Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Raleigh Hotel [Master Thread]

Sheraton Raleigh Hotel [Master Thread]

Old Dec 19, 19, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by River in Sight View Post
Any recent updates on this property? Need a one night stay in Raleigh next month - flying into RDU on a Friday evening and heading out first thing Saturday morning to drive to the Jacksonville area to visit a friend. Primary criteria are: on the way from RDU to Jacksonville, and with restaurant options in walking distance. This hotel appears reasonably priced. If there are any recent updates I'd appreciate it.
The downtown properties (marriott city center and sheraton) have a ton of restaurants within walking distance. The Marriott is a hair nicer than the Sheraton IMO.

The sheraton's lounge is small but has better food offerings.

If you just have an overnight and no business in town, you might want to consider the downtown Durham Marriott or something like the AC in Chapel Hill. Both of those also have a lot of really good restaurants within a few blocks (but Raleigh has the most choice IMO).

In Raleigh, I highly recommend Poole's Diner (any of Ashley Christensen's restaurants are really good, https://ac-restaurants.com). Foundation for cocktails, and Big Ed's for breakfast (though I don't think they open early enough for a trip if you've got a first-thing flight).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: