Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2003, 6:26 pm

47 Park Street is also a contendor pointswise - a three night stay in a one bedroom condo is just 10000 points more than the Maida Vale. This is a much better value, if you can get it, as room rates are usually at least twice as much if you were paying cash.
Old Oct 5, 2003, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'll be staying at 47 Park Street (which is a timeshare vs reg hotel) in Feb, so can give report then, but if you do a search, someone owns one (lucky-more $$ than me!), & others are staying there before me. I took a tour (and reported) - FAB PLACE!!! Will report after stay to see if it measures up to first view - I normally stay at the Grosvenor Square Marriott & am quite happy w/ that.

Edited to add: timeshare available for points.
------------------
Sharon

[This message has been edited by SkiAdcock (edited 10-05-2003).]
Old Oct 6, 2003, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Awesome, I checked it out and its available so I reserved this one. Good call, as you are right the cash rates are much higher as well

thanx

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cedric:
47 Park Street is also a contendor pointswise - a three night stay in a one bedroom condo is just 10000 points more than the Maida Vale. This is a much better value, if you can get it, as room rates are usually at least twice as much if you were paying cash.</font>
Old Oct 8, 2003, 9:11 pm

London is one of the worst cities in the world!
Old Oct 9, 2003, 4:55 am

whatsontv, he wasn't asking about whether London was a great city or not, but about Marriotts there. If you've got input on any of them, post it. If you want to discuss London as a destination point, Travelbuzz or Omni might be better suited? Cheers.

------------------
Sharon
Old Oct 9, 2003, 7:41 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
In my opinion its the Renaissance Chancery Court.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zakami:
In my opinion its the Renaissance Chancery Court.</font>
Agree 100%. One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
We're at 47 Park at the end of next month on an award stay. Looking forward to it after others' reviews and will post impressions on return.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 12:14 pm

Well I've never stayed there but after the glowing reviews I'm going to have to seriously consider it.

------------------
Sharon
Old Oct 10, 2003, 5:10 am

Location: Laguna Beach, CA; Former DL everything, now AA/AS everything; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; and all that other stuff!!
After 7 consecutive annual trips to London in November, and switching between Renaissance and Marriott G-Square, I now prefer the Renaissance. However, G-Square is great for shopping and the high end residential neighborhood location. Renaissance has a great club level which G-Square lacks.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 6:13 am

edited

Last edited by goingnow; Mar 9, 2010 at 8:48 am
Old Oct 10, 2003, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
A thanks to all you London trip reporters out there. I feel secure in knowing my upcoming trip will be dynamite at the Renaissance. With all the marriots and starwoods to choose from, it's nice to hear definitive recommendations!
Old Oct 10, 2003, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Chancery Court was awesome. Got a room on the executive level and it felt very much like a Ritz Carlton--even better than some of the Ritz's I have stayed in.
Old Oct 11, 2003, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting to read this, especially as I live about 10 minutes walk from the Marriott Maida Vale. While I don't know a great deal about the property, I would like to add a few local observations about the area. The Maida Vale name is somewhat cheeky as the property is most definetly in Kilburn, and as noted above, Kilburn is a very diverse neighbourhood. It's fairly safe, but I would advise being careful late at night on the route between the hotel and the tube. There is some drug dealing in the area and with that comes the usual petty theft problems. There is a great pub in the area called the Clifton (on Clifton Hill, a 2 minute walk. Relaxed atmosphere and some great British ales. Buy me a pint should you find me slouched at the bar!

While the Regents Park is a cat 6, the area is a bit more relaxed/civlised and only 3 minutes walk from Swiss Cottage tube station. There is plenty to do in the neighbourhood too.
Old Oct 12, 2003, 3:21 pm

Marble Arch was ok. It was a bit of a schlep from the Tube Station since the one nearest the hotel was closed. That was March. If they work like SEPTA then I would expect the station will be closed until the end of Tony Blair's term. I was using reward points, so I can't really complain. Room was a bit small.

There is a small slots parlor that pays off like mad just north of the hotel. Drop in a quid and see how it goes. And a couple of decent pubs and middle eastern joints are in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.