Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

County Hall is always my top recommendation for families. The location is great, the view is too, and the rooms are decent sized for London.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...n-england.html
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
County Hall is always my top recommendation for families. The location is great, the view is too, and the rooms are decent sized for London.
Agree 100%. We have since stayed at a few other London hotels with the kids, but this remains their favourite. Step out of the hotel and you are looking at the Houses of Parliament, London Eye etc. A lot of tourist sites are walkable. There is an executive lounge, and we were able to get a room with two queens.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:13 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
There are 3 other possibilities with kids, JW, good sized room, close to Oxford St and opposite Hyde Park. Large CL. Also Park Lane Marriott, corner of Oxford St, opposite Hyde Park, next to Marble Arch tube. Good, but smaller CL. Finally, left of field is the Cat7 Marriott Kensington, smaller rooms than others, nice CL, but also small, half mile from nearest tube, 20 mins walk to Natural History, Science and V&A museums. Another 10 mins walk to Harrods. It's advantage is Cat7. Nonetheless, I think your best bet is still County Hall...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Park Lane renovation due to finish in June 2015. Prices to match (399GBP).

http://news.marriott.com/2014/12/lon...ir-hotels.html

Cheers.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
London prices for 3 nights late summer 2015

The standard room price at the renovated Park Lane is a stupefying $781 per night. Apparently they are looking to recoup the renovation cost in a fortnight. Here's the list:
Standard room per night in GBP: (rate approx. 1 gbp=1.57 usd)

Park Lane: 499
Grand Residences: 369
JW Grosvenor House: 359
County Hall: 347
Edition: 345
St Pancras: 309
Grosvernor Square: 296
St Ermin's: 252
Regent's Park: 216
Marble Arch: 209
Threadneedles: 169
Maida Vale: 136
Kensington: 132
West India Quay: 127

Last edited by ohmark; Dec 18, 2014 at 10:01 pm
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:37 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ohmark
London prices for 3 nights late summer 2015
Great list and thanks for including the Grand Residences. It's a gem property that is perfectly suited for but almost always overlooked by families.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
The standard room price at the renovated Park Lane is a stupefying $781 per night. Apparently they are looking to recoup the renovation cost in a fortnight. Here's the list:

The West India Quay price looks to be a weekend rate as it's almost always comfortably in excess of Ł200 Mon-Thurs. (a random weeknight in Feb shows as Ł289)
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Stripy
The West India Quay price looks to be a weekend rate as it's almost always comfortably in excess of Ł200 Mon-Thurs. (a random weeknight in Feb shows as Ł289)
All above per day rates for Thursday/Friday/Saturday--3 night stays at the end of 8/15.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:31 pm

Need recommendations with a baby, using Points. Stay in May for 3 nights.

Prefer:
1. Good breakfast
2. Room size, prefer crib
3. Will take cabs or tube for attractions as long as it is within reason 10 bucks or so.
4. Restaurants and pubs walking or within a short cab ride away (5-10 mins)

St. Ermin's got good reviews on tripadvisor, and people seem to prefer the JW here. So, thinking between those two. Note that the points room (deluxe) at JW does not allow for cribs (superior level and up does, so will have to gamble for a small upgrade). The lowest points room at St Ermin does allow for crib.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:27 pm

I have a free night from the credit card in a cat 1-4, is there any hotel in London I can use this at?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Need recommendations with a baby, using Points. Stay in May for 3 nights.

Prefer:
1. Good breakfast
2. Room size, prefer crib
3. Will take cabs or tube for attractions as long as it is within reason 10 bucks or so.
4. Restaurants and pubs walking or within a short cab ride away (5-10 mins)

St. Ermin's got good reviews on tripadvisor, and people seem to prefer the JW here. So, thinking between those two. Note that the points room (deluxe) at JW does not allow for cribs (superior level and up does, so will have to gamble for a small upgrade). The lowest points room at St Ermin does allow for crib.
You'll get a full breakfast at StE since it doesn't have an exec lounge. You'll have brekkie in the exec lounge at JW. I think it's robust but can't totally remember. Perhaps others will chime in. I think both properties are within your parameters to tube & restaurants/pubs.

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
I have a free night from the credit card in a cat 1-4, is there any hotel in London I can use this at?
Alas, no. Some of the Cat 4s switched to Cat 5s this past April (and the Cat 5s are the airport properties).

Cheers.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
According to Marriott website, six category 4 Marriott properties in UK--none in London. http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search...els.Category4/
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:12 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
According to Marriott website, six category 4 Marriott properties in UK--none in London. http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search...els.Category4/
And if you're using the Cat 1-4 certs, Cat 3s are of interest too, there are 6 Cat 3s...

Cheshunt
Huntingdon
Leicester
Newcastle Gosforth
Peterborough
Swindon

BTW the UK Cat 4s are:

Aberdeen Airport CY
Bristol
Newcastle Metrocentre
Northampton
Preston
Waltham Abbey

Both Cheshunt and Waltham Abbey are a 15 minute drive to a tube station, and from there a 45 minute tube to anywhere central London. I've done this a few times from Waltham Abbey...
Old Dec 26, 2014, 4:11 am

This far out, it's likely there will be some promotions in the meantime...plus it's end of the year and they have had negotiations with their corporate accounts coming, so are using the renovations are an excuse to bump up the benchmark rate in order to secure better special corporate rates for 2015 - would recommend checking those prices closer to the time to see if they fall more into line with the JWs/Editions!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.