Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Colonnade, Coral Gables, (Near Miami) Florida [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Colonnade, Coral Gables, (Near Miami) Florida [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables will go under renovation later this year and will reopen as "Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables." The hotel will be part of Starwood's new Tribute Collection, so it will stay within the Starwood system - the Westin branding will be removed, however.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Adelphos
The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables will go under renovation later this year and will reopen as "Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables." The hotel will be part of Starwood's new Tribute Collection, so it will stay within the Starwood system - the Westin branding will be removed, however.
That doesn't appear to have happened.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:12 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently? What is breakfast amenity? Staying here with my parents so hoping to get breakfast for them daily as they don't like to eat out much.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by stimpy
That doesn't appear to have happened.
We had a post in another thread in which the equity owner stated they were aiming at an October 2016 conversion.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed a few months ago. I got a Presidential Suite upgrade on a 2 or 3 night stay. Maybe that was a makeup for the pool being closed and works being done in the lobby.

Sorry I can't recall if I even had breakfast. But I love the neighborhood. I'm thinking of maybe getting an apartment there. There are lots and lots of restaurants, shops, bars, etc., within a short walk.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:07 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I've spent a fair amount of time in that neighborhood visiting one of my kids and came to the conclusion that the area is actually not as interesting as it initially looks to be. Although if you haven't been there try the Seasons 52 restaurant.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abk
I've spent a fair amount of time in that neighborhood visiting one of my kids and came to the conclusion that the area is actually not as interesting as it initially looks to be. Although if you haven't been there try the Seasons 52 restaurant.
It's subjective of course, and I agree that it wouldn't be interesting from a tourism standpoint. But I think I might like it as a resident. No, it's not Paris or London, but I like that there is so much within walking distance.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Adelphos
And a full year later, it is still in the works:

First, we're in the final phases of the redevelopment and repositioning of both, The Westin Colonnade, Coral Gables and Union Station Nashville Hotels. Both are transformational, and both should be complete by the end of the third quarter. At the completion of The Westin redevelopment, the hotel will be reflagged as Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables and will become part of Starwood's Tribute Portfolio. The total investment dollars are budgeted at $17.5 million which equals roughly $111,000 per key. So you can see it's a major comprehensive upgrade to what was just an okay Westin.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3991...pt?part=single

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.