Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Upgraded wireless Internet is complimentary in your guest room, and Gold Elite members enjoy a 10 percent discount on all purchases in our BLVD shop.

Executive Lounge – located on the 4th floor of the hotel, our Executive Lounge is open Monday through Friday 6:30am- 10am for breakfast. We are happy to provide breakfast for two at Glance, (previously called Ford's Filling Station), the lobby level restaurant on Saturday and Sunday.

Activities – the following amenities are offered at the hotel:

· Pool Deck, 4th floor open daily from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.

· The Ritz-Carlton Spa, 2nd floor open daily from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.

· Fitness Center, 2nd floor is open 24 hours

Destination Fee

The $30+taxes destination fee includes the following amenities - redeemable via the passport they hand you at check-in:
  • Premium internet (with a special code instead of logging in with name/room number)
  • $20 food and beverage credit daily [resets at 12pm according to reports]
  • "Wine tasting" from 4:30-5pm at the hotel restaurant (choice of house wines, either 2 half glasses of white and red, or 1 glass of white or red)
  • Admission to the Grammy Museum
  • Free small popcorn at Regal theater (requires coupon from front desk)
  • 1 hour of bowling at Lucky Strike between 4-6pm (once per stay)
The hotel current does not provide an alternate amenity for elites to replace the premium internet included in the destination fee.

To get acquainted with the exciting recreation, entertainment, attractions and shopping options on and around the hotel, please visit: www.lalivemarriott.com
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Just heard from the CEO of AEG (the owning entity of L.A. Live) that the J.W. will get a 700+ room expansion. That property will then be the largest hotel in the Western Hemisphere. Not sure on the schedule.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by tkey75
Just heard from the CEO of AEG (the owning entity of L.A. Live) that the J.W. will get a 700+ room expansion. That property will then be the largest hotel in the Western Hemisphere. Not sure on the schedule.
Hah! I take it you've never been to Las Vegas? Most all the hotels on the strip are larger even if they added 1000 rooms to the JW. The MGM has over 5000 rooms. Or did you mean the largest Marriott?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_in_the_world
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat (0.09 MM), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any recent updates on lounge status as Gold? Upcoming stay on Saturday.

How is the "rooftop" bar? What makes this hotel better than the surrounding ones?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:02 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by tkey75
Announced earlier this month.

At least 25 hotels in Las Vegas and several other properties in the US and elsewhere are larger than the JW's planned 1633 rooms combined.

Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Wow that looks amazing. I plan to do a short visit to LA this summer and the JW or Ritz are my top choices as of now. cant wait to see the second tower done in 2018
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, Hyatt Discoverist (ex CC), Marriott Titanium, Miles& More Senator
So is there a parking place where you dont pay $42 or is valet the only option?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.parkme.com/los-angeles-parking/la-live

Gives a lot of options.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
From an article in the LA Times earlier this year:

"Sports and entertainment giant AEG will make a $500-million expansion to its Marriott complex at L.A. Live as the demand for hotel rooms rises in downtown Los Angeles. AEG will add 755 rooms to the popular J.W. Marriott in a new high-rise connected to the existing hotel building by a bridge over Olympic Boulevard, creating the second-largest hotel in California with 1,756 rooms. On the roof of the West Parking Garage now serving L.A. Live, AEG will build additional conference, banquet and ballroom space that will be connected to the existing J.W. Marriott function rooms by two bridges. The J.W. Marriott addition is to stand at the northeast corner of Olympic Boulevard and Georgia Street. It will have two levels of underground parking and street-level shops and restaurants operated separately from the hotel. The second floor will have a restaurant and lounge, a fitness center and a swimming pool with cabanas. A tunnel for staff use will pass under Olympic Boulevard."

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:02 pm

JW LA Live

Trying to decide between the JW Live and JW Santa Monica I chose LA live based on recommendations from posters. LA Live is in a rather remote location, you need a car to go anywhere unless you don't mind walking long distances. Traffic is heavy all day long so choose your hotel near the location you want to be.

The JW Live is a very modern and clean. On check-in received Platinum upgrade to a suite on the 21st floor. The room was probably the living room of a two bedroom suite as there were doors on either side of the room leading to single rooms, also the bed was located next the dining room table. The CL is closed on weekends and complimentary breakfast vouchers were issued for two people. Choice of the buffet or $40 towards al a carte. Morning breakfast and evening snacks were typical offerings for a Marriott CL.

Most shocking and disturbing about LA is the homeless population.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by greatbelgian
So is there a parking place where you dont pay $42 or is valet the only option?
Joe's Parking, 8th and S. Francisco, one and a half blocks away from the hotel, $15 for 24 hours no in and out.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by doctor
Trying to decide between the JW Live and JW Santa Monica I chose LA live based on recommendations from posters. LA Live is in a rather remote location, you need a car to go anywhere unless you don't mind walking long distances. Traffic is heavy all day long so choose your hotel near the location you want to be.

The JW Live is a very modern and clean. On check-in received Platinum upgrade to a suite on the 21st floor. The room was probably the living room of a two bedroom suite as there were doors on either side of the room leading to single rooms, also the bed was located next the dining room table. The CL is closed on weekends and complimentary breakfast vouchers were issued for two people. Choice of the buffet or $40 towards al a carte. Morning breakfast and evening snacks were typical offerings for a Marriott CL.

Most shocking and disturbing about LA is the homeless population.
Go LA Live! I just stayed at both back to back last week. It was my first time at LAL and second time at Santa Monica and there is no comparison. Both hotels we were upgraded to suites.

My wife and I walked for LAL to several dinners, and felt safe. Yes you can't walk to a place like the promenade in Santa Monica or the pier but I think the hotel and experience are miles better. Personally I think the homeless population is far larger and more aggressive in Santa Monica but everyone has different experiences.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:05 pm

Location: Base: EWR/LGA/JFK. 2016: BOM, DEL, HYD, BKK, SIN, HKG, ICN, NRT, LAX, SFO, DEN, ORD, BNA, IAH, MIA, MDE, BOG, CHO, IAD, LHR, LCY, FRA, ZRH, LIN, MXP
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Ritz Lifetime Platinum Premier, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I would pick based on location. LA Live is awesome, both the Ritz and JW. However, traffic should be your number one concern. My office is by the Santa Monica Airport, so a commute from LA Live is easily an hour+. I instead opt for the JW Santa Monia when it isn't $500+ or the Ritz MDR
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Horace provided some additional info in the exec lounge sticky re: weekend brekkie beyond what I need for the sticky, so thought I'd provide the info here.

"Executive Lounge is locked overnight. Executive Lounge is closed weekends (from after breakfast on Friday until Sunday evening).

"On Saturday and Sunday, complimentary Gold/Plat breakfast for two at Ford's Filling Station restaurant in the hotel lobby. Full, hot buffet includes a cooked-to-order entrée, with the order taken by the server (not an omelette station). Same breakfast for guests who do not qualify for the complimentary breakfast is $28.

Internet terminals in lounge."

Cheers.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:07 pm

We just checked in for one night. This is probably our 10th-12th stay in 3 years so we aren't regulars. Hubby is Plat Premier and no upgrade which we try not to expect. We weren't asked if we wanted points or voucher. Just told we were getting points. (And forgot to let her know we prefer the voucher) Like this hotel but this stay is disappointing. We usually book a Jr. Suite so a regular room feels blah. There is a mop leaning in our doorway and the exec king next door has glasses and leftovers from last night. There is large used food trolley right near the elevators. Everyone on our side passes it....just feels sloppy. I've seen several staff in the hallway just passing by the messes.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.