Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Which Starwood hotel in New York City NYC ? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Starwood hotel in New York City NYC ? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Jazzop
The party will be rolling through midtown and LES, most likely. But it will resume the following day on the UWS, so the hotel can be anywhere between Canal & 110th (but not UES).

The W Union Sq. & the Parker Meridien are already out of my price range for those dates. The only SPG properties in a reasonable $ range are the ones listed in my OP: W Tuscany, W Court, Sheraton Towers.
Well check the master threads for each and make the decision. Only you can do that. Check the new promo and maybe that can spare you some $$.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Well check the master threads for each and make the decision. Only you can do that. Check the new promo and maybe that can spare you some $$.
Agreed. The only thing I can think of is that the Sheratons are closer to subways. But as a NY'er, I'm sure you already knew that. If parking is your only real concern, I'd say to just look up which one offers cheaper parking.

In general- W's = smaller, more trendy rooms. Clubby atmosphere/ Bliss amenities/ fun bars.
Sheratons= more geared towards business/ family travelers. More standard rooms/ services.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
I would NOT ever recommend either Sheraton over the W hotels, so pick the least expensive W hotel. The Sheratons will not give you "quietude." They are both busy hotels with huge crowds milling in the lobby most of the time. And their rooms are vastly inferior to the W hotels.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
New York City Parking

Parking and quietude are probably the most important to me. I am SPG Gold, so Plat perks are irrelevant.

Hotel parking charges are outrageous. There are a number of garages where you can park for substantially less. I've had good success with www.iconparkingsystems.com. If that doesn't work for you do a google search for New york City parking garages.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Thanks for the help. I think the plan will be as follows: Park the car Friday on the street in the UWS where the party will end Sat., and stay in one of the Ws Fri. night.

I am a savant at finding street parking in NYC. Plus I drive a MINI, which makes its own parking space. I was never intending to park in a garage, so I realize now that my OP made it sound like I wanted a hotel with a cheap garage. I meant a hotel located on/near streets with noncommercial parking. I hate garages almost as much as I hate taxis. It's street parking and subway/foot for me.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I'm looking at the Le Parker or the Westin Times Square (8th and 43rd). Location not being an issue (I actually prefer the Le Parker quieter location) which hotel is better/nicer as far as amenities, room size, cleanliness, how luxurious (if applicable), etc...
Old Jan 28, 2010, 1:01 pm

Anyone able to provide some insight regarding the above post?

Many thanks for any and all responses .
Old Jan 28, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by friedablass
Anyone able to provide some insight regarding the above post?

Many thanks for any and all responses .
I agree that the Parker Meridien is in a more desirable area. I've never stayed at the Westin, but I doubt it is more luxurious as per the negative comments in the master thread. I'm sure if you read both master threads, you will be better able to compare the properties.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:14 pm

Thank you for your insight. I have read both threads from a couple of months back until the end (I don't think reading about stays that happened a couple of years ago apply now since things can change - service may improve or become worse, renovation may happen, etc.), but it still left me a bit confused. I think I'll probably end up in the Parker and I'll be able to come back here and report to help others out.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Which of these hotels in NYC would you suggest?

I am going to be in NYC for 3 nights this fall and was going to use the promo of buy 2 nights and get 1 night for free. (Thursday - Sunday)

The hotels that I can pick from for this promotion and $$$ are

W New York- Times Square
Westin New York - Times Square
W New York - Tuscany
Le Meridien New York.

Which one would you suggest for a group of young single guys?
Thanks!

NDTraveler
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i would pick the w times square but before cheap elite rips you to threads here are a couple of threads that may be of better service to you....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: Starwood
Really depends on what you plan on doing while in town.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Thanks for the thread links. I am will be in town for a football game at Yankee Stadium.

Do any of the hotels listed have rooms with 2 queen beds?

NDTraveler
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by saad
i would pick the w times square but before cheap elite rips you to threads here are a couple of threads that may be of better service to you....

ME? Rips someone to threads? Never. I have minions to do that.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NDtraveler
Thanks for the thread links. I am will be in town for a football game at Yankee Stadium.

Do any of the hotels listed have rooms with 2 queen beds?

NDTraveler
DUDE! Have you read any of the threads listed??? Those are pretty comprehensive threads with lots of info.

OT: But since when do they play football at Stankee Stadium??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.