Marriott St Kitts [Master Thread]

Old Mar 4, 20, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Is it limited to 2 guests? Or will all the folks in the room (kids) get it?
Old Mar 4, 20, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by filelover View Post
Is it limited to 2 guests? Or will all the folks in the room (kids) get it?
Not sure about that but kids menu at all restaurants are free for ages 4 and under.
Old Apr 15, 20, 11:15 pm

December Trip

Whats the better choice of room, both of which are available for the same amount of points:

Guest Room, 1 King, Resort View, Balcony

or

Guest Room, 1 King, Garden View, Garden Houses, Whirlpool
Old Apr 16, 20, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by avatexrs View Post
Whats the better choice of room, both of which are available for the same amount of points:

Guest Room, 1 King, Resort View, Balcony

or

Guest Room, 1 King, Garden View, Garden Houses, Whirlpool
The only difference is location.
But my preference would be the first one. It is located in the main building and if you get a room high floor near elevator, you will have a great view of ocean and pool.
The garden view are in the outer buildings closer to pool and ocean. Some rooms do not have a patio or balcony.

Currently all hotels on island are closed and sadly I had to cancel our upcoming trip.
qlaval likes this.
Old Feb 23, 21, 11:22 am

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Is this resort now called the Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club?
Old Feb 23, 21, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by jimcoddington View Post
Is this resort now called the Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club?
That is the timeshare part on same property.
Old Feb 23, 21, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie View Post
That is the timeshare part on same property.
Any idea if the timeshare recognizes Marriott Bonvoy Titanium members with any benefits?
Old Feb 23, 21, 11:45 am

[QUOTE=jimcoddington;33056718]Any idea if the timeshare recognizes Marriott Bonvoy Titanium members with any benefits?[/QUOTE

Only thing you get are the welcome points.

But, if rates are about the same, you will get a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit.

Hotel you stand a good chance of getting an upgrade and you can choose breakfast as your welcome gift.
Ask for a room on 5th floor as they are all 1 bedroom suites. They do have some 1 and 2 bedrooms with a kitchenette in the outer buildings if you can get one of those for an upgrade. Great supermarket across street.

Just check Covid protocols before going. Right now you are restricted to property for first 7 days.
Old Feb 23, 21, 12:08 pm

[QUOTE=YoungBubbie;33056761]
Originally Posted by jimcoddington View Post
Any idea if the timeshare recognizes Marriott Bonvoy Titanium members with any benefits?[/QUOTE

Only thing you get are the welcome points.

But, if rates are about the same, you will get a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit.

Hotel you stand a good chance of getting an upgrade and you can choose breakfast as your welcome gift.
Ask for a room on 5th floor as they are all 1 bedroom suites. They do have some 1 and 2 bedrooms with a kitchenette in the outer buildings if you can get one of those for an upgrade. Great supermarket across street.

Just check Covid protocols before going. Right now you are restricted to property for first 7 days.
Great, thank you for the information.

I will be using my timeshare points to exchange there, as usual MVC does not recognize Marriott Bonvoy elite status, it is what it is.

I was going to ask about Covid restrictions. Are you sure that if you are staying at this resort you are confined to the property?
Old Feb 23, 21, 12:23 pm

[QUOTE=jimcoddington;33056834]
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie View Post

Great, thank you for the information.

I will be using my timeshare points to exchange there, as usual MVC does not recognize Marriott Bonvoy elite status, it is what it is.

I was going to ask about Covid restrictions. Are you sure that if you are staying at this resort you are confined to the property?
Thats what it was last time I checked. I have not looked recently.
St Kitts has been doing very well during this pandemic and is listed as a safe country due to their restrictions.

We love it there and are booked for October hoping things will get back to somewhat normal by then.
its just unfortunate that many long time employees took other jobs when they were furloughed while hotel was closed.
Old Feb 23, 21, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Yes St Kitts has extremely strict rules and what you have to do here:
https://www.stkittstourism.kn/travel-advisory-update

You cannot leave resort property. If you stay for longer than 7 days, you are required to test on the island on day 7 at your expense ($150) and then are allowed to participate in a limited amount of approved tours/excursions but still cannot leave properly freely.
You also have to test 24-72hrs prior to departure for $150 to be allowed to go to the airport.

I would imagine that the resort is a ghost town with these restrictions and I strongly suggest contacting the hotel and timeshare property to check what is actually open and offered on site, since there are limited hours and offerings.
Old Jul 1, 21, 2:15 am

has anyone been here in the past couple weeks?
Old Jul 1, 21, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I suggest reading the link I posted above... they recently had a spike on cases and enacted a 'shelter in place' order (ie lockdown) which is still in effect until at least July 11.
Beyond that, the same strict testing and restrictions are still in place for visitors, with the addition that you must have proof of being fully vaccinated to enter the island. Not sure why anyone would want to go there yet, since you'll be restricted to your resort only.

Search this Thread