Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2008, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by QF009
Heard some of the plans for the launch party, unfortunately I've been specifically told not to reveal 'em publicly but suffice to say - it'd be the most glamourous, flashiest, and naughtiest W launch party ever.
That sounds intriguing. I'm especially interested in the last bit!
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA, WN, SPG, UA
Anyone know if there are any rooms with 2 twin or 2 queen beds?
Old Oct 7, 2008, 5:57 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
Does this W participate in the Acura promotion, or is that confined to the US properties?
Old Oct 7, 2008, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Sydneysider
Does this W participate in the Acura promotion, or is that confined to the US properties?
Do Acuras even exist outside of the US?
Old Oct 7, 2008, 10:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I am trying to decide what to do as a Platinum. I will start my stay at the Landmark MO in a deluxe room (through Amex FHR—not sure how they upgrade here). Was considering moving to the Sheraton Towers after a day at the Landmark, but now think I will either stay at the Landmark or move to the W in a Fabulous Room for a couple of days hoping for an upgrade.

The rooms in both hotels seem about the same size. The HK Island location of the Landmark is more convenient for me though.

How is the W shaping up? Platinum upgrade success and treatment?

Any suggestions, especially if have stayed at any of the above very recently?

The W will be a little bit cheaper, but most important I want a great stay.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 11:42 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Sydneysider
Hi all

Does anything care to enlighten me on what an Acura promotion is about?

I tried a google search and some contact lenses promotion came out...

[email protected]
Old Oct 7, 2008, 11:48 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi all

Does anything care to enlighten me on what an Acura promotion is about?

I tried a google search and some contact lenses promotion came out...

[email protected]
The Acura Experience is basically town car service from the hotel. From what I have seen at the W Lakeshore and the W San Francisco the service is good within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. The service is free, but not 24 hours. Looking at the page below it looks like it's only available in the US.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotel...ura_Experience
Old Oct 8, 2008, 6:39 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by kluau88
Looking at the page below it looks like it's only available in the US.
Would have been nice to have a service like that elsewhere.. but I don't think the W luxury image will be viewed favorably alongside with Honda, as people in Asia usually associate European cars with luxury...
Old Oct 8, 2008, 9:08 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by kluau88
The Acura Experience is basically town car service from the hotel. From what I have seen at the W Lakeshore and the W San Francisco the service is good within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. The service is free, but not 24 hours. Looking at the page below it looks like it's only available in the US.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotel...ura_Experience
Dear kluau88,

Thank you!

[email protected]
Old Oct 10, 2008, 5:55 am

I've updated my trip report with my experience at the W Hong Kong:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=37
(warning: long, lots of pics)
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:39 pm

We checked in late this evening (Saturday) and was upgraded to a corner room on the 23rd floor (we're staying on points). I think guest rooms begin on 16th floor. The room is decent sized for Hong Kong standards. Ok view of part of the harbour, the rest is blocked by other tall buildings.

Edited to add: The location to the hotel was not very noticeable. I was coming from the Airport Express off Kowloon station and had to ask several people for directions. I have noted other posters about the lack of knowledge about the location by cab drivers and will probably just direct them to the elements mall.

The tub is big/deep enough and has a window looking out to part of the harbour/building. There is a separate shower area (small) beside the tub along with its own shower head (rectangular-shaped) and also a facuet directly above you - neat to have water coming at you from two different angles at the same time.

We love the bed! One of the most comfortable we've experienced at any hotel property.

"Michael" was very helpful in explaining the room amenities to us.

The safe has an outlet to charge your laptop when its locked inside - pretty neat.

Btw, we called the Whatever/Whenever line from our room and it took several attempts to get through to somebody after ringing for about a minute - I guess it must be very busy at the hotel tonight.

Departing on Tuesday - Will report back if there is anything unusual or has not been covered by previous posts.

Last edited by doesun; Oct 11, 2008 at 12:48 pm Reason: add'l info
Old Oct 17, 2008, 8:16 pm

Ok. I am torn now after reading this W and Sheraton, first timer to hongkong. Am a low gold member and will be redeeming points. Both hotels are cat 5. Bringing my wife and 2 young ones with me this time. Will be staying for 10 days in hkg so probably split the stay?

I am leaning sheraton and do the upgrade to get the harbour view. what do y'all think ?
Old Oct 17, 2008, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by sparkzone
Ok. I am torn now after reading this W and Sheraton, first timer to hongkong. Am a low gold member and will be redeeming points. Both hotels are cat 5. Bringing my wife and 2 young ones with me this time. Will be staying for 10 days in hkg so probably split the stay?

I am leaning sheraton and do the upgrade to get the harbour view. what do y'all think ?
I just was in HKG 2 weeks ago and stayed in the IC HKG on Salisbury Rd, and the Grand Hyatt HKG - both great hotels, with much better views than the W.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
OK, FT gurus...so, the quintessential question for me as a Platinum for a 2 night stay in mid-November, would you stay at the W for 12,000 points/night, and hope for a suite upgrade, but no club lounge/breakfast, etc., or stay at the Sheraton Towers for 14,500 points/night with a guaranteed Towers room (which I've stayed at previously and like)?
Old Oct 19, 2008, 1:48 am

Just had lunch again at the Kitchen, and I was glad to see that they had lowered their prices by about 20% since I ate there when the hotel first opened... was told that the prices in Fire was also recently lowered, but not sure by how much...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.