Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Sorry for the typo. London Marriott Maida Vale. Plenty of people on here will criticize it because of the location, but it's fine if you can walk, take Ubers or taxis, and ride the subway. Plus, it has a lounge.
generally one of the locations I always stay at too. Although I have been booking more at Threadneedles. Not a hard walk to the tube.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat Premier
OK, thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Originally Posted by traub9556
Thanks BillBurn. Do you know if the sofa beds pull out into a full bed (that can sleep two kids)? The occupancy on the rooms do not list 4 people, so I was concerned if these sofas pull out into full beds or not? Also, has anyone stayed at this hotel? And if so, I'd love to hear a report (location, rooms, breakfast, etc.). We're also looking at some of the other suggested options (Maida Vale, Regents Park, Marble Arch, West India Quay), but we ideally want to be pretty close to the center of the city as we're only going to be there for a few days, so not sure about staying further out. Would welcome any thoughts on how far out of the city these are...

Thanks!
I don't know about the Tower Bridge Residence Inn as I've never stayed there. That location just opened a few of months ago so at the very least it's new. Check the Trip Advisor reviews or call the hotel for info on the pull-out bed. The "suite" looks pretty small and its only a double bed in the bedroom, but if you can deal with cozy it might work fine and always nice to have fridge and stove with kids in tow. As a PP you should also have a shot at an upgrade. Not the best location relative to other options, but 35K/night in points is pretty reasonable for close to central london (heck you could get 2 rooms there for only 10K more a night than 1 at the JW) and it seems to the be only suite available without a surcharge.

It you are willing to spring for 2 rooms for 100K+/night in points and want a lounge with a very touristy location then the JW or Sheraton Grand are probably best options (the lounge at the JW is generally regarded as the better of the two). I agree St. Ermin's is a good spot as well, although there's no lounge and, on average, smaller rooms (nice breakfast for PP elites though).

Bill
traub9556 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Off the top of my head, I know that rooms 524 and 606 have two double beds, since these are the last two I have occupied on recent stays at Maida Vale.
traub9556 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Also, MV doesn't enforce any policy regarding numbers of people in your party using the lounge.
traub9556 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by traub9556
Thanks BillBurn. Do you know if the sofa beds pull out into a full bed (that can sleep two kids)? The occupancy on the rooms do not list 4 people, so I was concerned if these sofas pull out into full beds or not? Also, has anyone stayed at this hotel? And if so, I'd love to hear a report (location, rooms, breakfast, etc.). We're also looking at some of the other suggested options (Maida Vale, Regents Park, Marble Arch, West India Quay), but we ideally want to be pretty close to the center of the city as we're only going to be there for a few days, so not sure about staying further out. Would welcome any thoughts on how far out of the city these are...

Thanks!
I am at Marble Arch the week before Christmas & will ask the accommodation questions you’ve raised. The place has apparently been renovated. Lately I’ve been straying from the hotels in Mayfair & wanted to check this place out. It is certainly walkable to the park and the MA underground.

it is also much cheaper.

A better reason is that although this property is at the extreme east of a mixed retail neighborhood on Edgeware it is an easy walk to Manchester Sq where I have business. Nice neighborhood and there are some good pubs and restaurants on Thayer St. Might be a decent option if you have kids in in tow.
traub9556 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
London Marriott County Hall Concierge Lounge

Sorry for the late post, but we stayed there in July 2018. The lounge had the typical self-service breakfast. However in the evenings, no self-service food was available. Instead you had to be waited on and place an order for one (per person) of the "small bites" selections on the menu. These items seem to get send up from the kitchen downstairs.

We were on a tight schedule between arrival and an evening tour and wanted a snack before a late supper. We sat down, ordered after a 10-minute wait, saw another table get served before us, and left another 15-minutes later with nothing. What should have been a 10-minute visit at any other lounge turned into a 25-minute wait for nothing. A complaint to the front desk did not even muster an apology, let alone some kind of compensation.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
London Marriott County Hall Concierge Lounge

Sorry for the late post, but we stayed there in July 2018. The lounge had the typical self-service breakfast. However in the evenings, no self-service food was available. Instead you had to be waited on and place an order for one (per person) of the "small bites" selections on the menu. These items seem to get send up from the kitchen downstairs.

