Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobOnLI
The free bus zone at LHR was ended in 2021. All buses charge a local fare now which is still half off the usual Hoppa rate (or more). Take bus 105, 111 or 140 down Bath Road to get to most Marriott properties at LHR.

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam...d_Heathrow.pdf
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by njshawn
I assume you are from the UK with the "s" in generalization. I was not trying to offend anyone, I love the UK and have spent most of the last 2 years working there. The one area I have never grown to like is the food. I have eaten as far south as Bournemouth and as far north as Newcastle and have not enjoyed many meals.
LOL! Yes I am indeed from the UK but not offended in the slightest
Old Aug 16, 2008, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by mickeypops

Wth regards to buses, especially if going to T1,2, and 3 - don't waste money on the Hoppa service. It only goes every 20 minutes or worse, whereas the public buses outside the hotel and 30 yards to the left, go to LHR central all the time. Any bus that comes along - with the exception of the 222 service - is headed for the airport and you will not wait more than one or two minutes. And it's free. There are 24/7 services as well. Free buses from across the road will take you to Hatton Cross (free) for easy connectivity with the Underground (services 285, 555, 556, 557) and the 285 goes to Feltham Railway Station for access to the London Overground network (bus is not free - currently Ł2 cash; cheaper with an Oyster card.) It's worth noting also that there are 24 hour bus services from central London, in case you're caught there after the Underground has shut.
How long does it take to get from the Renaissance to downtown London?

Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by back seat
How long does it take to get from the Renaissance to downtown London?

Thanks
I generally allow around 60 minutes to take the "free red bus", walk to the LHR Piccadilly Line Tube station, and ride the Tube to say South Kensington or Green Park where you can transfer to other underground lines. Assumes using an Oyster Card for the Tube to avoid ticket purchase queues as there is usually a healthy line at the LHR Tube station.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Melville
I generally allow around 60 minutes to take the "free red bus", walk to the LHR Piccadilly Line Tube station, and ride the Tube to say South Kensington or Green Park where you can transfer to other underground lines. Assumes using an Oyster Card for the Tube to avoid ticket purchase queues as there is usually a healthy line at the LHR Tube station.
60min is about right, maybe a bit less, but definitely don't get the free bus to the LHR station - instead get the free bus going the other direction, and go to Hatton Cross station. Much shorter journey (going to the LHR station involves going through the airport tunnel, with associated traffic almost any time of the day) and much less walking overall - the bus leaves you directly at the station.

The bus journey from the Ren to Hatton Cross is usually 10min or so.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 6:55 am

Ren LHR

I liked the free book exchange they had at this hotel when I stayed about two years ago. A HUGE variety of books to take, including a number of guidebooks, in every imaginable language. Be a good guest and leave your leftover books there as well.

A note about the HOPPA bus. Our family got on, thinking it was free, only to be hit with the fare. AVOID.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by star_world
60min is about right, maybe a bit less, but definitely don't get the free bus to the LHR station - instead get the free bus going the other direction, and go to Hatton Cross station. Much shorter journey (going to the LHR station involves going through the airport tunnel, with associated traffic almost any time of the day) and much less walking overall - the bus leaves you directly at the station.

The bus journey from the Ren to Hatton Cross is usually 10min or so.
Thanks star_world for the suggestion to go to Hatton Cross. I will give that journey a try the next time. ^
Old Aug 21, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Just got back from a 10 day stay so feel free to ask any questions.

My overall impresssions:

* Rooms are quite small, but comfortable.
* Windows are surprisingly good and keep most of the aircraft noise out of the room
* Why on earth are the irons tied to the ironing board? It's a Renaissance, are people really stealing the irons? This made for quite difficult ironing most days.
* Agree with others about giving 60 minutes to get to Central London. I tried a variety of ways and none were really better or worse. Just DO NOT pay for the Hoppa Bus if you are staying here.
* Three Magpies, a "pub" about 5 minutes walk away, really isn't bad and much better than the hotel restaurant/bar.
* Definitely not the best club I have been to in a Marriott/Renaissance. Breakfast was ok, but no hot eggs and no hard boiled eggs either. Evening appetizers were definitely a bit of a joke. Small things on a spoon and one hot item. After day three, I didn't even bother to look.
* 15 pounds for internet is high, even for UK standards.
* Business Center is quite expensive as well. Hope you don't need to use it.

Overall, it was ok. Can't really recommend it nor can I say it was horrible. As a MR member, it fit the bill and gave me ten nights at a reasonable rate. That said, I won't run back to stay there again.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Dawgman....

I generally agree with your impressions. I'd add a couple of things....

First of all, I would recommend it, but conditionally. Its not a good choice for leisure travel. But if you need to park yourself at the airport for an early morning flight or whatever, its perfectly fine...and the price is right....at least by London standards.

I think you're spot-on in your descriptions of the hotel itself, but I had a couple of issues with the place. First, I found it odd that a major international hotel airport doesn't provide electrical outlet converters in the room (of course you can find plenty in the gift shop...at higher-than-usual prices). Secondly, I was disappointed with the staffs' (plural) enthusiastic promotion of the HOPPA bus service, while totally neglecting to mention the free (and better) alternative.

Finally, "Three Magpies" has been panned in other threads here, but the atmosphere and surroundings are pleasant, so hopefully this means the quality of the food and service have improved. If not, there's always the very excellent "Pheasant" a couple of blocks away.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:49 pm

Just chiming in to add that, coming from LHR, the name of the free-zone bus stop in front of the hotel is called "New Road." Just listen for the announcement and keep an eye on the LED signboard.

To return to LHR, walk past the Sheraton to the next light, cross the street, and the name of the stop is called "Harlington."

Timed myself this past Sunday morning, from stepping out of the hotel with laptop and roll-aboard in tow, to catching the bus across the street, to arriving at LHR, took < 15 minutes ^ (YMMV).
Old Oct 17, 2008, 9:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

OT: Any special event

Hi,

Just curious, is there any special event going on around 12 Nov in the Heathrow area? Normally I can get quite a good rate at this place but I just checked out some hotels around LHR at that time and all rates have escalated high up..

I don't think it is because of a weekday, as I had rates as cheap as 59 pounds before..

Just curious..if this remains, any other cheaper options?

Thanks..

Old Oct 17, 2008, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
nldogbert, you have a PM.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Lounge is pathetic. Be prepared to hike to your room. Nice pub nearby--sorry, but I don't remember the name.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: CO Platinum,AA GOLD,HiltonHHonors Diamond,Marriott Ambassador,National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Lounge is pathetic. Be prepared to hike to your room. Nice pub nearby--sorry, but I don't remember the name.
The lounge is not bad at all and it over looks the runway at heathrow. I do agree it can be a VERY long walk to you room. The pub you are talking about is the three kings? When you walk out of the hotel you make a left and it is just past the traffic light?
Old Oct 18, 2008, 8:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by njshawn
The pub you are talking about is the three kings? When you walk out of the hotel you make a left and it is just past the traffic light?
I believe you mean the "Three Magpies". "The Pheasant"....about a ten minute walk away, behind the Sheraton, is better. Great food, friendly, lively atmosphere.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Are the views from the rooms as great as I've read about? I've got a layover in January and have booked the Renaissance purely for the views.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.