Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobOnLI
The free bus zone at LHR was ended in 2021. All buses charge a local fare now which is still half off the usual Hoppa rate (or more). Take bus 105, 111 or 140 down Bath Road to get to most Marriott properties at LHR.

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam...d_Heathrow.pdf
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Old Jun 19, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by GrizShel
How late in the evening do the buses to and from LHR run?
Do not know specific timing, however, I have taken the bus from LHR to the Marriotts at 22:00 and returned shortly after 5:00.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 9:08 am

The 285 and 111 buses run 24 hours - frequency is 2 an hour each between midnight and 5am although they are timed fairly close together, at least from LHR.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: Continental Plat/MM, Marriott Gold
Just spent a night at the LHR Renaissance and probably won't go back. As mentioned previously it was (by far) the least expensive of the Marriott's near LHR. The age of the hotel wasn't a problem for me as it seemed well maintained but could use a renovation. My problem was with the service, comfort, concierge and concierge lounge:
- Concierge is either uniformed or lied about the buses. Upon arriving at LHR I tried to use the Hoppa bus. A Hoppa driver on another route said there was some kind of traffic accident and the buses were running very late (Hoppa is another topic). After an hour I called the hotel concierge looking for alternatives who told me the only alternative was a taxi. Not having much local currency I waited and it took more than 2hrs to get the the hotel. Turns out, as mentioned in this thread the local buses would have taken me there for free but the concierge didn't tell me this. I learned when checking in and bumping into someone else who was waiting with me who took the red bus, was there for an hour!
- Terrible bed. I had a nice (location) runway view room on the concierge floor. I travel a lot and the mattress was one of the worst and was like sleeping on a spring with a hump in the middle. I didn't checked the bed until bed time and didn't want to try and change rooms at that late hour. It seemed as old as the hotel.
- Concierge lounge was sub par. Snacks were limited to a small basket of pre-packaged cookies, crackers etc. Soft drinks were warm in the refrigerator that didn't seem to work well. Nice coffee machine with Starbucks coffee but no cups and no attendant. Visited the city and returned at 9pm and all there was to snack on was a small plate with a few slices of cake and a few cookies. Attendant was there this time, still no coffee cups and she didn't seem to care about doing anything other than playing on the computer. Breakfast the next morning wasn't bad and more typical of what's seen elsewhere. Still the service was lacking. I tried to print my boarding pass. There were 2 computers, one marked connected to the printer, the other marked not connected. I used the one marked connected and it wouldn't print. I played around for about 10 minutes, checked the printer then finally ask the attendant if it works. She says yes and walks up and smugly says to use the computer marked NOT connected to printer. I show her the labels and she had the deer in headlights stare like I was stupid for reading the signs.

Use this hotel for the price and don't expect much more. Waiting for 2hrs at the airport when there was an alternative really pissed me off!

Last edited by qlabdad; Nov 14, 2009 at 7:59 am
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:50 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I stayed at the Renaissance a week ago on an overnight connection at Heathrow. My experience matches those of recent posters here. The hotel is dated. It's a huge layout, and I had an extremely long walk between my room and the lifts. Front desk staff probably took my "high floor, far from elevator" preference too seriously. Executive lounge spread in the evening was laughably poor. I went down to the bar instead and enjoyed a fine steak sandwich. Overall I felt the room wasn't worth what I paid for it, though nicer places like the Marriott were at least 50% more expensive so probably almost everything is overpriced to me right now.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:04 am

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
REN LHR was my base for the past couple of months - echo previous posters in that its the cheap option (getting 79 a night) and it shows. So dont expect too much!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&M Senator, MR Gold, HH Gold
Stayed at Marriott Heathrow for 20 nights in December 2010, with four different rooms, rate around 135. Very positive feedback

- I was consistently upgraded to Exec floor as a Gold.
- Very good executive lounge, with good food supplies especially.
- Very good fitness centre, with pool, sauna and steam room. It is open to outsiders but never was too crowded.
- Comfortable rooms with typical Marriott beds.
- Food options from hotel restaurants or room service was good.

On the negative sides:
- Had regular issues with room service not answering or delivering with 45-60 minutes delays. To be fair, they warned me about it when ordering.
- Limited view, especially compared to the Renaissance, but it's an airport hotel anyway...
Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Just checked in for 2 days.

I took the free bus from Heathrow. I took 111, but 105, 140 also go past the hotel. Stands 19-20 are the stands you want to pick up the bus at Central Bus Station. The bus stops across the street from the Ren, about 50 yards away from the intersection.

