Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin New York at Times Square, NY, 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin New York at Times Square, NY, 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AC, VIPorter, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Oy!
Standard room rates do not include the hotel’s mandatory Destination Feee of 25 USD per room per night, plus local and state taxes. This destination fee includes:
Premium High Speed Internet Access
Complimentary local, long-distance, and international calls
15 USD food and beverage credit per room per day
15 USD laundry credit per room per day
One yoga class at a local studio per room per day
Choice of Strayboots walking tour and scavenger hunt app download (two per room per day), or Citi Bike passes (two per room per day)
Just a note that the F&B credit is now $25 and Platinum members (Gold too, I think) automatically get 500 extra points to compensate for the fact that the "destination fee" includes internet which should already be complimentary. (This is in addition to the normal Platinum amenity points). That being said, the $25 F&B credit was only enough to cover a single cocktail ($18) plus tax and tip. Also, strangely, the extra 500 points were posted to my account a week after all the other points from the stay, which is a bit annoying.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CP@YOW
Just a note that the F&B credit is now $25 and Platinum members (Gold too, I think) automatically get 500 extra points to compensate for the fact that the "destination fee" includes internet which should already be complimentary. (This is in addition to the normal Platinum amenity points). That being said, the $25 F&B credit was only enough to cover a single cocktail ($18) plus tax and tip. Also, strangely, the extra 500 points were posted to my account a week after all the other points from the stay, which is a bit annoying.
Thanks for the update.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
As a Platinum, I did NOT get an additional 500 extra points for the destination fee covering the internet which is to be free. I picked the breakfast as my Plat. amenity so naturally NO 500 points there and definitely NO 500 additional points for anything else! With what description were the 500 points for the destination fee credited to your account?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by christianj
As a Platinum, I did NOT get an additional 500 extra points for the destination fee covering the internet which is to be free. I picked the breakfast as my Plat. amenity so naturally NO 500 points there and definitely NO 500 additional points for anything else! With what description were the 500 points for the destination fee credited to your account?
It said: PROPERTY PROMO FOR SPG
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
It said: PROPERTY PROMO FOR SPG
You sure that is not a property specific promo which awards 500 points per night during the timeframe that you stayed there and has nothing to do with the destination fee internet? I got that and it was 1000 points and I stayed 2 nights. I think it was called SPG Great Weeks/Grand Weekends Promo but I may be mistaken.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
You sure that is not a property specific promo which awards 500 points per night during the timeframe that you stayed there and has nothing to do with the destination fee internet? I got that and it was 1000 points and I stayed 2 nights. I think it was called SPG Great Weeks/Grand Weekends Promo but I may be mistaken.
No, that promo posted as GREAT WEEKS GRAND WKNDS 500 and ended April 15, prior to my stay at the Westin Times Square. I believe it was 500 per stay, not per night (although all my stays were 1 night so I'm not sure). And the 500 points started with the second stay, so if you had no other stays at participating properties that would be why you didn't get it.

The destination fee credit is 500 per night (because the fee is charged per night), so your 1,000 points makes sense.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Any recent stays here by Platinum Premier members (or whatever you want to call it now)? Thinking about booking this hotel in February but would love to hear about upgrades, what the resort fee covers, etc. Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:07 pm

Parking

If a rate here includes "Stay Park and Play - Rate includes Complimentary Valet Parking per night for 24 Hour Period Restricted to In and Out Privileges", is that unlimited in and out for 24 hours? Normally that's what In and Out privileges mean but im confused that it says its restricted to that
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:02 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
My guess based on NYC garage policies in general is that you don't have any in and out privileges, but it is poorly worded. Have you called them?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If someone has stayed here post 8/18 - can you report back on breakfast so I can update the exec lounge sticky? Thx!

Cheers.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If someone has stayed here post 8/18 - can you report back on breakfast so I can update the exec lounge sticky? Thx!

Cheers.
I got a breakfast voucher for the buffet at the restaurant. I didn't ask if I can use it as a room service. As a titanium, the destination fee gives me extra $25 credit for a drink on top of the $30 food credit but for some reason, the drink credit was used to cover my room bill.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
The destination fee is now $30. One is limited to $30 in spending credit per day, but it seems flexible. The buffet breakfast, which will win no prizes, is $32.95 a day, plus tax and tip. My room was large and incredibly quiet. The bed, of course, is heavenly. It's why I stay there. I had very little interaction with staff, but it was all pleasant. The elevators provide a quick ride and there is rarely a wait. So my report is pretty positive...but six dollars for a fountain cola in the Foundry with no free refills? I went for the tap water after that.
BTW, Gold Elite and higher members get a five dollar Starbucks card. You had to read all the way down on the destination fee list to see it. Also, I agree with the poster above who was annoyed by the tour bus people hawking tickets. They are everywhere around the Westin.

Last edited by Scott Kiwi; Oct 23, 2019 at 7:00 am Reason: add
Old Sep 3, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
What is the current breakfast benefit?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 7:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by seacarl
What is the current breakfast benefit?
I had a friend who was visiting nyc last week and stayed there, it’s a full breakfast buffet: specialty eggs, pancakes, waffles, fresh fruit, juice, smoked salmon, pastries. Really solid offering.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Quick question — the destination fee of $30 per day which gives you the $30 spend credit …can this be used in addition to the elite breakfast? So can I pick the elite breakfast and use the $30 credit for breakfast for my kid in the room?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.