Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:46 am

I use this service:

https://www.weknowlondon.com/transport/hotel-e-shuttle

Yes, it's expensive for a short ride, but efficient and comfortable
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
I use this service:
chttps://www.weknowlondon.com/transport/hotel-e-shuttle

Yes, it's expensive for a short ride, but efficient and comfortable
That looks interesting. Does the driver stand in arrivals and wait for you? Previously we used the Hoppa bus but a few weeks ago we learned that Heathrow Marriott quit using them -- it was supposedly unreliable, which we did encounter a few years ago. This last time we took Hoppa to the Skyline which is just next door and the bus drops off on the street out front between the two hotels, anyway. The car service we booked to return to T-5 cost about 40 GBP one way. The service you listed seemed to be roughly that (slightly less) but included both ways? Sounds good to me! A good car service beats a bus anytime and we've waited for the Hoppa bus for what feels like an eternity previously.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Donsyb
you'll have no problem getting a taxi or Uber to the airport. We do it regularly. Uber is about half the price of a cab, so would recommend that if you can get one.

recently the Renaissance has been coming out cheapest and the lounge is ok, although not as good as pre-covid. Not taking price into account the Marriott probably has the best lounge of the airport hotels ( I think we’ve tried all except the new Moxy &#128514
Thanks! Leaning towards Marriott I am using points and it's a decent offer
Donsyb likes this.

Last edited by Orange County Commuter; Jun 15, 2022 at 3:16 pm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:44 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
There are regular London Transport buses that go between T5 and the hotels on the A4. I use the 423 but there are others.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by nobbyclark
There are regular London Transport buses that go between T5 and the hotels on the A4. I use the 423 but there are others.
Thanks, but I am hoping to be able to be dropped off at the Virgin Upper Class check in to avoid what I understand is rather chaotic conditions in the terminal. So I would have to take some type of transfer service.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Anyone else finding the cash prices for Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London right now are in absolute bananas territory?
pilgrim likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Anyone else finding the cash prices for Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London right now are in absolute bananas territory?
I'll be in London for 4 nights the last week of June. The price for the room is more than 5 (!!) times the price in my reservation. I needed two rooms, so thank goodness I booked so early and didn't need to make any changes! Bananas indeed.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by JayeJ
That looks interesting. Does the driver stand in arrivals and wait for you? Previously we used the Hoppa bus but a few weeks ago we learned that Heathrow Marriott quit using them -- it was supposedly unreliable, which we did encounter a few years ago. This last time we took Hoppa to the Skyline which is just next door and the bus drops off on the street out front between the two hotels, anyway. The car service we booked to return to T-5 cost about 40 GBP one way. The service you listed seemed to be roughly that (slightly less) but included both ways? Sounds good to me! A good car service beats a bus anytime and we've waited for the Hoppa bus for what feels like an eternity previously.
I have only used it from hotel to airport so not sure on other direction. Their website may say. I was chatting with my last driver, who of course, doesn't just work for them, his main gig is as a tour guide, he was saying he likes the company and finds them very good. You also prepay so there is no expectation of a tip, though I have at times done so if I have any cash. I never take the Hoppa, I prefer regular transit if not taking a car even though you now have to pay. And yes, I think its 30 GBP round trip.
JayeJ likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
I have only used it from hotel to airport so not sure on other direction. Their website may say. I was chatting with my last driver, who of course, doesn't just work for them, his main gig is as a tour guide, he was saying he likes the company and finds them very good. You also prepay so there is no expectation of a tip, though I have at times done so if I have any cash. I never take the Hoppa, I prefer regular transit if not taking a car even though you now have to pay. And yes, I think its 30 GBP round trip.
I used them from T5 to the Renaissance a few weeks ago. I expected the driver to be waiting in arrivals but in reality I got through immigration very quickly and had to go to their counter in arrivals. It then took about 10 mins for the car and driver to collect me and you can track their progress to you online. They park right outside at arrivals level so no messing around with lifts to the car park. Quicker and more convenient than hoppa or tfl bus, and much cheaper than Uber from the airport (about the same price as Uber to the airport). If I didn't have baggage though I might just take the tfl bus.
JayeJ likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Yep. Last year we were staying regularly at Canary Wharf for £90 to £100 a night. Now back to £250 upwards, even at weekends. Used to get around £120 mark on weekends. Other hotels are double. No trips to the capital for a while.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I was at County Hall last night. Cash rates of £950+ for the past few weeks. Fortunately my corporate rate kicked in at a fixed rate, so I could stay there.

It isn't just Marriott hotels though (although the rates are probably the most extreme), even the likes of Premier Inn and Travelodge rates are consistently over £250 per night for some very dismal options in central London.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by RAPC
I was at County Hall last night. Cash rates of £950+ for the past few weeks. Fortunately my corporate rate kicked in at a fixed rate, so I could stay there.

It isn't just Marriott hotels though (although the rates are probably the most extreme), even the likes of Premier Inn and Travelodge rates are consistently over £250 per night for some very dismal options in central London.
Agreed, there appears to be rampant inflation across the board!
RAPC likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Yup. I'll be there in a few days time and yes it's absolutely crazy. I stayed at the Grosvenor House 3 months ago for 250ish GBP per night + SNA's went through to an executive suite for an 8 nighter. This sounds like stealing with what we're seeing now.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I just did a four-night stay at St. Ermin's. It was on points and SNAs did not clear, but the room I got was a nice upgrade from the room for which I paid. The hotel is excellent and will be high on my list for future stays.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:59 pm

The W near Trafalgar Square and China Town was recently 60,000 points per nite. It is in a very busy area, but inside the hotel you do not hear the loud noise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.