Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by DELee
Perhaps creating a wiki with links to the active threads for London properties might work better? This is the primary thread that I've been keeping an eye on since I set up our flights into LHR late last year. Only after yesterday and searching through all of the properties to figure out which one would work best for my family did I actually start searching on the individual property threads. Could also include a link to Horace's post on his comparative analysis of different properties since that was also useful (and one that I found _after_ booking at the Park Lane - but that confirmed my decision).

David
You're wiki-enabled. Go for it - great idea.

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
^
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Cheers.
Sounds like fun! (Not super much but is worthwhile for all).

I'll work on the endeavor (or is that endeavour) after I finish this next series flights - hopefully this weekend.

David
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, Marriott TE, National EE, Global Entry/TSA-Pre, APEC BTC
Which is the most convenient from LHR? The Marriott or the renaissance? Shuttles/transport is not obvious on the hotel websites. Just staying for a couple of nights on business.

and how is the Windsor Marriott as an option further from LHR but closer to my customers.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by unitedhandcuffs
Which is the most convenient from LHR? The Marriott or the renaissance? Shuttles/transport is not obvious on the hotel websites. Just staying for a couple of nights on business.

and how is the Windsor Marriott as an option further from LHR but closer to my customers.
Both the Marriott & Ren are easy from LHR. They're in the 'free bus zone', so it doesn't cost anything to get to them. The Ren is 1 stop before the Marriott, so either is fine. The Ren is normally a tad cheaper. Also its exec lounge literally overlooks the runways, so great views.

I haven't stayed at the Heathrow/Windsor Marriott in quite a while. It was fine when I was there. You can take the Hoppa bus (5GBP) or a taxi (website says 50GBP).

Cheers.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Did the LHR Marriott just jump from Cat 6 to Cat 7 in the last couple of weeks?

I could have sworn it was showing up as 30k points/night (same as the Ren) when I looked at it recently... :/
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I haven't stayed at the Heathrow/Windsor Marriott in quite a while. It was fine when I was there. You can take the Hoppa bus (5GBP) or a taxi (website says 50GBP).
No way would it cost Ł50 for a cab, more like Ł10-12. The driver can go back to the front of the queue once done
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
No way would it cost Ł50 for a cab, more like Ł10-12. The driver can go back to the front of the queue once done
I thought the 50 was high as well. I think I've gone from central London to LHR for that amount, and obviously Slough is closer to LHR.

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sofasurfer
Did the LHR Marriott just jump from Cat 6 to Cat 7 in the last couple of weeks?

I could have sworn it was showing up as 30k points/night (same as the Ren) when I looked at it recently... :/
Don't know if it jumped recently but LHR Marriott is currently listed as a Cat 7. Ren LHR is Cat 6.

David
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wiki post created

FWIW, I've generated the wiki post for this thread.

The wiki includes:
  1. Thread Statistics (this thread has the most posts across the Marriott and Ritz-Carlton forum)
  2. London's Marriotts (Marriott's web page for London shows 28 properties total)
  3. Property Statistics (total rooms, brand breakdown, 2016 and 2017 category tiers, room remodel stats, numbers of rooms, number and percentage of suites and (un)likelihood of upgrades to suites)
  4. Individual Marriott Properties in London, England (info for each property: name, linked web page, linked fact sheet page, physical address, property statistics (numbers of rooms, suites, %suites, Concierge Lounge, 2017 category, last remodel date and, if they exist, individual property threads)
I welcome any and all feedback as well as encourage everyone (who can) to edit and update the wiki.

David
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:24 am

FWIW, I've generated the wiki post for this thread.I welcome any and all feedback as well as encourage everyone (who can) to edit and update the wiki.

David
Well done, David! I think this will be very helpful for future travel to London. ^
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:29 am

FWIW, I've generated the wiki post for this thread.

The wiki includes:
  1. Thread Statistics (this thread has the most posts across the Marriott and Ritz-Carlton forum)
  2. London's Marriotts (Marriott's web page for London shows 28 properties total)
  3. Property Statistics (total rooms, brand breakdown, 2016 and 2017 category tiers, room remodel stats, numbers of rooms, number and percentage of suites and (un)likelihood of upgrades to suites)
  4. Individual Marriott Properties in London, England (info for each property: name, linked web page, linked fact sheet page, physical address, property statistics (numbers of rooms, suites, %suites, Concierge Lounge, 2017 category, last remodel date and, if they exist, individual property threads)
I welcome any and all feedback as well as encourage everyone (who can) to edit and update the wiki.

David
Wow - now that's a wiki! ^:-:

For what it's worth I don't actually care about how many posts are in the thread per year, but lot of good info in your wiki overall.

I know it took a lot of time, so well done you!!!

Cheers.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More Data in Graphical Form: London Marriotts and Maps (as of: 02/11/17)

Here's the list of Marriott's 28 London properties as a single graphic:

Same data but a copy of the map from the Marriott London web page (with the web page linked):

The Marriott properties within 9 to 36 miles of London: (note since the map is a single image, the links are not active)

Marriott properties at West India Quay and London City Airport:

Marriott properties within 2.5 miles of Central London:

Marriott properties within 1.2 miles of Central London:

David

Last edited by DELee; Jan 13, 2018 at 11:53 pm Reason: stupid greedy photo storage website
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:30 pm
alc

I did a search for "weekend lounge" on this thread and found from a few older posts that Grosvenor House is one that the lounge do open on the weekend.

Are they others that also open on weekend? Planning a 6-night stay in Summer and now just start going thru all the options available from Marriott.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alc
Are they others that also open on weekend?
Check out the Sticky Wiki at the top of the Marriott Forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.