Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Soho NYC [Master Thread]

Four Points Soho NYC [Master Thread]

Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Arrow Four Points Soho NYC [Master Thread]

It's about time!

Press release

Hotel homepage

Category 5.
No pets.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Looking forward to checking it out this weekend.

TIP: As is often the case with SPG.bomb, please CALL reservations, I was able to book this property with cash & points via the Plat Desk even though the website said no dice.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
(Accurate) Location info

SOHO and 4 Points. Now theres a contradiction.

This neighborhood is 'fringe' Greenwich Village/Tribecca. This neighborhood is not SOHO (not even close).

Some might say this location is 'industrial'.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
First Impressions

Check in:
- I called ahead to make sure they were actually open, they are. ^ Reservation confirmed. She said I had a "very nice" room.
- Desk agent very nice, but a little confused as expected.
- Given Gold key jacket
- When asked why no Plat Key jacket or amenity choice, he double checked and came back with the choice of a movie or 250 points (Chelsea gives 600 points)
- Radioed to have someone double check my room was avail/ready.
- Assigned a high floor corner room. ^

Room:
I like it. Snug, but had much worse in NYC. There is ample room for a desk w/work chair and reading chair. ^
- Amazing views from set of windows on one wall, slice of views from vertical windows on each side of bed. ^^
- 32" flat screen LG tv on wall with beige pattern wallpaper. ^
- Bed tray/laptop/book holder had a note from GM welcoming.
- Windows on one wall above ac/heat unit. bottom strip of those open!
- Vertical windows also open, have screens. ^
- iPod charger/speaker thing at bedside table ^
- 2 bottles of water with one-shot Starbucks coffee & coco + tazo tea
- desk has built in powerstrip
- NO MINI BAR ^
- Lots of power outlets
- Door is silver, coated metal material.
- Weak wifi signal, but also has ethernet cord (both free) ^

Bathroom:
I like it,
- Modern sink with contemporary brushed stainless faucet on an exposed stand
- Shelf below sink has basket with Hair Dryer, Slippers and extra T.P.
- Row of bright halogen lights provides ample light, and not the harsh cheapo bulbs some Four Points are known for.
- Shower/tub combo has black marble tile, bowed curtain rod, contemporary brushed stainless shower controls/showerhead. Not the pre-fab beige units some older FP's have.
- Same black tile on floor, with grey/white wallpaper
- Decent size stainless shelf in shower to put your stuff
- Crappy Faux Caswell-Massey amenities (made in China) + Scope Mouthwash ^ + mini bottle of Purell Hand Sanitizer + loofah wash thingy (this must be an SPG floor!)

After getting to room, I received a knock from hotel staff to make sure room is ok, and everything is working. I ask if i'm the first person to stay in this room and he says "yes". Cool. Impressed that I can't find anything missing/not working.

It looks like a new generation Four Points is supposed to. Very similar floor/lobby layout as FP Chelsea, but decor/furnishings brighter and bathrooms much more thought out and quality hardware than FP Chelsea.

I'll update about 'hood and hotel service later on. So far so good!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Soho my arse! And a cat. 5? No thanks.

Maybe if they do some great weekend promos I can do a mattress run later this year without crossing the river. But I'm not holding my breath.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 9:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
nroscoe - Pictures? You know BlissWorld and I love pretty pictures.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:10 am

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold
Originally Posted by notsosmart
Maybe if they do some great weekend promos I can do a mattress run later this year without crossing the river. But I'm not holding my breath.
i was thinking the same thing so i plugged in some dates to check out rates... $595 for a random tuesday night in september. and $325 for a random weekend night. there would have to be some really awesome weekend promos to make a mattress run worth it!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 7:09 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
My take on Soho Four Points

Stying here for a flyertalk get together.
Check in was confused but friendly-got some flak about "check in is at 3"when I tried to check in at 1(after a long series of flights and a very long bus/subway ride) but when the perky FDM checked (after a little urging on my part) she found my room had been pre blocked -she just needed a housekeeping ok that it was ready.I went to get some lunch after dropping my bags.room was ready when I came back.

My room on the 15th floor with a nice view of some of the great NYC land marks-and many of the industrial buildings nearby.Upgrade is to the SPG floor but no corner room or suite for me.

Room is small-but not closet sized and very well laid out.As I am the first occupant everything is new-except for hand rolled ciggie/joint butt left on the carpet .Room is pretty much as described above by Nroscoe except my room is smaller.I find the shower(shower only in my room) uncomfortably narrow but for a normal size person it would be fine.

A nap was out of the question as housekeeping seems to be having a rodeo in the rooms next to mine.

the area is interesting-if in change.Looked for something to eat last night after a party-nothing except a McD's open.

In Summery I like the property but would not pay the crazy rates they are looking to get now-other/better choices in better hotels for the same/less pice.

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; Sep 13, 2008 at 7:17 am
Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Originally Posted by dhammer53
SOHO and 4 Points. Now theres a contradiction.
How about 4 points and launching as cat 5!
Old Sep 24, 2008, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was looking to try this property next time I'm in NYC, but there seems to be some dissonance here. From the website:
Hot Spot. In the heart of the trendy, bustling lifestyle of SoHo, Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village is surrounded by lots of great shops, eateries, clubs, and more. We’re also within minutes of the Holland Tunnel, subway, financial center, Chinatown, and Little Italy.
Speaking of food, is McDonald's the only thing in the area? Google maps doesn't return much at all.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by hillrider
I was looking to try this property next time I'm in NYC, but there seems to be some dissonance here. From the website:

Speaking of food, is McDonald's the only thing in the area? Google maps doesn't return much at all.
Everything in Manhattan is a subway/taxi ride away! Unless you are planning on eating in your room...
Old Sep 24, 2008, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred

You could take a quick walk to the village, Eastern Soho or a quick cab ride down to Tribeca.

IIRC, there are plenty of restaurants on Varick or Spring street. Blue Ribbon Bakery, AquaGrill, Fiamma and Dani are all within walking distance.

I would suggest a visit to the New York City forum for further inquiries.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tons within a few short blocks away: Starbucks, an amazing chocolate store, a Dunkin Donuts right around the corner, a deli next to it, a post office 1 block away, 2 different Subway lines, quick walk into SoHo with all its cool restaurants and shops. I honestly think this is one of the better located Starwood props in NYC. I will definitely be staying there again.

(But you need a room on the top 4 floors because they have add'l windows on the East/West side of the bldg, otherwise it's not much of a view on the lower floors.)
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
I lived in Soho for a few years. I wouldn't have considered that address to be in Soho. But, the other posters are correct that it isn't far to restaurants. One question for the guests: Do you get the noise from all the backed up traffic trying to get into the Holland Tunnel? You'd definitely get it on some streets like Varick.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Since I was deemed unworthy of an upgrade and was on a lower floor I will say the traffic noise was very noticeable-but nowhere as loud as the door slamming and high volume chatter of the housekeeping staff.

As noted above-lots of good eats three blocks in almost any direction.
However-nothing in the immediate vicinity of the hotel It was late,I had been up for 39 hours at that point,wanted food NOW-out of luck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.