We were on a tight schedule between arrival and an evening tour and wanted a snack before a late supper. We sat down, ordered after a 10-minute wait, saw another table get served before us, and left another 15-minutes later with nothing. What should have been a 10-minute visit at any other lounge turned into a 25-minute wait for nothing. A complaint to the front desk did not even muster an apology, let alone some kind of compensation.
Yep. They've been doing this since the fall of 2017. It's horrible. If you want more than the three, single-piece servings of food then they charge you. Totally absurd and super cheap.

When I last stayed, they had a rodent problem too. I also saw them filling the sink in the bar with ice and putting that ice in glasses for drinks. There was no liner or anything separating the ice from the tub of the sink. Completely unsanitary.

This property used to be my favorite in London. The view is great and the renovated room are nicely done, but it's not worth what they charge, either cash or in points.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by AATrout

I am at Marble Arch the week before Christmas & will ask the accommodation questions you’ve raised. The place has apparently been renovated. Lately I’ve been straying from the hotels in Mayfair & wanted to check this place out. It is certainly walkable to the park and the MA underground.

it is also much cheaper.

A better reason is that although this property is at the extreme east of a mixed retail neighborhood on Edgeware it is an easy walk to Manchester Sq where I have business. Nice neighborhood and there are some good pubs and restaurants on Thayer St. Might be a decent option if you have kids in in tow.
Any feedback about your stay? Lounge, room, looks etc.

Usually stay at the Park Lane but wanted a hotel with a pool.

Any answers appreciated!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Any feedback about your stay? Lounge, room, looks etc.

Usually stay at the Park Lane but wanted a hotel with a pool.

Any answers appreciated!
The Park Lane has a pool. Although it's part of a club, hotel guests get access.

Marble Arch does as well of course:

Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The Park Lane has a pool. Although it's part of a club, hotel guests get access.

Marble Arch does as well of course:

Thanks SkiAdcock for taking the time to reply and include pictures!!

I actually meant the "Sheraton" Park lane is my usual choice and it doesn't have a pool.

The Marriott Park Lane pool looks great!

Still would love to hear about recent Marble Arch stays.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM; Marriott PP w/ Ambassador
Where to stay in London?

Good Evening All. Long-time lurker but this is one of my first posts - would really appreciate some knowledge from someone whose been here before.

My wife and I are going to London and Paris in March - flying into LHR, 3 days (and nights) in London, and then taking the Eurostar to Paris for 5 days. I've already booked the PDG in Paris (waiting to get a status update as to the SNAs - hoping to get a Macassar Suite). We will be booking on points and I still have about 500K after booking the PDG so cost isn't really a concern.

Mostly, we will be sightseeing (major tourist traps) and I plan to eat/drink my weight in Fish-and-Chips and good beer - so the ability to get to good pubs w/o too much trouble is a must.

Currently, we are looking at the following
  • St. Pancras (Mostly b/c of the Eurostar proximity, tube proximity, and the Chambers Club) - Does anyone know if you can use SNA's to get a Chambers Club Room?
  • The Wellesley Knightsbridge (This place just looks ......)
  • The JW (Some of the reviews on here are underwhelming)
  • Marriott Park Lane
  • Sheraton Park Lane
  • Anywhere else close-in where we can walk/ride tube wherever we want to go

And yes, I realize there are a few London threads out there - and I've read them all - which has led my Type-A perfectionist self to this post.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
The Dixon is a new hotel right next to tower bridge, walking distance to the city and Tower of London. Rates are very competitive. I’ll provide a trip report in feb.

i strongly advise against st ermins if in consideration, rooms are smaller than broom closets.

Do consider grosvnor square. Good lounge and good location to Oxford street and tube access. A room on the square overlooking the park is quite lovely.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I used to stay at Grosvenor Square quite a bit. While the location is good (as are all the Mayfair properties), I found most rooms at GS to be very small & didn't like that the exec lounge was in the basement. I switched to JW/GH, which is where I usually stay. Larger rooms & a lot more suites for upgrades.

Cheers.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I used to stay at Grosvenor Square quite a bit. While the location is good (as are all the Mayfair properties), I found most rooms at GS to be very small & didn't like that the exec lounge was in the basement. I switched to JW/GH, which is where I usually stay. Larger rooms & a lot more suites for upgrades.

Cheers.
i would pick jw/gh over gs but they are also a class above gs. More points or more money

I found the room size for square view to be just fine at the gs but the bathrooms tiny. That said I don’t spend much time in the bathroom so that’s not a deal breaker for me. Yes lounge in basement but it’s comfortable with good food and self serve drink fridges. I’d raid the drink fridges each night grabbing large bottles of water allowing me to save on my per diem

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.