Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:23 am

Hello Everyone. Here goes the classic and oft repeated question. I have tried to educate myself in these points but here it goes (indulgences please):
Retiring this summer and will spend five nights as a Lifetime Titanium in London.

Am looking at JS Grosvenor House, Sheraton Park Lane, Marriott Grosvenor Park as likely options. All are about 280k points for five nights.
Marriott Town Hall which is interesting is excessive points as is Park Lane which I know are recommended props. Highly rated Chancery does not show up on my search.

Nice property and points value is foremost. Executive Lounge and access are also of strong interest. Location (which can be even more subjective) probably last.

Would really appreciate comments from the very experienced readers that make this board so valuable.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by shoelessj
Highly rated Chancery does not show up on my search.

Thanks in advance!
The Renaissance Chancery Court (which I loved - great location, fabulous historic building and fantastic service) is sadly no longer part of Marriott. It is a Rosewood.

Of your other hotels, the only I have stayed at is the Sheraton Park Lane. Great location, decent lounge, and good service. I've been upgraded there for short stays. I would definitely stay there again.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Hello Everyone. Here goes the classic and oft repeated question. I have tried to educate myself in these points but here it goes (indulgences please):
Retiring this summer and will spend five nights as a Lifetime Titanium in London.

Am looking at JS Grosvenor House, Sheraton Park Lane, Marriott Grosvenor Park as likely options. All are about 280k points for five nights.
Marriott Town Hall which is interesting is excessive points as is Park Lane which I know are recommended props. Highly rated Chancery does not show up on my search.

Nice property and points value is foremost. Executive Lounge and access are also of strong interest. Location (which can be even more subjective) probably last.

Would really appreciate comments from the very experienced readers that make this board so valuable.

Thanks in advance!
I've stayed at the Grosvenor house and the Sheraton Park Lane. I'd err towards Sheraton if I was choosing again. Not to say the Grosvenor house is poor, but they have less upgrade chances. Perhaps if you're using SNAs. Exec lounge at Sheraton was nice. Afternoon tea with scones and desserts. Snacks and wine and beer in the eves. Comfy seats too. I don't recall using the Grosvenor house's exec lounge, stayed there some years ago.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire

Thanks in advance!
i assume you mean Grosvenor Square not park? We stayed there a couple of weeks ago, OH is platinum. They apologised they could not upgrade us to a better room as they were full but we still got upgraded to lounge access. The lounge was nice with good evening nibbles and breakfast. Room was nice and very quiet - it overlooked a courtyard with nice outside seating, and it appeared some ground floor rooms have private terraces. We seemed to be given extra points because of the lack of room upgrade.
Location is good, and the on-site restaurants are Gordon Ramsay. The cocktail bar looked nice but we didn’t have time to try it.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:33 am

Appreciate comments. As my wife reminded me I can tend 'overthink' things (although as I reminded her it has served us well on previous trips).
We did book the JW Grosvenor House and will submit SNA and see what happens. My wife and daughter had stayed at MPark Lane and it was wonderful but too many extra points on this go around.
I feel certain Sheraton Park Lane is another wonderful property. Thanks again.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:34 am

JW Grovesnor House is a great choice. We were there a few years ago, and booked on points again for this fall. We were given a nice status upgrade to a very large room. The location is excellent across from the park and close to shopping. The lounge is also the best we have ever seen anywhere. Enjoy your stay!
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I second the Grosvenor House as well. Checked out yesterday on an 8 night stay (check the hotel's thread). We had our daughter with us and was given a suite that has a sofabed. Some suites don't have sofa beds and they don't publish it. Breakfast too was a big plus.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I am looking at London hotels and it appears my company has a decent corporate rate at that Marriott County Hall (250 GBP/night; regular is running 530 GBP ) with other similar hotels costing upwards of 400 GBP. Other than potentially limited food in the lounge in the evening ... anything else I should consider that might deter me? Looks like they are offering a range of true suites via SNA, so I might try that. Location seems decent.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by cfischer
I am looking at London hotels and it appears my company has a decent corporate rate at that Marriott County Hall (250 GBP/night; regular is running 530 GBP ) with other similar hotels costing upwards of 400 GBP. Other than potentially limited food in the lounge in the evening ... anything else I should consider that might deter me? Looks like they are offering a range of true suites via SNA, so I might try that. Location seems decent.
Have stayed here many, many times and I love it. The gym is probably one of the best in London -- and the views are gorgeous and I have had good luck with upgrades there. Only downside is that the area can get swamped with tourists -- and you should be aware that some of the rooms near the Eye make you feel like you are in a fishbowl lol.

I was there last month and London was eerily quiet -- hardly anybody out and about and so many restaurants and stores have closed - very sad.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat

!
It's no secret I am partial to Grosvenor Square (not Park) having stayed here a dozen times mostly on business. The lounge was always well stocked for breakfast and dinner though it is located in a windowless room in the basement. As Plat & Gold was often upgraded to an executive room though never to a suite of which there are few. The location cannot be beat - short walk to dozens of restaurants of all types and very close to Bond St tube (a little farther to Marble Arch). And it is wonderfully quiet (particularly for the interior rooms) which is a rarity in London.

Stayed twice at JW Grosvenor House including a 5N award as a Plat. We were supposedly upgraded but the room only had a partial park view - not as nice as GS. The walk to the tube is longer than GS and the restaurants and pubs are a bit farther. The lounge is beautiful and always well stocked, definitely a step up from the GS - and few children running amok as you find at GS. You might get a better room as a Titanium

I don't think you can go wrong with either one - the rooms are very comparable. If location is less an issue (or you want to be next to the park) then you made the right choice with JW GH. Have never stayed at Sheraton as most of my London travel pre-dated the SPG merger.

Never stayed at County Hall but stayed near there and I can't say I am a fan of the area. While there is some convenience to be near Waterloo (I use the commuter train to visit family) I am much happier with the neighborhood near the GS and GH. No idea where Town Hall is

Last edited by Boraxo; Mar 19, 2022 at 10:43 pm
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
For the record, Town Hall is not the same as County Hall (considerably different neighborhoods, Town Hall is out in Bethnal Green), though both properties are Marriott properties.

Since Town Hall is a Design property the status benefits aren’t very extensive… it’s made up for as far as I am concerned by being a Cat. 5 on points as opposed to a Cat. 8 for County Hall.
Intl359Widget likes this.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 19, 2022 at 8:47 pm
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Stay at the Bankside instead (just across the River), similar yet superior.
thanks for the suggestion. The Westin is walking distance (<1 mile) to my meetings. Crossing the river would remove the walking aspect
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I was there last month and London was eerily quiet -- hardly anybody out and about and so many restaurants and stores have closed - very sad.
I was also in London last month and had the opposite experience. I walked right in front of County Hall and couldn't move. It was mobbed. Thousands of people out enjoying the sunshine in February. I was there during the time when Covid restrictions were being eased (same week). Already no one was wearing masks outdoors, even in the mob. Everywhere else I walked along the Thames was super busy but not as bottle necked thanks to the Eye queue and narrow pathway in front of the hotel.

-RM
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Can anyone advise how the Marriott Regents Park compares to the Marriott Maida Vale? In terms of the hotel experience rather than the location. I am Silver Elite. Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:44 pm

First timer visiting in June

Booked two hotels, Marriott Maida Vale for about 165/night and Great Northern Portfolio for $200/night. I have plat status. Would be just my wife and I, visiting London for the first time. All we really want from a hotel is good location with nearby good quality food/pub, king bed and air conditioning lol. For a couple of days we have to take a train to Bath and the Warner Bro Studios. Which is the better option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.