheraton TS and again, same amount of points to stay here as Westin Grand Central.

The one drawback is the small rooms as I'll have extra luggage with me and need a bath b/c of nerve damage to my leg. Anyone know if the rooms offer tubs and not just showers? I have 3 weeks to change it but after reading the reviews on the Westin Grand Central's own website, I'm more than likely going to stay at this 4 Points.

Any Plat stay recently and get an upgrade? I did see they have suites. It's also nice to read that the staff is kind. I've stayed at almost every NYC property and rudeness is usually the #1 problem. That and tiny rooms. But I guess that's NYC!
Stay at the Westin Grand Central. I use both properties. The 4 points is fine for a single traveler that doesn't spend much time in the room. The hotel is clean, easy in/out but no frills. The Westin is a more upscale property. Rooms and bathrooms are much larger.
Old May 24, 2014, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by thaliajen
I'm going to NYC next month and am staying at Sheraton TS as usual, but I'm going to stay on points on the last night so I stay at this 4 Points, the Westin by Grand Central, or remain at the Sheraton. All are 12K points.

I've read horrific reviews of the Westin, which surprises me. This 4 Points hotel seems to be getting really nice reviews in comparison. Because I've been sent to Vegas so much in the last 2 years where we're contracted with M Life, I'm actually having to work for my Plat Status this year. Plus I'm SOOO close to Platinum Lifetime Status.

I'm paying for the 3 nights at Sheraton TS but need to use points for the 4th. Since I need another stay, I booked 4 Points. Now the Westin is offering same amount of points for a stay- rare for a NY Westin.

Does this 4 Points offer upgrades to Plats? It sure sounds nicer than the Westin. I don't understand why they only give 250 points as opposed to 500 points as a Plat Amenity, but the two 4 Points I've stayed at were both nice properties. This one has comparable rates with the Sheraton TS and again, same amount of points to stay here as Westin Grand Central.

The one drawback is the small rooms as I'll have extra luggage with me and need a bath b/c of nerve damage to my leg. Anyone know if the rooms offer tubs and not just showers? I have 3 weeks to change it but after reading the reviews on the Westin Grand Central's own website, I'm more than likely going to stay at this 4 Points.

Any Plat stay recently and get an upgrade? I did see they have suites. It's also nice to read that the staff is kind. I've stayed at almost every NYC property and rudeness is usually the #1 problem. That and tiny rooms. But I guess that's NYC!
I visited a friend who stayed there and I thought the room was the smallest room I've ever seen even by NYC standards. It was (I'm assuming) approximately a 15 x15 box with a bathroom.

If you're going to be out of the room - and I mean room - the majority of the day and only sleep there. Then at a last resort use this property. Personally I would skip.
Old May 24, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I received a suite last year. Nothing big or special but compared to the tiny standard rooms it certainly was appreciated.

Here are some photo's to get an impression:

There is a separated 'living room' with a couch, two chairs and cupboard with TV, small table and a desk.

Bedroom is separated but in a normal room this is pretty much the space you get.

Old May 24, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Thank-you! I've got a decision to make & this helps a lot.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Surprisingly fine

After 2 nights at Element (which shocked me by being clean, comfy & had a friendly staff) I moved here for a quick mattress run. They had upgraded me to a top floor but that room wasn't ready (it was around noon) and as I only had 1 night here, I asked for any room ready. The kind desk agent found me a room on 7 and offered me (I didn't even have a chance to ask!) a 4pm check out. Since I'm switching to Sheraton today I was thrilled to get that.

The room was comfy, they got me a fridge which helps a LOT, and I slept well for awhile. The noise in the morning doesn't start as early as the Element's but it's STILL annoying. This room's AC stops and starts no matter how you set it so I'd be in a deep sleep and it'd go off & I'd wake up. That was the only downside here that I could tell. I DO wish that these properties were on the other side of TS but you can't have it all.

On another note, the restaurant here was VERY good! My friend came across a review for it online but didn't know it was IN the 4 Points. Getting 20% off was nice and the food was delicious.

