Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobOnLI
The free bus zone at LHR was ended in 2021. All buses charge a local fare now which is still half off the usual Hoppa rate (or more). Take bus 105, 111 or 140 down Bath Road to get to most Marriott properties at LHR.

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam...d_Heathrow.pdf
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by ccengct
Stayed at the LHR Marriott last night and was pleased to see that room renovation is underway. Some completed rooms are now available on the 4th floor. Decor and furnishings are quite similar to the renovation project at the Marriott Regents Park, except that the desk is retained.

No indication yet of renovations to the ground floor of the LHR Marriott, such as the woefully undersized lounge.
I've had 2 stays there since January and the renovations are great. Among other things they tore up that hideous red swirl carpeting and replaced it with a nice neutral design. I took pics and later I'll post them - you remember that on the inside of the elevator doors are large pictures of the new rooms and conference spaces. I snapped pics of those too.

I asked the manager about expanding the lounge and renovating the entire lobby (which IMHO has a lot of wasted space and uncomfortable and weird seating). They are doing both.

Twice on the last trip in the lounge, 3 weeks ago I had to take a plate and beverage and sit in the adjacent business center. Not the best thing to do but I didn't want to go into the lobby. That was due to a group of ~15 fellow Americans - but slob tourists - that consumed half the seating, guzzled the free wine and beer and were there for at least an hour. And left trash, plates, bottles and other garbage on the tables for the sole hostess to deal with so when they did leave it took her 15 minutes to clean up after them. If the place was bigger it would not be as obvious, but OT - there is NO way the entire mob was Gold or above or bought up for access. Guesting excesses have been a problem there before.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Can someone please post, or PM to me, an email address for the Marriott Heathrow? (preferably the GM, but anything will do).

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by AATrout
Twice on the last trip in the lounge, 3 weeks ago I had to take a plate and beverage and sit in the adjacent business center. Not the best thing to do but I didn't want to go into the lobby. That was due to a group of ~15 fellow Americans - but slob tourists - that consumed half the seating, guzzled the free wine and beer and were there for at least an hour. And left trash, plates, bottles and other garbage on the tables for the sole hostess to deal with so when they did leave it took her 15 minutes to clean up after them. If the place was bigger it would not be as obvious, but OT - there is NO way the entire mob was Gold or above or bought up for access. Guesting excesses have been a problem there before.
Is the door lock working yet? When I was their in April anyone could just walk in.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just a note for anyone booking in the Heathrow area : several Bonvoy hotels have attractive bonus-points rates on certain nights at the moment, eg at the Sheraton Heathrow :

Standard Room :
embers Bonus Points in London, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking, 3000 Bonus Points per stay Ł75

Club Room :
Members Bonus Points in London, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking, 5000 Bonus Points per stay Ł101

These rates are available online only, not on the app.
kilo likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just a note for anyone booking in the Heathrow area : several Bonvoy hotels have attractive bonus-points rates on certain nights at the moment, eg at the Sheraton Heathrow :

Standard Room :
embers Bonus Points in London, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking, 3000 Bonus Points per stay Ł75

Club Room :
Members Bonus Points in London, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking, 5000 Bonus Points per stay Ł101

Thanks for the heads up. What dates were you looking at? I tried searching for the dates I need but found no rates with bonus points and all rates were north of Ł120

Last edited by puchong; Apr 30, 2019 at 7:37 pm
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by puchong
Thanks for the heads up. What dates were you looking at? I tried searching for the dates I need but found no rates with bonus points and all rates were north of Ł120
I think OxonFlyer's point was to check online rates rather than relying on the app, as online shows more options than the app.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer

Standard Room :

Club Room :

Thanks for pointing this out. I see it is a London-wide promotion not just LHR. The rates are generally lower than the standard rates so in some circumstances makes sense to book these
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Which of the 5 Bonvoy hotels at Heathrow airport have lounges, and which are the best/worst ?
I know the moxy doesn't have one, but do both Sheratons, the Marriott and the Reniassance all have lounges ?

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jun 18, 2019 at 12:47 am
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Reniassance have lounge for sure and it faces runaway, so it's a great place to watch planes. Only a few things available as self-service, drinks, sweets, etc. Everything else you have to order from staff. I personaly prefer self service places. I stayed on Friday night, spent there 3h and it wasn't overcrowded.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Both of the Sheratons have lounges. The Skyline is nicer IMO.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Which of the Bonvoy hotels is easiest for getting to the airport?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Isochronous
The Marriott and Renaissance are very convenient to the free bus.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Also which terminal are you flying to/from please?

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I'll add to the poster above who said Marriott and Renaissance...the Sheraton Skyline is also very convenient (and next door to the Marriott). As an aside, I always stay at the Marriott or Skyline (whichever is cheaper) as the Skyline has a nice pool and a good indian restaurant. Marriott has nicer rooms and a better lounge. Sheraton rooms are perfectly fine and the lounge is fine hence I just stay at whatever is cheaper.

Another advantage of both, is an easy walk to the Pheasant Inn and Restaurant which is really quite excellent!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Also which terminal are you flying to/from please?

Regards

TBS
Arriving in T5 on BA, then staying overnight and flying out on SQ (which I believe is T2, one I have never used before)

Originally Posted by dcstudent
I'll add to the poster above who said Marriott and Renaissance...the Sheraton Skyline is also very convenient (and next door to the Marriott). As an aside, I always stay at the Marriott or Skyline (whichever is cheaper) as the Skyline has a nice pool and a good indian restaurant. Marriott has nicer rooms and a better lounge. Sheraton rooms are perfectly fine and the lounge is fine hence I just stay at whatever is cheaper.

Another advantage of both, is an easy walk to the Pheasant Inn and Restaurant which is really quite excellent!
For my dates:

Renaissance is GBP 72
Sheraton Skyline is GBP 80
Marriott Heathrow is GBP 114
Sheraton Heathrow is GBP 73
Moxy Heathrow is GBP 68

If Skyline has a nice pool etc then I'd be tempted to use that. Which one is also more convenient for taking public transport into the city?

I hold Plat so elite treatment also relevant to the equation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.