Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott-family hotels in "xx" means all Marriott brand hotels in that city. It does not mean hotels that are family friendly, although there could be some family friendly ones on the list. But it refers to the various brands. Marriott-family hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc, & trip reports are usually in the property specific threads."

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bdschobel
From marriott.com:

Bruce
Hey, Bruce, they offered me 1K a day because of no breakfast on weekend. Which isn't what I was expecting. BTW, I'm still waiting for my points to post!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:54 am

Where to stay in NY for 60k for nicest free platinum breakfast?

I know, it is an odd criteria, but all else is pretty much equal for me. I have a couple of the old Ritz certificates which are now good for hotels up to 60k. One might think that the 60k hotels like the W or St. Regis might be the best choices, but I learned my lesson at the Fairmont previously. The breakfast there was ridiculously expensive, but it was just your normal Residence Inn breakfast in a nice room. Can anyone give me suggestions?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just an FYI, my points havent posted from my stay at the 57, and the Marriot tweeter team keeps telling me they will post shortly, has anyone else had problems in the last 2 weeks?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UserMark
I know, it is an odd criteria, but all else is pretty much equal for me. I have a couple of the old Ritz certificates which are now good for hotels up to 60k. One might think that the 60k hotels like the W or St. Regis might be the best choices, but I learned my lesson at the Fairmont previously. The breakfast there was ridiculously expensive, but it was just your normal Residence Inn breakfast in a nice room. Can anyone give me suggestions?
Essex House has a very nice hot and cold buffet. It's the same one the hotel guests pay for. Generally agreed to be the best lounge breakfast in the US.

St. Regis is a steal at 60k points.

Just don't pick the Edition or Ritz-Carlton.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum & Gold for life, M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum,
Best property on points in NYC

Every year my wife and I do 1 city trip without the kids, NYC this year at the end of October.

As there are so many hotel options it is really hard to make a choice.
The plan is to spend all my points before the end of this year, so don't really have an issue when it comes to that, still have enough to burn.

I have stayed in 11 Howard before, which I much appreciated for the neighbourhood, perhaps a bit less for the service.
Would book it again, but also considering what else is available.

I was also looking at Chatwal, W Union Square for its location, The Ritz Carlton and St Regi for their service.
For some reason I believe 11 Howard has the nicest location to spend evenings, I like the Soho vibe with lots of nice bars and restaurants.
The St Regis and the Ritz seem to offer a better service and some real pampering, but what about the area in the evening? any chance you also get the same kind of vibe as in Soho/Browery?

Any other recommendations where we get good value to burn those points in NYC?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:45 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
11 Howard has a wonderful location but is a Design Hotel with no elite benefits--so make sure you're OK with that. I would stay at the Gramercy Park Hotel over 11 Howard, personally. And at least the New York Edition nearby has marginally better elite benefits.

That being said, it's only a 10 min taxi/Uber ride from the StR or Chatwal to the area by either of those hotels. (We stayed at the StR in March and had drinks at the Gramercy Park's Rose Bar and had dinner at Eleven Madison Park a few blocks away (and right next to the Edition.)

I would tell you that the St Regis is unquestionably the nicest points hotel on offer in NYC--unless you need a pool, in which case the Park Hyatt can make a case. The service is top drawer. The food/beverage is top drawer. The amenities and bar are top drawer. The butler service is top drawer. The location is good and convenient, even if Midtown isn't my favorite. The decor is plush and truly luxe, even if it isn't our style. The St Regis simply is one of the absolute best hotels in the city and country, regardless.

I would tell you that the Chatwal is my next choice, partly because its service is almost as good as at the StR and because its food/beverage are just as stellar. (I almost always have dinner at the Lambs Club even when I don't stay at the Chatwal, and I often have drinks at the hotel bar--it's another of my favorites.) If you like Art Deco, this is the place to stay.

I've never stayed at the RC properties in NYC, but I have stopped in for drinks and had a meal here or there at them. Especially with the ultimate St Regis available, let alone the Chatwal and the aforementioned Design Hotels, it's hard to imagine I ever would stay at the RC options--barring some amazing deal. You don't get the same elite benefits at a RC or Edition or Design Hotels, so the differences between those may be marginal depending on your priorities.

Good luck!
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum & Gold for life, M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum,
Thanks Bhrubin, I booked the StR, with 5th night free it is just an fantastic deal for just 48K points per night.
By far the best value per point in NYC.
11 Howard is exactly the same amount of points, so should have been a no brainer.
I was just puzzled about the location, as i really enjoy to stay near Soho neighbourhood and I am not really attracted by 5th Avenue.
But I guess I will find some nice spots near StR as well.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:01 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Remcod
Thanks Bhrubin, I booked the StR, with 5th night free it is just an fantastic deal for just 48K points per night.
By far the best value per point in NYC.
11 Howard is exactly the same amount of points, so should have been a no brainer.
I was just puzzled about the location, as i really enjoy to stay near Soho neighbourhood and I am not really attracted by 5th Avenue.
But I guess I will find some nice spots near StR as well.
Good for you! Considering the StR NY normally would cost 90-105K per night, I'd say 48K per night for 5 nights is quite the steal, indeed.

I love SoHo, too. But with the money you're saving to stay in such an amazing hotel, I wouldn't blink at any minor time it takes to take the subway or uber/taxi to get there or back. Heck, we even walked back from lunch at Cosme (near Madison Square Park) to the StR and loved that.

I recommend spending some time in the King Cole Bar at the StR and the bar at the nearby Chatwal. They're amazing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.