The lobby area has been renovated & is quite nice. Also, there is now a full-blown Starbucks off of the lobby, including with cafe tables. The Starbucks opened recently.

The front desk was quite friendly & cheerful. They asked me if I would like a glass of orange juice or sparkling wine while I was checking in, which is new since the last time I was here. I took the sparkling wine & it actually was ok.

This is one of the few hotels I take the gift vs the points because they do a nice cheese & biscuits tray (3 types of cheese, fresh fruit, crackers) & they give you a 1/2 bottle of French red wine if you go w/ the wine. If I'm not super hungry, it's fine as a snack/dinner. It came up about 15 minutes after I got to the room.

My rate included free internet, but I would get it as a Platinum anyway. They give you a VIP Login Pass for the wireless. When you're connecting look for Global Suite to connect to, and then put in the code.

I'm on the 3rd floor facing Bath Road (think I'm over the hotel entrance). Room is small, but I'm used to that. Room has bathrobe. There is a tea maker in the room, along w/ tea. The minibar is empty/closed, but there's a sign that you can call room service if you want minibar options & they'll bring it up. Bathroom has shampoo, conditioner, bath gel & body lotion, soap bars, and q-tips & cotton balls. Room also has a trouser press & in-room safe.

They gave me the hours of the exec lounge for food, and mentioned that booze is free. Exec lounge evening offerings. Based on dif reports I was expecting it to be eh or minimal. Not so! They had lamb casserole, fusilli w/ tomato sauce, cummin rice, fresh veggies w/ dip, cabbage salad, garden salad, chick peas, as well as some nice pastries for dessert. People were definitely making dinner out of the offerings. There's an attendant that goes around asking if you'd like wine or beer & brings it to you. They keep it in the kitchen rather than out. The soft drinks are in the small fridge.

Cheers.

They also mentioned they're going to start doing room renovations hopefully starting in March, but due to $$ and that the hotel has 650 rooms it will take a while.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Feb 16, 2011 at 2:09 pm
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Would someone PM the email address of the GM at Marriott London Heathrow Bath Rd?

Thanks
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:54 pm

Would this be the recommended Marriott brand for staying close to LHR?

Or is the Renaissance better?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:22 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi tasnam,

The Marriott is better than the Renaissance, as the Renaissance is getting a bit dated (although they have started gradual updates)

The Renaissance has 2 redeeming features:
- prices tend to be (quite a bit) lower than the Marriott
- their concierge lounge has a wonderful view of a LHR runway

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:06 am

Thanks Genevaflyer.

This actually changes my mind. I was thinking of the Ren. but will book Marriott for sure.

Can you (or anyone else) PM the GM email?

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by tasnam
Thanks Genevaflyer.

This actually changes my mind. I was thinking of the Ren. but will book Marriott for sure.

Can you (or anyone else) PM the GM email?

Thanks
Don't know it. Probably usual Marriott email nomenclature.

I don't stay at the Marriott for the reasons GenevaFlyer mentioned - lower rates at Ren & fabulous views of runway from the exec lounge. Plus they opened up the lounge on the weekends & also beefed up the offerings to basically meals at the Ren.

Trip report here w/ pics:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ce+Trip+Report

The Marriott is newer than the Ren, so some prefer it for that reason. They're close to each other on Bath Road.

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
It's definitely a personal choice but, traveling by myself, I would stay at the Ren over the FS Marriott.

A few other points in the plus category for Ren :

* Exec lounge on top floor so can walk there without taking elevator. Unless it has changed, Marriott has their exec lounge on lobby floor so have to take elevator down/up each time.

* Have people mentioned prices? :-) Can almost always get a room at a good price.

* Room is small but, surprisingly, cozy for me. I request a runway view and almost always get it.

* Fairly quick walk into Sipson to a great pub : King William IV

Now, if I were staying with my family, I would probably grab a room at the FS Marriott as they are definitely bigger.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
the Renaissance is getting a bit dated
I would say that this is an understatement. I generally like Marriotts but would prefer that this specific property would be torn down (and maybe rebuilt). Can't imagine renovation would work for this Ren.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by tsastor
I would say that this is an understatement. I generally like Marriotts but would prefer that this specific property would be torn down (and maybe rebuilt). Can't imagine renovation would work for this Ren.
Can't imagine why you'd say renovation wouldn't work. The lobby's already been renovated. The rooms are definitely dated; that's been reported on this (and other) thread. They're going to start on rooms (although renovation will not be able to alter the size of the rooms, which are small/cozy).

I've never been to a hotel that renovation doesn't work, so find it a strange comment.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.