Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Post #515 is an EXTENSIVE review w/ pics. Link

Food menus: Kitchen, In-Room Dining, Fire, Fish
Prices may change (sometimes substantially) so not necessarily up to date.

Excursions and activities pricing
Print Wikipost

W Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:44 am

Yes, they do. My friend recently asked about it.

Adding breakfast is $44/day
Half board is $219
Full board is $291
including taxes
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Interesting. They emailed me saying it would be 140 USD and 200 USD for half and full including taxes.

Originally Posted by optostar
Yes, they do. My friend recently asked about it.

Adding breakfast is $44/day
Half board is $219
Full board is $291
including taxes
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:24 am

Do you have status? Maybe that's with the 20% off F&B for Platinum and higher? (though the math doesn't make sense there either)

Last edited by optostar; Dec 30, 2018 at 12:27 am Reason: edit to correct 25% to 20%
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
I am Platinum Premier but you're right, the math doesn't make sense. Not sure I'll do it. May ask if I can do it for just a few days probably after a few nights after I get a sense of portion sizes and such. Will feast during free breakfast

Originally Posted by optostar
Do you have status? Maybe that's with the 20% off F&B for Platinum and higher? (though the math doesn't make sense there either)
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
I am Platinum Premier but you're right, the math doesn't make sense. Not sure I'll do it. May ask if I can do it for just a few days probably after a few nights after I get a sense of portion sizes and such. Will feast during free breakfast
That is a good idea! Let us know what they say! Yeah I'd much rather pay for 1 or 2 nights and then ration out the rest by overloading on the free breakfast too.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ahbitheman
That's what I told my wife. EAT EAT EAT at breakfast. Planters peanut butter crackers for lunch and dinner. As it's our 25th, she's giving me grief.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT
Originally Posted by southpaw1227
Does the W Maldives offer a half-board or full-board package that you can add onto award stays? Curious what the current pricing is for those.
Data point--This is what they emailed to me back in August (I'm on an award stay):

We are pleased to offer below our special Meal Plan options excluding beverages,
§ Half board – USD 140 including taxes per person per night.
§ Full board – USD 200 including taxes per person per night.

I believe the 20% Plat discount does not apply to meal plans. Also note that there are specific menus for those on a plan. I added up the most expensive items from those plans vs the cost on the a la carte menu and it definitely didn't look like a deal to me at these prices...so at the even HIGHER prices posted above, wow.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:48 am

Thanks, my friend received those prices in November, but I think given 2 datapoints of the same price already I would think you guys have more accurate information.

I am definitely bringing ramen. Load up on filling proteins at breakfast, and maybe accidentally take some breads/carbs out of breakfast afterwards...lol.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
That's what I told my wife. EAT EAT EAT at breakfast. Planters peanut butter crackers for lunch and dinner. As it's our 25th, she's giving me grief.
No offense intended but that's ridiculous.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Gunner14

No offense intended but that's ridiculous.
None taken....it was a joke.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
I thought I read earlier in this thread that you could upgrade an award stay at the W Maldives for 20K points per night. I tried calling reservations to inquire about this today and was told that I would have to do that at the resort. Is that true or should I just email the hotel now? My reservation is not until November. Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:52 pm

Garden villa suites are the standard room for 60K points. You could previously book OWV for 80K a night but that seems to be gone now with the new marriott system. 5th night free only applies to base rate so the 5th night charges 20k therefore 340K for 5 nights for an OWV (no longer possible). However, you may be able to coordinate with the hotel to do something although in my experience they will pass you back onto Marriott / SPG to issue it

Originally Posted by hull22
I thought I read earlier in this thread that you could upgrade an award stay at the W Maldives for 20K points per night. I tried calling reservations to inquire about this today and was told that I would have to do that at the resort. Is that true or should I just email the hotel now? My reservation is not until November. Thanks.
Gunner14 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:45 am

A few updates based on new information I just received from the resort. They are offering the drink package again in 2019 but terms look mostly the same.

With regard to half-board/full-board there is a difference between Platinum (+) and other guests. See below.
Standard meal plan

Breakfast, USD 44 including taxes per person per day – Served in KITCHEN Restaurant

Half board (Breakfast and Dinner), USD 216 including taxes per person per day

Full board (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner), USD 290 including taxes per person per day

Meal Plans supplement for Platinum+:
  • Half Board (Dinner) USD 140++ (USD 173 including taxes) per person per night excluding beverages.
  • Full Board (Lunch + Dinner) USD 200++ (USD 247 including taxes) per person per night excluding beverages.

RESTAURANTS

Half Board and Full Board are available in the following restaurants:

KITCHEN: The all-day dining venue features a unique and modern reinvention of the bistro, offering Pan Asian dishes with a focus on Southeast Asian cuisine.

FISH: Overwater specialty restaurant featuring the ‘Ocean to Table’ cuisine with a strong focus on the freshness of the local catch prepared with a Southeast Asian flair.

FIRE: Set by the beach, the restaurant offers a romantic and casual dining experience under the stars.

*Restaurants are open at Management’s discretion and their opening may vary according to seasonality.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
· Rate are per person, per day and inclusive of taxes and service charges.

· Rate are NET and not commissionable.

· Half Board is valid for 1 (one) daily 3 courses meal from A la Carte Menu

· Full Board is valid for 2 (two) daily 3 courses meals from A la Carte Menu.

· Half Board, Full Board, Kids Meals are NOT inclusive of Beverages.

· CHEF’S SPECIAL and the following PREMIUM FOOD are NOT included in Half Board & Full board plans: Wagyu, Kobe, Tomahawk, Oysters, Lobsters, Foie Gras, Caviar, Tiger Prawns.

· The following Special THEMED EVENINGS are NOT included and are subject to an additional charge:

Fire: Beach market, Maldivian Beach market, Steak House night

Fish: Serve me Lobster

· In ROOM DINING and meals during excursions are chargeable at retail menu price.

· No promotions (discount offer, early bird etc.) are applicable to meals supplement.

· Guest will not be refunded for any unconsumed meals.

· The Hotel reserves the right to revise meal supplements at any time
pnoeric likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:26 pm
In memoriam

Thank you @Gunner14 for this awesome update!

I ran the numbers again after looking at the menus for the restaurants, and once you factor in that breakfast is free, half board only makes sense if you really, really are committed to eating three courses for each meal each day.

On the other hand, as far as I can tell, the beverage package is still an absolutely fantastic deal.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
Plus the phrasing of the drink offer is unclear but if it gives you an included bottle of water with each meal plus alcoholic beverages, that could improve the value quite a bit given the cost of water with meals.
Originally Posted by pnoeric
If y'all are able to get the details on the drink package -- is it a bottle of water AND a drink with lunch AND dinner? -- that would be great to know. I think that does significantly increase the value of the package when you factor in the water, if so.
Was able to confirm that the drink package includes one bottle of sparkling water per person, per meal - in addition to the alcoholic options. So really this does seem to make it a better value prop.

Interestingly enough the blackout dates span part of my stay - so will have the drink package for half of my stay and not for the other (otherwise I believe you only have the option to include it for your full stay).
pnoeric likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.