Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2003, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Actually both tube stations near the Chancery Court have two different lines each (a total of 3 lines between the two stations). Also, the Chancery Court is a bit closer to the Holborn station than County Hall is to its closest station.

Just picking a few nits....
Old Jul 6, 2003, 5:40 am

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
YYZFlyer's post provides a thorough overview of both properties. So I offer these few personal comments.

Both hotels are top notch properties located close to Tube stations; County Hall being just across the Thames & the Westminster Tube station ( Circle & District Lines ) while Chancery is near Holborn Tube stop ( Central Line ).

The staff at both hotels offer prompt, impeccable service. Both properties are elegantly appointed. County Hall is all about the view of the Thames and walking across the Westminster Bridge. Chancery is about the architecture of the building and it's proximity to the theater district. The lobby at Chancery feels more lively and peopled to me.

My wife and I recently book Chancery for a November London trip because the theater district is near by. In summer 2004 we will return to London and stay at County Hall to get that river view.

I reccomend either property.

have a nice trip,

Barry

[This message has been edited by jerseyfinn (edited 07-06-2003).]

[This message has been edited by jerseyfinn (edited 07-06-2003).]
Old Jul 6, 2003, 6:17 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Excellent overview, yyzflyer. Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jerseyfinn:
located close to Tube stations; County Hall being just across the Thames & the Westminster Tube station ( Circle & District Lines ) </font>
The great Tube bonus we discovered at County Hall was the proximity to Embankment station, accessed by the pedestrian bridge adjoining the railway crossing of the Thames, directly next to the London Eye. This added the Bakerloo and Northern lines to the list, as well as a nice little street full of shops and pubs adjacent to the station. The latter two lines and the Jubilee are also available at Waterloo station - technically the closest to the hotel, but the most difficult to access due to construction nearby.

[This message has been edited by yyzflyer (edited 07-06-2003).]
Old Jul 6, 2003, 9:08 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I stayed at Grovesnor Square a few years ago on an award stay. Excellent location, great staff, got a nice upgrade and fruit plate on my first night.

So.. just to confuse things more. I would probably chose County Hall if I go to London again on an award stay, personally.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 2:29 am

wow sound great. any other recent stays?
Old Jul 9, 2003, 12:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Thanks for bringing this post back up. It reminded me to check again for availability. This time I was able to reserve a one bedroom for my December stay using points.
Old Jul 10, 2003, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Phil, don't forget to post how it was after you've stayed there.

PS - How many points & did you go guest room or 1-bedroom residence?

------------------
Sharon

[This message has been edited by SkiAdcock (edited 07-10-2003).]
Old Jul 10, 2003, 10:36 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Sharon,
I reserved the one bedroom residence which is 75,000 for 3 nights. I will definitely post when I return. Thanks for all your help.

In the mean time, if anyone has stayed here recently, please post your comments.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 1:00 pm

That's 15K less than the Grosvenor Square Marriott 3-night exec room redemption is. Hmmm...think I'll call & see if I can get room for my bday weekend next year.

Edited to add: well, bummer. it's not available. i've booked grosvenor but not redeemed cert yet, so think i'll just keep checking back on 47 park st periodically & see if it opens up like it did for phil.

------------------
Sharon

[This message has been edited by SkiAdcock (edited 07-11-2003).]
Old Jul 23, 2003, 4:28 pm

London Marriott Park Lane - Great Experience

Dear all,

I decided to give the Park Lane Marriott a try this week - and I am not disappointed:

1) General
The hotel is fairly small, giving it a unique 'boutique' style setting. The service is very personal and stylish. Eveything's brand new and it feels like a luxurious private residence in London

2) The room
I got a nice king room, very stylish and modern design for a Marriott. Free fruits & water in the room (remember, I'm only MR silver). Looks great. Very quiet air conditioner (the Marble Arch one is so loud you can barely sleep with it). The room is not huge, but still roomy for London. Beautiful bathroom.

3) Room service
I found the quality ok.

4) Swimming pool
The pool is just fantastic ! There is a constantly changing colour scheme on the ceiling and wall, the whole thing looks extremely plush ! I was the only one in the pool at 11 pm, feels like I owned the place (I wish !)

5) Concierge
Ordered theatre tickets for Saturday, he told me this would not be a problem.

Conclusion: I feel this hotel has not been given enough credit compared to the County Hall and Chancery Court. My feeling is it beats County Hall by far and matches (if not exceeds) the Chancery Court experience.

cheers,

John69
Old Jul 23, 2003, 9:24 pm

I am glad to hear the positive experience. I will be there in 10 days, and am looking forward to it!
Old Jul 24, 2003, 10:47 am

John69, did you take the tube? How far is it from nearest tube stop to the hotel? I normally stay at Grosvenor Marriott also in Mayfair, but might switch to Park Lane to check it out. Does it have an exec level?

------------------
Sharon
Old Jul 24, 2003, 5:23 pm

The hotel is literally 20 meters away from the Marble Arch tube station (Central line).
Old Jul 25, 2003, 9:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
We were at the Park Lane in April on an award stay. I have no complaints about either the hotel or the staff/service. As a Platinum MR member, we didn't get an upgraded room but I can't complain. We used the ground floor concierge lounge several times a day and it was quite pleasant. The restaurant is very good and we had dinner there a couple nights. I haven't stayed at other London Marriott properties but I would recommend this location vs. other European Marriott properties where I've stayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.