Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Originally Posted by traub9556
Hi All,
We have the option to book at the Grosvenor House for a king without any additional fees, but what would be the chances of getting upgraded to a suite there as Plat Premier? We aren't sure if it's worth risking it for the upgrade. Or are there any other properties we should consider? We'd ideally want to book a room for 4 with just using points (without any extra fees), but not sure if that's realistic?

We'd love any advice and/or suggestions for other properties we should consider.

Thanks!
I wouldn't count on a free suite upgrade at Grosvenor House even though April is a little slower than mid-summer. They offer suites for points plus very high supplements so I don't they would give one away unless they are empty.. You never know, but I wouldn't count on it. When I stayed there with my family (children very close to the same age, they just upgraded one room to a nicer view. I am LTPP and have stayed there on business several times and never been upgraded to a suite (although I never made a point of asking either).

Overall, I think it's going to be very hard to find a room in central london for 4 on straight points. Most of the hotels in town will offer bigger rooms, but only for points plus a supplement.

I do see on the website that the new Residence Inn is offering a 1 BR suite with a Sofa bed for 35K/night. I don't know what kind of reviews that hotel is getting but at least it is brand new and 35K for a suite seems like a good deal, maybe too good a deal.
hockeyinsider likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat Premier
Thanks for your insights! We'll definitely take a look at that Residence Inn. Other option, I guess, is booking two points rooms that are connecting...

For hotels that don't offer Concierge Lounges, does anyone know if breakfast is usually provided for Plat Premiers?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, DL Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
For hotels that don't offer Concierge Lounges, does anyone know if breakfast is usually provided for Plat Premiers?
Last year, I stayed with the family at St. Ermin's Hotel with 2 younger kids (6 and 4 at the time). I was old MR Platinum at the time. No CL but we were provided free buffet breakfast in the restaurant every day with both hot and cold options. Items could be ordered a la carte off the breakfast menu for extra which we did towards the end of our stay as the buffet selection didn't change from day to day.

Location-wise, it was great for us. Right on top of a tube stop and just a few minute walk to Westminster Abbey/Parilament/Big Ben.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Every property in London will provide breakfast for yourself and one other person, except the Design and Edition properties.
traub9556 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SPSTiger
Last year, I stayed with the family at St. Ermin's Hotel with 2 younger kids (6 and 4 at the time). I was old MR Platinum at the time. No CL but we were provided free buffet breakfast in the restaurant every day with both hot and cold options. Items could be ordered a la carte off the breakfast menu for extra which we did towards the end of our stay as the buffet selection didn't change from day to day.

Location-wise, it was great for us. Right on top of a tube stop and just a few minute walk to Westminster Abbey/Parilament/Big Ben.
Indeed. St. Ermin's has an excellent location for sightseeing in the heart of touristy London, but the rooms are very, very small. I presume the gentleman needs, at the minimum, one room with double queen-sized beds; one bed for the parents and one bed for the kids.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:27 am

Yes, you're correct. We need at least a room with two double beds.

Anyone have any experience with the Marriott Marble Arch with kids? Rate seems pretty good with minimal extra charges and they have a lounge...but wasn't sure about the property itself and its location?

Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:29 am
Suspended

Yes, you're correct. We need at least a room with two double beds.

Anyone have any experience with the Marriott Marble Arch with kids? Rate seems pretty good with minimal extra charges and they have a lounge...but wasn't sure about the property itself and its location?

Thanks!
Just remember that any hotel that wants to be a stickler will limit your lounge access to just your wife. More generally, there are some properties that restrict access to children, especially at night when alcohol is served.
traub9556 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:39 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Indeed. St. Ermin's has an excellent location for sightseeing in the heart of touristy London, but the rooms are very, very small. I presume the gentleman needs, at the minimum, one room with double queen-sized beds; one bed for the parents and one bed for the kids.
St. Ermin's also offers Family Rooms. Two queens, a daybed and two bathrooms. IIRC, there is one on each floor.

Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dayone
St. Ermin's also offers Family Rooms. Two queens, a daybed and two bathrooms. IIRC, there is one on each floor.

I don't know the surcharge for the family room, but a "deluxe" room with 2 queen-sized beds is 120 British pounds per night on top of the 200,000 points for a 5-night stay.

For almost the same amount of money (174 British pounds per night) you can get a 1-bedroom suite with 1 sofa bed at the relatively new Residence Inn. That's a better value because you're not burning 200,000 point. Alternatively, a "deluxe" "family room" with 2 queen-sized beds and a balcony is 186 British pounds per night at the London Marriott Regents Park.

A similar room is even cheaper (146 British pounds per night) at London Marriott Maida Vale. If you're willing to pay 209 British pounds per night at the Maida Vale property you get 10,000 bonus points and breakfast for two guests in the hotel restaurant on top of breakfast in the lounge for two guests. Or you could splurge for the 2-bedroom "presidential suite" at 424 British pounds per night.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Just get two rooms at Marriott Kensington or Maida Vale.

Last edited by catocony; Nov 30, 2018 at 11:11 am
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by BillBurn
I do see on the website that the new Residence Inn is offering a 1 BR suite with a Sofa bed for 35K/night. I don't know what kind of reviews that hotel is getting but at least it is brand new and 35K for a suite seems like a good deal, maybe too good a deal.
Is this the Residence Inn London Bridge or London Kensington?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Probably RI Kensington, which just recently opened.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Just because this thread is destined to stay near the top *forever* could the mods please change the thread title to London, United Kingdom? London, England is not something anyone from Europe would ever write.

Edit: Thanks!

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Nov 26, 2018 at 3:24 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by BillBurn

Thanks BillBurn. Do you know if the sofa beds pull out into a full bed (that can sleep two kids)? The occupancy on the rooms do not list 4 people, so I was concerned if these sofas pull out into full beds or not? Also, has anyone stayed at this hotel? And if so, I'd love to hear a report (location, rooms, breakfast, etc.). We're also looking at some of the other suggested options (Maida Vale, Regents Park, Marble Arch, West India Quay), but we ideally want to be pretty close to the center of the city as we're only going to be there for a few days, so not sure about staying further out. Would welcome any thoughts on how far out of the city these are...

Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:34 am
Suspended

We're also looking at some of the other suggested options (Maida Vale, Regents Park, Marble Arch, West India Quay), but we ideally want to be pretty close to the center of the city as we're only going to be there for a few days, so not sure about staying further out. Would welcome any thoughts on how far out of the city these are...
Do not stay at West India Quay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.