In addition, the staff here have been very kind. Having stayed in NYC hotel rooms all over the city, I don't think these rooms are ANY smaller than average. In fact I give them kudos for having full tubs, as after 2 days at a shower-only hotel, I needed to soak! I also like the chair next to the window where I can sit and watch TV. My back is going, and watching TV from bed gets uncomfortable.

After 13 years of NYC trips starting out with Westin TS & the W's, I've learned a valuable lesson. I spend little time in my rooms here and it's silly to waste the kind of $ NYC hotels attract, just for a higher property. Yes, I prefer the Sheraton TS b/c of the location, but honestly, as far as the inside of these hotels go, I will return again if the prices remain this low. I love luxury, but having said that, things have changed in the past 5 years. I watch $ more carefully, as do many others, which might be why these hotels are getting more popular.

If you've got the $ for the higher end hotels, by all means, stay there! They're great! If you're on a budget or small stipend, just TRY 4 Points. Or Element. I'm purposefully staying here a few hours late b/c I like the TV channels of all things! Also, 4 Points got me in when I arrived. I like that. Will I be happy to be back at Sheraton TS for the night? Yes. But am I glad I stayed here? Hell yes!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
if you get a room on the 5th floor facing 40th, forget about getting good night sleep. Lots loud noise from street level activities lasted to 2AM then resumed at 5AM. I had a room on 27th floor at my prior visit and the noise level was more manageable. But for a big brand hotel in the city, the rate here can't be beat! also front desk staffs were very friendly and responsive.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:56 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Stayed here on points Saturday night. Arrived around 11AM and used the valet to park ($50/night vs. $48 two blocks away on Bestparking). Room wasn't ready but they promised to call when it was ready. Has that ever happened? Well it did on Saturday, they called us around 1PM and the room was ready.

Staff was all very friendly and helpful. But best part was gold amenity. Choices were:

or

Free Breakfast.

For Gold. I even asked if she meant that and she did. Good buffet breakfast or we could order off of the menu.

Had a north facing (quiet) room on the 22nd floor. Fast elevators, clean and comfy room, couldn't ask for a better experience.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
they promised to call when it was ready. Has that ever happened?
this property is really good with calling when the room is ready....i've been in this position the last 3 times while staying here & they have called me all 3 times....
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:04 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
It had been awhile since we stayed there. We have been promised calls from the Westin TS and the Sheraton NY but never received them. Definitely moving this property up our list of NYC Starwood options.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:19 pm

We may need to change the name of this to Four Points Times Square:

http://www.fourpointstimessquare.com/

as there is a Four Points Midtown West (10th Avenue/Hudson Yards) scheduled to open in a couple weeks: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...language=en_US
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
We may need to change the name of this to Four Points Times Square:

http://www.fourpointstimessquare.com/

as there is a Four Points Midtown West (10th Avenue/Hudson Yards) scheduled to open in a couple weeks: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...language=en_US
W New York on Lexington retains it's name as "W New York" while the others are "W New York - Times Square", "W New York - Union Square" and "W New York - Downtown".

Maybe they'll confusingly keep the name.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by donotblink
W New York on Lexington retains it's name as "W New York" while the others are "W New York - Times Square", "W New York - Union Square" and "W New York - Downtown".

Maybe they'll confusingly keep the name.
It was the first W in NYC. By the other having their "neighborhood" or "development district" names attached there should not be any confusion.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Any updates for this property?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I stayed here last fall. The rooms are small and tired, but I think the alarmist tone of the reviews upthread don't really do it justice. Location is so-so, nothing interesting in the immediate vicinity. No upgrades, but the buffet breakfast is alright for 250pts, no trouble with elevators, and service in general was fine. I would stay again as it's good value.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:45 pm

Staying here now, while the rooms are small the gym is ok, the bathroom is decently sized..and their on-site restaurant is surprisingly good! Great caesat salad and grilled skirt steak.

Whoops this is for the midtown West on 10th Ave. Mods can you move the post?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.