Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
No, club food is not enough to make a meal.
In your opinion.

And if you want a three-course candle-lit restaurant experience in the evening then I would agree with you.

But there is enough cold selection and one hot dish every day to make a perfectly acceptable meal - and when the alternative is the very high priced restaurants then the case for the lounge food is more compelling. And your booze is free flowing and free.

My advice would be to budget for the restaurants and try the lounge first. We did and didn't spend a cent more.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ftrichard
In your opinion.

And if you want a three-course candle-lit restaurant experience in the evening then I would agree with you.

But there is enough cold selection and one hot dish every day to make a perfectly acceptable meal - and when the alternative is the very high priced restaurants then the case for the lounge food is more compelling. And your booze is free flowing and free.

My advice would be to budget for the restaurants and try the lounge first. We did and didn't spend a cent more.
Yes, in my opinion.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Re: Club Food...

Breakfast for me was more than enough. Excellent selections. We went one time to the restaurant for breakfast, but honestly enjoyed the club better.
Dinner would have been more than enough for me as long as you do not have a picky palate. We did use the club everyday as appetizers/drinks, then had a meal at the restaurant every other day.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I was also fine with the club food, with the added caveat that I'm a vegetarian. Hotel would prepare a special plate for me. ^
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
Re: Club Food...

Breakfast for me was more than enough. Excellent selections. We went one time to the restaurant for breakfast, but honestly enjoyed the club better.
Dinner would have been more than enough for me as long as you do not have a picky palate. We did use the club everyday as appetizers/drinks, then had a meal at the restaurant every other day.
Thanks! I'm trying not to be cheap on my wife's bday, but if the prices are legitimately several hundred dollars per meal, I'd prefer to eat at the club!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i am a spg plat.

if i book a room for 3 (me included), do all 3 get access to club lounges?

thanks
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
i am a spg plat.

if i book a room for 3 (me included), do all 3 get access to club lounges?

thanks
One of the best Club Lounge experiences I've had and especially welcome given the high cost of food and alcohol in this country. No children allowed in the lounge and its pool area.

You should probably check with the lounge directly to answer this question as it's doubtless up to their discretion. I found the staff there to be exceptional but YMMV. According to the rules, I believe that lounge access is only for two people per qualifying room.

As a data point, I mentioned to the Club Lounge staff at the Sheraton Grand Macau that my two sisters and brother in law (also a Plat) were coming in November sharing a room (suite upgrade so nothing dodgy) and they told me that they would make a note and give all three lounge access. So it's possible but discretionary.

Be nice and you may be lucky.

Last edited by ftrichard; Oct 25, 2017 at 8:27 pm
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA PP, DL DM, UA SL, CX GO, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold
Any SPG Plat's receive complimentary upgrades here?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by thouartgerrard
Any SPG Plat's receive complimentary upgrades here?
I did receive an upgrade to one of their oceanfront pool villas.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, did you book cheapest rate available?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:51 am

We got an Island Cottage as an upgrade. Cheapest rate with a BRG (I took the 20% off). There weren't many people in the Club Lounge when we were there - it was like a private club and we spent most of our time there only venturing away to try breakfast in the package-tourist-infested main buffet once. Maximum six other guests in the Club at any one time. The Club makes this Maldives hotel very good value if you're a Platinum.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Wow, did you book cheapest rate available?
I dont know that was the lowest rate or not. My rate was 248.14 USD/night plus taxes and service charge for an island cottage with breakfast for 2 adults. And Yes it was brg booking.

I thought they upgraded me because this stay was my mum's special occasion.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:32 am

Which area of the property is best to stay at currently

My wife and I will be staying at the Sheraton Maldives next week. With the current maintenance going on, where would you say is the optimal area of the property to stay. And what what type of room would it be?

Thanks for your help

Originally Posted by ftrichard
In your opinion.

Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Went back for my second stay last week (was there in Aug 2015). I used SNA and was pre-upgraded to beachfront cottage, which I absolutely loved during my last visit. (I was offered an OTWB, but after seeing it, asked to go back to my cottage.)

At check-in, I was advised that I had been upgraded to the best room in the house, an Ocean Pool Villa (2100 sq ft, even though much of that space is outside)! Even though the room is lovely and very close to the Club Lounge, there is no beach in front of it, just a bunch of jagged rocks and it really doesn't look very nice at low tide. I much prefer to swim in an ocean than a pool, so in the morning while in the lounge, I asked the attendant if there were any beachfront cottages available which are on the other side of the island. She said she would check, but warned me that there was major construction going on in front of the cottages. Apparently, Male needs more area to expand, so they expropriated a resort on a neighboring isle and are in the process of filling in between the Male island and the new isle they took over. The view is a giant mess of construction cranes and what not.

The Sheraton, to protect their view, decided to build 3 small islands in front of their property and cover those with trees, thus blocking the view of Male in the distance. Apparently, this construction will be completed in 3-4 months. It's tragic for the Sheraton to have to deal with this. I believe it was an excellent idea to build their own islands. Hopefully once everything is completed and landscaped, the view will be acceptable again.

This is the view directly in front of the cottages now. In the distance, you can see the Male construction.

Here is a close up of the island on the right where trees have been planted. Obviously, more needs to be done.

I so loved this property 2.5 yrs ago. I'm hoping they can recover from this mess that has been handed to them. I plan to return to check it out as it really is a nice affordable option in the Maldives for those of us who don't have a bottomless pit of money to dip into.

Weather was perfect for my stay. Photos were taken on my first morning at the tail end of the huge storm that battered the Maldives (as reported in the St Regis thread). I ended up keeping my Ocean Pool Villa and just walked over to the other side of the island for my swims.

Last edited by margarita girl; Dec 12, 2017 at 8:54 am
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Looking to slay at the Sheraton for four nights at the end of June. As a power wheelchair user I really narrowed down my choices to either the Sheraton or Kurumba. I've been assured by both hotel staff that the resorts are accessible and they can transport my power wheelchair.

It boils down to price and I would prefer to stay at the Sheraton (looks nicer and larger), however, the food costs give me pause to say the least. I am only SPG Gold have any golds been given lounge access without club rooms? On the SPG website all of the full board rooms are advance purchase and I need the flexibility to cancel. Is there a way to reserve a full board room in advance? It sounds that without club access drinks and food will really be a killer. I'm traveling with a friend and not really interested in romantic fine dining, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.